Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Is there a thread for eternal brawl, or is it too niche to have people discussing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Beating mono-U on the play is tough. Beating it in the mirror looks almost impossible.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
LSV's got this, easy.

If Ikawa never draws land for the rest of the set. :v:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ikawa drew land.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I like it against both monocolor aggro decks, honestly, though it's particularly soul-crushing when it resolves against mono-blue.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The hat combined with the doomstare is an incredible combo.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Not gonna lie, I thought the planeswalkers thing was something made up by a dude on the internet because it was so over-the-top bad.

There's a chance this isn't terrible though, if WotC has genuinely shifted the acceptable design space for planeswalkers. The 3-mana walkers in current standard are pretty neat and not particularly problematic, for example.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Kamigawa's theme got me back into Magic when I thought I was done with the game, thankfully just in time for the excellence that was Ravnica/Time Spiral. While Kamigawa is far from my favorite set, it has a ton of my favorite cards and art in it. Not surprising to me that people want to give it another go with better mechanical design.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I would play exactly the same way, which is to say I would flip the table rather than having to play monopoly.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If one cannonade isn't enough, Expansion on Fiery Cannonade is a better answer than trying to run Gates Ablaze. Being sorcery speed is agony in a Reclamation deck.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The real format is eternal brawl. :smug:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I was pessimistic, but everything shown so far looks like a positive direction for both planeswalker design and the game's health. Well, unless Proliferate breaks the game in half.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I'm already having nightmares of control decks slamming this on Teferi or Bolas.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
At least Bant flash got something.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Single Combat seems way worse than just casting one of the many, many wrath effects in standard.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Lagomorphic posted:

The existing Wraths don't hit planeswalkers though. That wouldn't be enough to justify the card normally but there's about to be an assload of PWs in standard. I don't think it's a huge upgrade over Nova/Kayas but it could have a place.

That assumes they have multiple planeswalkers out. It could happen in War, but I'd rather just wrath the vast majority of the time.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The game does not need more dual lands right now.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I have never before wanted to back my deck with magic cards, but.... kitty! :3:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
That white cat just looks so fluffy.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Now I desperately want a Spelljammer mtg set.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Saheeli is already my favorite card of the set.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
You know, when people talk about milling someone out as a real win condition in standard, it usually isn't milling yourSELF out. Jace is looking awfully legit though. Not necessarily as a gimmick wincon, but as a card machine that happens to give you an extra out.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Cracker Baron posted:

Arena Pre-Release codes from some kits I opened..
If you use please quote and cross out so people know.

oaR-zHJZ-koQ

zkK-SG6B-GFJ

GvB-ovPp-d2R

Jt6-g2Za-QE4

HJ8-UKrD-iTo

JJK-ZiWf-J4g

7jK-DMp1-EcK

fsU-nLdM-siM

Wrk-Fqoy-RFb

X4e-GgSz-bqU

b17-BQJA-Dmc

29t-wQZm-TJc

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Surprised to see zero Saheeli in those 5-0 decks. Might be just too slow to generate value I guess?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Bell_ posted:

(Furiously tosses Burning Prophets into a brew)

Burning Prophet is better than Kefnet.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm sure that deck was simultaneously invented everywhere roughly the time that Charmed Stray was previewed.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If it had a twitch plugin that let you mouse over the card names then maybe.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I am excited for the Raptor Red deck.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I have a winning record in games involving Command the Dreadhorde.

I have never cast Command the Dreadhorde.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Brb, playing Rotting Regisaur and discarding Arclite Phoenix EoT. :v:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Vintage cube or bust. No, really, I'd look at a vintage cube product but everything else is laughable imo.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I had honest-to-goodness forgotten about Greensleeves.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Mat Cauthon posted:

The Mastery System seems weird? Aside from there being two tracks I don't see how this is an upgrade from the usual weekly bonus thing.

It's an upgrade to WotC's bank account.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

If we are being reductive enough to call boosters "lootboxes", then the problem is MTG, not the Mastery pass. In which case you should lobby constantly to make it a LCG. Good luck with that

Been doing that for twenty years.

I miss the Netrunner LCG at times.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I really like Feather, but Simic flash is a nightmare unless you can get onto the board before the shields go up. You've got a lot of space dedicated to stuff that isn't creatures but relies on creatures, so if they counter your creatures...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

TheKingofSprings posted:

Magic: the Gathering: Faithless Posting

Impressive.