Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

so did you just sneak in a luggage scale and use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Don't let people know that you can't donate if you've had any alcohol in the last 48 hours.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Sickening posted:

Btw, mono black and b/w zombies is a real deck. The budgest b/w version without relentless and lily is what I would play if I was to suggest a deck to someone. The pushes are the only expensive card that is basically mandatory.

Yeah I've bought up most of the zombie stuff since it was all relatively cheap (besides Relentless Dead and Lili cause I'm not about to spend that on those cards) and it's pretty fun too.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Alris posted:

Just checking, Bontu the Glorified is a bad card, right?

It's prob alright in a janky Aristocrats deck.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Fingers McLongDong posted:

The BW zombies list has no relentless dead so I guess it's cheaper. Standard looks to have a few budget friendly decks this season.

Dual lands are more expensive than swamps.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Apparently Wizards is going to offer a limited time play point bundle in time for Iconic Masters draft on MTGO.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/iconic-masters-comes-magic-online

This already caused Cardhoarder to drop their ticket buy price to $0.83. Looks like MTGO is going to burn earlier than people thought.

https://twitter.com/cardhoarder/status/928676196996538370

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

ShaneB posted:

Maybe now is when I buy into a modern deck to jam with some upcoming free time....

Ticket price is still the same, they just lowered what price they're buying them at because the market is going to crash and they don't want to be stuck with worthless tickets when it does.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

says man with thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) invested in old cardboard

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
My friend got an invite to Arena for going to Ixalan pre-release. The interesting part is that he did not actually go and the store must have used his DCI number to inflate their numbers.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
BTW, that alt-right facebook group is run by our favorite MTG celeb TWoo.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Not sure if people have seen it, but there's a new Mono Blue Living end deck that utilizes As Foretold that's super spicy.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/852620#paper

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Hellsau posted:

I'm pretty confident that if I didn't get my dumb rear end banned on Rich Shay's stream, Gleemox would still be legal. Then again, Numot ran into the Oubliette bug in the Pauper Challenge and probably missed top 8 because of it, and it isn't fixed yet, so who knows what actually triggers WotC into taking action.

The fact that both of those people still pump money into MTGO is why.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Some early RIX spoilers

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

anglachel posted:

Whats the engine your using to dump a bunch of lands in your graveyard? Grave Troll?

There's a jank valakut dredge deck in modern that might want it.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

This is much better high cmc card for merfolk

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Everyone

Get in here

One of my favorite HS decks of all time, it's a shame this card is unplayable in comparison to Grim Patron.

moush fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 3, 2018

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Why doesn't it have haste baseline, would that have been too strong?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

A bad bob? Or a black Elvish Visionary. Vampires seems pretty pushed.

moush fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 3, 2018

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Vampires seems more pushed than Merfolk this set and it already had tournament showing.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Dragon Stompy/Mono Red Sneak are probably the decks that want it the most.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
This seems fun.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
All we need is a Blood Artist reprint and a good sac outlet besides Yahenni.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is Drain Bob really not good in some kind of token/control shell? I guess if ascend is bad then it's a bad card.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I thought people complained that there wasn't enough good removal in standard? Now the removal is too good?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

InterrupterJones posted:

I've got to stop watching SaffronOlive's budget build videos, especially for Modern. Right now I really want to build Abzan Rites.

First modern deck I made was his Vampire Rally deck and I'm hoping he does an update with all the new cards it might get.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
People on reddit are really jumping through hoops as to why registered sex offenders should be allowed to judge events.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
They'll likely ban something from energy, the question is which card and if they will ban something from a non-energy deck (RR) so it doesn't just replace energy as enemy #1

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Scarab God is a dumb card and needs to go imo.

Well it will make all the people who bought playsets of a $50 card really mad.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Didn't they make them team events, while also buying out legacy staples?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

quote:

the environment has been dominated for several months by two archetypes: Temur Energy and Ramunap Red. Together these two archetypes represent more than 40% of the competitive metagame

I guess that sounds better than admitting that Energy was more than 50% of the meta.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rinkles posted:

Was their thinking with Ferocidon an attempt to bolster Tokens? (Or Virtuoso?)

Vampires most likely.

Seems like some GPG deck with Scarab God and Chupacabra will be really good.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Attorney at Funk posted:

Is this the worst Standard ever? Over the last year it's seen eight bans which is on par with Urza and Mirrodin standard, except none of these cards are even memorably powerful. It was just an exhausting, lovely format to play and they used bans to force mid-season rotations because lord knows the new cards wouldn't do it.

I think the changes to rotation and the revert really screwed everything up.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rinkles posted:

We're currently in a small standard.

Ixalan was never supposed to compete with Energy.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I don't think you can use the excuse "but the card wasn't expensive" if the decks it was good in get worse.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

oryx posted:

Is this the first time they used MTGO stats like that to justify their actions? I'm out of the loop a bit on standard, so I was caught of guard by them also going after Ramunap Red, but the data made it looks like a pretty good call?

They used data to ban the cat combo 4 days after a B&R announcement.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And yet they couldn't also google that Temur Energy was too strong and very likely to eat a ban? Bans kill decks, boo hoo.

This argument would work better if they weren't banning the top 2 decks of each meta.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Lone Goat posted:

Testing teams and skill at Magic, a fundamentally unfair advantage.

Wizards please ban having friends.

Hiding MTGO data really promotes enfranchised pro teams. It's weird looking how it's so different for HS where pros actively release content to explain the meta to the rest of the player base.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Angry Grimace posted:

Nah it was fine last time.

You mean the tron x valakut top 8?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

ShaneB posted:

Online yeah. In paper it's still $26 which is wild.

The people that were interested in standard already had their playsets of him. When standard is so bad they have to ban stuff, it's not like everyone will come back to the format. They might have already bought into modern/legacy anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

They are severely into dinosaurs?

Why do they want Scarab God then?