Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tainen posted:

I also signed up for pre-release and have never owned a magic card. I have completed the first 30 or so missions on the iPhone game though so I am all set to win the whole thing.

Remember; lands in front, tap to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

quote:

Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras

Where the gently caress is Lord of Atlantis's long needed reprint?! :argh:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just want it to have reserved list cards so I can watch the "investors" shriek their heads off on reddit.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

We gotta get Merchant Scroll and Serrated Arrows in there, gonna have to bump another set.

But what about Didgeridoo?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean I opened an expedition Misty and I'm probably never going to get rid of it because I love it so much.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheChirurgeon posted:

I thought people were pretty happy with MM17

It didn't bring staples down enough so people are in fact not happy.

You know for reasons.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh wow Moeller did a lot of notable Lorwyn stuff.

Notably, Pestermite and Sower of Temptation.

He is also noted for things that terrify me, such as Just the Wind. :tinfoil:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 22, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

4-0 split with the other 4-0, deck was nuts.

The best part was anointed procession being a shitload better than I gave it credit for, any time I embalmed was backbreaking for my opponent.

Then I played Oketra and made 4 flying vigilance soldiers at the end of every turn :getin:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Told you. (Not about Top though)

I guess Top just got cheap as poo poo. And I guess Miracles is dead. Or at least the Countertop Aspect.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

The parking lot sign worked!

:aaaaa:

Angry Grimace posted:

The only games I lost the entire weekend were to a nine year old girl. She was so excited. Last I saw she was 3-1. :3:

This is what Prerelease is all about.

That and 2-0'ing people that deserve to lose every game of Magic they play because they're overall terrible sports about it.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 24, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This is the most popular Red as a color has been in years.

What's the problem?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The only excitement I had about Amonkhet was that we finally have an Egyptian set and that Vizier of the Menagerie is a card I get to put in Animar.

Also it's fun as gently caress from a limited perspective.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The best example is still Raging Ravine.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mikujin posted:

Posting poo poo that some hack slapped her name on is bad and you should feel bad.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm just still mad they didn't even give Smuggler's Copter a god drat chance in a format with Fatal Push.

Then Manglehorn was also in their list of Things They're Printing.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Just watched Kenji have an opponent ask him how you go about Exerting.

You'd think it would ask you when you attack, but nope.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

This would be true if they didn't just create a masters set that catered to them. They obviously aren't the priority, but all you folks writing off these customers that are deeply invested into the game might have faulty logic. I don't even play legacy.

We're also 2 for 4 on sets containing cards that were reprinted in a Masters Set that were banned from the format they were intended for shortly after.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

That's because that's against the rules. Exert requires you to exert AS you attack; the act of pressing OK is declaring attackers. It's a super, super minor rules thing, but you can't declare attackers, realize you actually made a bad attack and then decide to exert.

I mean more like when you select the creature to attack, a little popup prevents you from continuing because it has the Yes/No menu with "Do you want to Exert X Creature?"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I suppose a 4/4 hasty dragon for 5 being 12 bucks makes sense given the last time red had such a strong finisher was Stormbreath Dragon.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

No Jackal God, no deal. :colbert:

It's Mogis all over again!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

More reasons why MTGSalvation is terrible. Man known for excellent Merfolk content posts a discussion video about Soul-Scar Mage and Harsh Mentor gets banned because someone flagged his post for solicitation followed up with some playful jabs at his tude.

He even mentions MTGS is a terrible shithole.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 26, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

little munchkin posted:

Does he actively contribute to the forums? Tbqh a sensationalist statement that links to your youtube channel is pretty obnoxious if he's not a regular. Even if he's a regular I don't want to watch his lovely clickbait.

I don't read anything there besides the single-deck discussions for decks I play. That's what everyone should do probably.

Yeah, he posted frequently in the Merfolk thread, offering advice and posting gameplay videos of Merfolk, going as far as so do write ups for sideboard guides and decklists for metas.

He contributed a lot.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Holy Moley it's deaaaaaad

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GoutPatrol posted:

...Censor?

Trespasser's Curse, more likely.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just want to build zombie tribal now, honestly.

But I don't play Standard anymore so hey, maybe the cat ban fixes the issue at hand and we have more than 2 decks. (Haha)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

For all we know that's the Demon Liliana came to murder.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dehtraen posted:

I only play the magic format where my deck gets to do its thing and your deck loses.

So, EDH?

Edit: No like seriously I have plenty of this in EDH, from Animar becoming a large boy, play Walking Ballista, ping everyone 40 times to play Alesha from command zone with Anger in yard swing and pull Master of Cruelties out of my yard.

There's a guy in our playgroup whose goal is to just...draw cards and never let anyone have a turn ever again, the commander is Angus and it's awful.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 28, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So when do we do Marvel Sun, in which we play and cast approach of the Second Sun off Marvel in some kind of weird control shell?

Or are we doing that on stream right now?

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 29, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Huh. Amonkhet just came out and Hour is out in two months.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Drove 2-5 hours to play Modern for lovely prices too. People love modern.

It's a good format.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

little munchkin posted:

that builds been going around for a while

sun titan -> get back saheeli -> clone sun titan, attack with hasted clone -> get two more things back seems like pretty good value to me

also skred red in the finals maybe people will start respecting as an actual deck now they won't

Yes, make my Snow-Covered Mountains GROW In value

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm sure Dracula had a hand in this.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TwistedNails posted:

I added 4 flings and a couple manticore flingers and 2 dispels to my pummeler deck on mtgo and did 40 dmg in a turn so that was fun.

This is how the Pummeler deck wins now, it's delightful.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

A guy I know built a silly pummeler deck that runs this jerk as an alternate wincon:

Along with Pia's Revolution, Ornithopters, Flings, the Manticores, it's actually really funny that they would print a bunch of artifact recursion, Ornithopters, Not-Spellbombs, an Atog, and loving Fling all in the same format.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

bigperm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCS6yhhFmSo

I've been obsessed with this deck. Enough that I might make it and actually drive to a store and play it with strangers.

Am I going to get my poo poo pushed in?

Nobody will judge you, FNM is meant to be a fun and casual tournament, and anybody being a hardass about T1 in that setting is a poopieface and should probably lighten up.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I don't know how to feel about the Top ban, honestly.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

I hope the MTGO Commander banlist catches on in paper and I hope Sheldon gets really mad about it.

This but they also emergency ban Deadeye Navigator.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I remember the last time we had a 5 mana 4/4 flyer with haste.

Red was good then. People complained.

Coincidence????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

I think the complaints are for limited though.

This is fair. But then, don't most limited formats have Dumb Bomb Rare That Warps Games It Exists In?