Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Has this week's Idea Channel episode been posted yet? Everybody watch this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Kalli posted:

Can't wait to put Gamergate in my Maze's end deck.
:vince:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
You are never going to see a free sacrifice outlet attached to a bear ever again.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

DangerDongs posted:

I can't wait to have a huge Bane Fi......
Run Temur and curve into the U/G Jellyfish

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

whydirt posted:

Look at this tough guy
Seriously. Maybe you could wait and let people you like get paid by a company that makes a game that you like give previews for a thing that you're probably going to spend money on instead of giving click revenue to Mythic Spoiler for the umpteenth time

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Mmmmmaybe? Tempo very much wants a series of 1/1s as opposed to a 1/1 that keeps getting bigger. Also Amass is super parasitic, so time will tell if the payoff is worth having to jam X many Amass cards into your deck.

Currently my gut says "no, but expect to occasionally get blown up by people trying to force it on ladder".

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

dragon enthusiast posted:

is amass really that parasitic? outside of the set it'd just be your standard "create a 1/1 token" rider
Granted it's still early in spoiler season, but I've yet to see a single card with Amass that's playable in a non-Amass deck.

Maaaaaybe the R 1/1

EDIT: In Constructed. In Limited, yeah, Amass.dec is totally going to be a thing

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 3, 2019

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Anyone else excited for forcing jank in WAR? I'm shoving Cruel Celebrant into B/W Tempo, want to see where Saheeli will fit in Drakes, and am super pumped to cast Quasiduplicate on Gleaming Overseer over and over again.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm not sure if jamming 4x Corpse Knight 4x Cruel Celebrant 4x March of the Multitudes into a magical Christmasland Abzan tokens deck is GOOD, but it sure is fun

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Looting needs to go, it's a lynchpin in too many degenerate strategies.

Bridge is just a badly designed Magic card. When a card's power level is unaffected by increasing it's mana cost by, I dunno let's say 10, it's usually a sign that that card is too good.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Veil Of Summer is the one of the biggest and most satisfying gently caress Yous in the history of Magic and I'm lowkey obsessed with it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Is there any particular reason Embodiment of Agonies treats split cards as a single card when determining unique casting costs? I could sworn it would treat them separately, but MTGArena says differently.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Uh... upstate Kjeldor.

Really. Well, I'm from New Argive and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "steamed hams".

Oh, not in New Argive it's a Krov expression.

...I see.
gently caress you, I just spit out my coffee laughing

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

mandatory lesbian posted:

A four Mana 1/2, what a legend
Jarkeld is the best and I will brook no disagreement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This thread (and Magic players in general) can be kinda bad at distinguishing between strategic breakage and structural breakage when it comes to both game design and whether or not a card should be banned. Banning a card because it results in a play pattern that's too far from what the designers intended is perfectly reasonable.

Banning non-interactive decks out of the format is a thing I'm totally fine with.