Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

The only DCI number worth having is 42069.

How about 69420? Or even just 420 by itself?

EDIT: Also, 80085

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

Commander Banned List Update:

I'm down with banning Leovold, and all UG commanders. Protean Hulk is just another combo piece, and it doesn't do anything Tooth and Nail doesn't already.

Right as I was thinking about a nofun.dec with Leovold

As to Hulk, he costs less than Tooth and Nail, and is easier to cheat into play, and there's the upside of being able to bring three creatures in (Melira, Kitchen Finks, Viscera Seer, for example). I think it's gonna make some waves.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Did they try to gotcha their opponent while doing so? If they did that definitely is the best self-own.

It's a famous-ish story by Cedric Phillips, with his opponent declaring "Esper Charm, targeting myself", Cedric asking him to confirm, then Cedric calling a judge to confirm, his opponent insisting "Esper Charm, targeting myself", and having to resolve it, with the judge present.

Someone probably has the link to it somewhere, I just am on my phone and can't look it up atm

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sickening posted:

I believe that the rules don't even allow this to happen this way anymore thank goodness.

I don't like angling for stuff like that, but Cedric gave ample opportunity to realise it, in my opinion. From his initial confirmation, to calling a judge, etc. Could have just said "if you do that, you'll discard two", but at the same time it's not his job to correct misplays.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sickening posted:

Meanwhile Trick Jarrett has a job, with a company, that pays him for his amazing community management skills.

And now he doesn't have a coworker to clean up his messes after him.

:getin:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

myDad posted:

Blasting Station was also unsearchable for some time

Okay, I can understand Seance and Ęther Vial, they each have characters you can't easily do with a keyboard (I presume that you can manually put in the accented e for Seance and it'd work)

What was wrong with Blasting Station?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

it was a post with rebound

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pontius Pilate posted:

Yes that is a card with rebound.

It's a BURN spell with Rebound.

:downsrim:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Also interesting that DotA is ubiquitous enough for my autocorrect to capitalize the A but ubiquitous isn't recognized as a word.

Guess it's not ubiquitous enough :downsrim:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Subways Jared posted:

I'm looking for some sort of MTG card database that will let me search by a specific ability. Specifically- "pay or do X and return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield" So zombie type like cards i.e. dread wanderer, haunted dead, stitchwing, prized amalgam etc.

I can't find a good MTG card database that will let me search for this ability. Maybe I'm wording it wrong in the search terms, but I've tried a lot of variations. Can someone please tell me how I can locate Standard legal cards with this ability only?

I appreciate the help.

magiccards.info can let you search by text. Not with the EXACT ability, since there's variations on it, but if you include the key words, you should have a good search going.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ShaneB posted:

Rules q: If I got some of those white-bordered perfect fit sleeves, and sleeved only my fetchable lands in them for quicker fetching (while still keeping the others in normal perfect fits), is that legal? I can't imagine it wouldn't be because you can't tell from the back

If the total thickness is different, it's considered marked cards, so it would be illegal. But I imagine that white perfect fits and clear perfect fits would be fine, thickness wise.
To check for yourself, if you have whites on hand, try doing that and seeing if you can shuffle a specific card or three to the top, or even shuffling one among 4-5 cards, and seeing if you can tell which one it is.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah MaRo, it's almost as if most recent changes have been proven to be bad, just as the playerbase thought when they were first announced, as evidenced by you changing stuff back (Core Sets) or just going all the way with the fix (blocks)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

Some of the changes like doing shorter blocks were worth a shot but yeah they turned too many other knobs at the same time.

Yeah shorter blocks was definitely a thing I was interested in, hence "going all in with the fix".

I just really don't like this "blaming the fans" approach to stuff, tbh.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I never thought I'd say this but...

That's an announcement I pretty much like. Curious about the new Masters set. And I've got a gut feeling that we're gonna see some great looking lands in Unstable

Joke option: Abolish the reserved list.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Who needs Hour of Devastation spoilers when you could get some Ixalan spoilers

1-loyalty walker, some sort of "target player draws 7 cards", Gold tokens, checklands, 2-mana Pithing Needle-ish, interesting-looking enchantment, Coat of Arms-ish, and Looter il-Kor?

That black card to the side is a mythic, right?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Is Trick Jarrett still around to yell at the community for WOTC's leak problem?

And this time he doesn't have Helene Bergeot around to fix his bungled statement

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh hey it's another Tooth and Nail for Kiki+Conscripts in commander.

It only gets them to the hand, not into play.

Still definitely a Commander card I'd say

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cactrot posted:

Running to the front of the line and cutting everyone else is definitely a red thing imo.

