Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Nahiri’s spark is still a new Walker spark because of the rivalry they’re doing with Sorin, they’re meant to be roughly equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ripping it into teeny tiny pieces and throwing it on the board?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

I don't disagree, and I'm far more partial to Mortal Kombat and Tekken and the like, but Smash is still discussed in the fighting game thread.

Star Man posted:

gently caress Smash Bros.

fadam posted:

Hey ShaneB, the newest ep of the Dive Down is a banger. Just a correction you might want to make next week, though: your co-host (I’m still learning names, I only know Stanislav and you right now) erroneously called Smash Brothers a competitive fighting game.

If it headlines EVO, it’s a fighting game!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Sean posted:

Your av looks like every maga mass murderer, including no chin

little munchkin posted:

big fan of the alt-right dumbass who spends thousands of dollars on a game where you pretend to be a wizard telling us what games are and aren't for children

Fadam’s a stupid gently caress but he’s not alt-right, both of you eat poo poo and don’t throw out baseless accusations like that against somebody

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

fadam posted:

Whoa buddy, I’m not a stupid gently caress either

Now that one there’s a whole thread of evidence for

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cactrot posted:

Hogaak is banned on Monday, right? Or are they going punt it and ban something else this time?

Aaron Forsythe's twitter post on it points to a ban but Wizards has absolutely done stupider things in the past than not ban a problem rare.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm very curious to read their explanation for how the bridge ban was all that was necessary.

It's a 0 mana token enabler and now that Carrion and Altar are in the format it should absolutely stay banned.

Hogaak is a big problem they ignored, but Bridge needed a critical mass of applicable cards to become way too good way too quickly and it finally reached that point. It should stay banned.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Fadam's posting is poo poo tier like 99 percent of the time but he's 100 percent right about Smash. it's a game made for children and drunk college kids and people who play it competitively have broken brains

And you can see it by the huge variance in both quality and quantity of disgusting behavior Smash "pros" have in public over p much any fighting game

Gaming pros are in general trash people across genre and platform and Smash is not an exception.

But it’s just one dumpster fire among all of them and that’s probably a good thing to remember when you post in a thread where one of the most recent bits of pro news was a loving sex assault charge

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 23, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Smash is much much worse

Like feel free to show me examples of these in any other game:

making GBS threads pants in public at a tourney
loving an underage teenager and then making them throw games
The entire community railing on a teenage girl for daring to win an event

That poo poo is like just this month

Conley Woods got arrested for sex assault, how about we start there?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Or how about we go over the years of transphobia and bullshit comments every time Autumn Burchett plays on camera?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

quick hot takes: Smash is 100% a fighting game. it is also 100% a bad fighting game. For whatever reason, the demographic attracted to it manages to be even more toxic and unsportsmanlike than the already extremely toxic FGC. whats interesting about smash is that theres almost no crossover from players of other fighting games to it.

A pretty big part of that is the fact that, for a long while, fighting games just did not really come to Nintendo Consoles. The N64 was a ghost town, the GameCube had SC2 (which was the best selling edition of the game), Wii had Tatsunoko and little else right when fighting games were entering a new renaissance and lmao Wii U.

Smash was just what you had if you had a Nintendo console. I love fighting games in general though, it's my favorite genre and I'd be playing the poo poo out of Cross Tag right now if my laptop weren't a toaster.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 23, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tainen posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/august-26-2019-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2019-08-26?t

Standard:

Rampaging Ferocidon is unbanned.

Modern:

Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis banned.
Faithless Looting is banned.
Stoneforge Mystic is unbanned.

Vintage:

Karn, the Great Creator is restricted.
Mystic Forge is restricted.
Mental Misstep is restricted.
Golgari Grave-Troll is restricted.
Fastbond is unrestricted.

:getin: :getin: :getin: :getin: :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What a loving sick banned list update

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

congrats to that one guy who wants to hug and kiss sfm, hope the next 6 months are fun until she's banned again

Thank you friend

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Expect people to slap Stoneforge into loving everything for the next 3 weeks and for that to slowly die down

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

More like entomb.

Buried alive wouldn't be good in modern unless the format slows down tremendously.

The format just did slow down tremendously

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

There are still some fast decks in the format. Taking turn 3 off to cast buried alive isn't good enough.

Lava Dart into Manamorphose into Buried Alive probably is, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Time posted:

I liked the format with no hogaak but faithless around. I’ll probably also like this format now that it’s gone because it will be new and exciting for a while. I think sfm is going to have a bigger impact than some people think but the people trying to approximate legacy stoneblade are going to realize how important brainstorming equipment away is.

I also think it will have a high impact but think it will be largely positive. It is a big change for white decks and gives a real incentive to try creature strategies.

I also believe that control decks trying to jam down a Batterskull are going to be wildly disappointed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Taking all bets, what kind of broken equipment did they just print in Eldraine

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Out of all the Looting decks, Phoenix probably loses the least. I'm not saying it hurts, but it isn't as backbreaking compared to the gameplan of Mardu Pyro or Dredge. Thought Scour can work, or maybe you can also play a Bedlam Reveler or 2.

Izzet Charm isn’t completely unreasonable either.

I actually do think Dredge will be fine through this, if nowhere as explosive now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

I don't see how anyone is betting on dredge still being good. What in the world is going to replace looting?

Insolant Neonate, Shriekhorn, cards which already saw play and will still be able to accomplish the same thing if less efficiently.

E: Dredge can use Life From The Loam to recur Peatland for additional Dredges or use cycle lands, they’re not totally dead in the water or anything.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

How many cards in Affinity have Affinity in their textbox

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

Lol at this thread being up in arms about the looting ban when it's done nothing but rage about the fact that it wasn't banned last time.

Every thread is a single person yelling at themselves ad infinitum

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

I'm stoked for people to cut all of their rest in peace and then lose to hardened scales and whirza

As if Stonys aren't getting back the slots they deserve and those decks won't get the poo poo Tronned out of them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Magic: the Gathering: Faithless Posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There’s literally a new thread