Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Smashing Link posted:

Six-digit DCI number-haver here. I think you had to register prior to 2000...I believe it was around '96 for me.

Also six-digits here (Revised through Exodus, yeah which means I left right before Urza block, then back around New Phyrexia). This adds up, because if memory serves I probably did register in 1996.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
If that's not at least Lightning Strike, they're doing a heck of a trolling job there.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Jenx posted:

Come on that's...that's Lightning Bolt. It might end up being an Invocation, sure, but that art is very much Lightning Bolt.

I didn't want to even say it out loud, though, for fear of jinxing the tiny chance of that (in non-Invocation form).

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Angry Grimace posted:

How does that even work? Bolas' touch causes your mind to shatter - it's why making you discard a bunch of poo poo is his signature ability.

That's why she's defeated!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

whydirt posted:

If you spend 44k on a box, you can probably also pay to have it shipped with at least partial insurance, I would think?

Money can't buy brains, apparently.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Entropic posted:

... I guess someone has to balance out Marshall.

He looks like he's running for President of the Condo Board at Del Boca Vista.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Zemyla posted:

It doesn't make sense flavorfully that it's not a combat damage trigger. Shouldn't the boat have to reach land in order to establish a foothold?

The boat does have to "reach land" by surviving combat. This thing works great from a flavor perspective - it's made to establish the beachhead, hence the big butt and not flipping until post-combat.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
People laugh at the minotaurs, but the only time I ever went 4-0 at FNM was with a Minotaur-heavy deck sometime in Theros block.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I pulled a Jester's Cap in my first Ice Age booster and immediately built a deck that let me fish for it and gave it all kinds of recursion with a bunch of cards from Antiquities that brought back artifacts like Reconstruction and Argivian Archaeologist and the first game I played I managed to fire it off over and over until the guy's deck was like 15 basic lands.

Thanks for reading my post, about Jester's Cap.

Jesus that was 22 years ago. I am old, and MTG is an enduring game.

Fellow old person here - my favorite deck of all time that I ever built involved using Browse to filter through the majority of my library and build up a good control hand, then use Soldevi Digger to keep re-using the control elements and Jester's Cap as needed to keep the board clear and gradually destroy their library. It was magnificent.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Torchlighter posted:

I literally just heard that argument from somewhere.

I'm resisting the urge to point out that the person saying this doesn't play at a GP level.

Then at least give into the urge to tell him he's absolutely correct in his proposed solution - he should 100% lock himself away in isolation somewhere forever and never contact any more human beings.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Matsuri posted:

Highlight of the entire time:
My friend had a 2/2 Hand Homunculus on the battlefield from his Handy Dandy Clone Machine, and I had a 6/6 Mother Kangaroo. I played Hammer Helper to gain control of his hand and rolled a 6, making it an 8/2.
He said "god drat it I feel betrayed by my own hand", and I attacked with it.
Right after he accepted it, he was all "...wait, I could just remove my hand and it would die, right?"
I said "well... yes, but you didn't do it in response to me gaining control of it. I control your hand now!".
"gently caress you."

And that's how I smacked my friend for 14, unblocked, with his own hand under my control. :getin:

This is the greatest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

AceClown posted:

no "reserve list" in the bracket, probably a good job or it would be the odds on favourite by a mile.

It's constructively included under either #MTGfinance or Chronicles, though.