U R/B
Instant
Split Second
Resolve Target Spell or Ability

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

That new guy that prevents -1/-1 counters works with this, I think. Could be sweet?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Retromancer posted:

Imagine having a job so dull that you write poo poo like this.

They do that poo poo for DnD as well.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

I don't think there's been a single Gideon in 1000 years

There's a Gideon in a Greek pro wrestling promotion actually, his gimmick is that he's an accountant.

No idea if that's his real name, but I doubt he got it from Magic so there's that.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Wait, so you can't have negative life?

You can, but it doesn't make Death's Shadow any bigger.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PleasantDirge posted:

Who was it that did that crazy good write up of the wwf tcg that sunk itself with super rare tournament promos that wrecked the meta and were hundreds of dollars a pop as a result? That was good times :allears:

triple sulk posted:

I want to read this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447461

I think it might be in this thread. No idea who or where it was though

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fadam posted:

Very hosed up of WotC to include a "funny" comment that shows community enthusiasm on one of their slides.

This is from a while back, but from what I know of that guy, and the tumblr MtG community in general, that comment is 100% unironic.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

odiv posted:

Maybe I'm stupid, but how is that infinite mana?

Tap for UUU, pay U to blink, repeat

You're not stupid though, since a) no haste and b) comes back at the end of turn, not immediately.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

The last clause reads, "You may activate each of those abilities only once each turn."

They're going to have to deliver a ruling on that, since it's not clear if you can use them again after blinking him, or if the "once per turn" is applied to the exiled cards

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

it's a 7 mana doran, the siege tower

doran is a fine man but I'm not sure why he needs to cost 7

Doranosaur

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I haven't played Eternal in months and this talk is gonna make me get back to it, and maybe start checking my own thread again

Count Bleck posted:

"Magic Digital Next" and "Amaz" worries me far too much.

Who is Amaz, and why does the name seem familiar?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

Yes, come back! The OP is way out of date.

Amaz is a streamer that mostly plays Hearthstone but occasionally plays MTG and got the "Celebrity Invite" to the last Pro Tour, made day 2 and went 8-6-2 overall. People act like shrieking idiots about him because they don't realise that having someone with hundreds of thousands of followers stream Magic is good for the game.

Gonna make a post now, and pick changes up in the morning then, hope you folks have some direction for the OP.

Ah that's where I'd heard him from. No surprise on the shrieking idiots part either, thanks.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I love this even though I know it's less good than I want it to be.

Can Draw-Go be a thing yet?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Spotted on Tumblr. Anyone know if it's legit? Doesn't seem shabby at all, big mana definitely looks like a thing in Ixalan

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

odiv posted:

Why isn't Chart a Course "unless you played a land"? I mean for power level reasons, yes, but flavour-wise, come on.

With a creature it can work too, I think. Creature attacking, venturing into the unknown to chart a course for it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

4+ mana counters rarely see play.

:colbert:

(Yeah I know, you rarely if ever pay 5 mana for FoW, but I couldn't resist the cheap pop)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That iconic card, Tavern Swindler.

I thought they had a rule against doing cards based on themselves :rimshot:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I like this to be honest. Doesn't put them down on mana, but it also doesn't put YOU down on mana, so you can use it to cut off colours.

Not sure how GOOD it is, but I still like the idea

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Also getting right the gently caress into Titania (French) EDH, nuke my own land for nothing but value?

It specifies "Land an opponent controls", I believe.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Just remember it's exactly hearthstone but with a magic rules engine and card set and every statement they've made about it makes perfect sense.

Yeah, Eternal is a pretty decent game, you don't have to imagine all that much.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

odiv posted:

They put Lili in instead of Jace for gender reasons. Open your eyes! WOTC is slowly caving to the SJWs and replacisdfkjsdfljdsff

I can't finish that, bleh.

SJWotC

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This kinda thing makes me wish for so much more digital stuff. Eternal has a card that says "When you draw ~, draw a random card", and by random they mean "random card from the game's entire card pool".

Wizards please branch out this thing would own. Give us a thing in a game where we play as Sliver Queen/Overlord/Hivelord/Whatever and we get a free random Sliver every turn. Will it be Megantic Sliver into Fury Sliver, or will it be Metallic into Mindlash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

Hearthstone already exists.

So does Eternal, and it's actually pretty fun.

That was my point. Eternal (and hey, why not Hearthstone) are doing cool stuff with stuff that Magic can't do, and even Magic has shown that it can do fun stuff with itself too (Momir, Unstable, etc), so it's a random urge for them to take further advantage of the digital format that they're already investing some money into.