Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Yawgmoth posted:

Call me a dumb stupid idiot but this seems really good.

It’s a fine limited card, but it is outclassed by this for anything constructed related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Ultima66 posted:

If I Goatnap a Shadowmage Infiltrator, does it get +3/+0?

*slow clap*

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Mezzanon posted:

So the pendlehaven effects it’s base power and toughness then? Okay. I am bad at layers and poo poo

Afaik, this has nothing to do with layers, just how abilities check conditions as they resolve.

edit: but maybe I'm wrong!

whydirt fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 31, 2019

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

President Ark posted:

huh, i was like 99% sure we'd see a snow mana dork, but the closest thing we got is that green snow untapper dude

Boreal Druid already exists

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

That’s a flavor fail. The uncommon Novice Pyromancer should be the one that makes elemental tokens based on precedent.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

It’s almost like snow is a dumb mechanic

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sickening posted:

Aw yes, the spikes for a dollar are exactly what we are talking about.

Even if you value your free time at only minimum wage, it doesn’t take much time spent sorting, storing, etc for it to not be worth the hassle of hitting the mtgfinance lottery with big spikes.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Nice to see Thragtusk back in Standard

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sampatrick posted:

That card is so much worse than Thragtusk lmao

You’re not totally wrong. It is harder to cast than OG Thragtusk due to the double green.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

My guess for the uncommon protection cycle is that it’s seeding a safety valve against future devotion decks in Return to Theros next year.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sickening posted:

Remember when protection was never coming back? They have went back on about every statement like this. Stop taking this stuff as gospel, especially if it comes from Maro.

Maro never said that though

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Why not just bring back Extended as the name, even if it’s slightly different this time by being non-rotating?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

“Premium”

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I mean, I think that is the proxy

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

3D pie charts are the mismatched white border lands of data visualization

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Since Magic came first, all the random mtx in other games should be called booster packs :colbert:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Jet fuel can’t melt Master of Waves

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Real MtG cards have no inherent monetary value either

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I figured most stores would love giving out store credit since it’s effectively a 0% interest loan that you sometimes don’t have to pay back because the customer never comes to redeem it. But maybe there’s some trickery in small business accounting I’m overlooking.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Star Magic and Emperor are the only good multiplayer formats; don’t @ me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

It makes sense to center the courts on single colors since we just came off of three sets of Ravnica and guild stuff.