Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It was the fallout of Affinity running hog wild on all formats and Kamigawa having parasitic mechanics and low power along with a flavor that was... not what people were expecting.

Everyone expected Rurouni Kenshin, but we got Oops! All Shinto! instead :v:

also gently caress ravnica, bring back Rath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Some days, you're glad that you hoarded Armadillo Cloaks during Invasion block.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Playmats are for losers

420 play unsleeved and riffle shuffle your deck on your bedroom floor every day

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Re: Chainwhirler

Reprint Spidersilk Armor in Standard.

bing bong problem solved

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Why, hello there.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

PJOmega posted:

That's a spicy addition to my peasant wizards deck.

I'm dropping 4 of them into my pauper RDW, in place of Flame Burst. Essentially a 2 CMC, 2 damage sorcery to the dome that leaves a 2/1 creature behind is magnificent, even if it can't target creatures.

edit: also Banding is simple as hell: Banding creatures' controller chooses how incoming damage to the banded creatures gets distributed. There, I just demystified an archaic mechanic in 13 words.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bring back Lairs

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I just put this together for funsies, how does it look? Hopefully it'll get some gas with Re:Re:FWD:Re:Ravnica, what with Selesnya and Golgari being featured, so it might become competitive?? (probably not)

Deck: MAROGEDDON 2: THE LEGEND OF CURLY'S GOLD

//Lands
4 Evolving Wilds
10 Forest
4 Sunpetal Grove
2 Tranquil Expanse

//Enchantments
4 Fall of the Thran

//Instants
4 Root Snare

//Sorceries
4 Adventurous Impulse
4 Commune with Dinosaurs
4 Scapeshift

//Creatures
4 Druid of the Cowl
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Ranging Raptors
4 Steel Leaf Champion

//Sideboard
4 Broken Bond
4 Carnage Tyrant
4 Rabid Bite
3 Silent Gravestone

Display deck statistics

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Angry Grimace posted:

Multani's problem is that everything relevant kills it completely dead. It has a recursion ability that isn't even good because for whatever reason they printed Scarab God and Hazoret so removal that doesn't exile is super bad.

That's why Carnage Tyrant is in the sideboard

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

WoTC just needs to nut the gently caress up and reprint Dark Ritual, Lightning Bolt and Counterspell in Standard.

and Lotus Petal

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

dinosaurs are cool

Deck: Ian Malcolm Was Right

//Lands
2 Clifftop Retreat
2 Field of Ruin
6 Forest
5 Mountain
3 Rootbound Crag
2 Sunpetal Grove

//Artifacts
4 Manalith

//Instants
3 Crash the Ramparts

//Sorceries
4 Commune with Dinosaurs
3 Rabid Bite
4 Thud

//Planeswalkers
3 Huatli, Warrior Poet

//Creatures
4 Drover of the Mighty
1 Ghalta, Primal Hunger
3 Gigantosaurus
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Raptor Hatchling
4 Wayward Swordtooth

Display deck statistics

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm a filthy casual, so this is just a dumb fun jank deck. Plus i'm trying to stay away from cards that are being rotated out, but i'd throw in Fling and drop Rabid Bite if I was trying to go for something more competitive. Regisaur Alpha is getting subbed in for Huatli, though. I realized that her free dinosaur per turn isn't really worth taking up a 5-slot when the Alpha gives a free dino but also gives every other dino Haste for the same cost, and without needing to provide a third color to enable Huatli.

Also Gigantosaur's CC is basically a non-factor in a deck with 8 dorks and 4 stones. He can pop out on turn 3 at the earliest, turn 4 on average.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hellsau posted:

You're playing 11 lands that tap for green out of 20 total lands. Your poo poo isn't getting cast. Also, it's WAY easier to cast Ghalta than it is to cast Gigantosaurus. Just jam 4 Ghalta 4 Flings and go to town.

Attack with Ghalta, cast a second Ghalta, Fling with Ghalta on the stack actually sounds sick.

Ok yeah, that does sound sick as hell

Deck: Ian Malcolm Was Right

//Lands
2 Field of Ruin
8 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Rootbound Crag

//Artifacts
3 Cultivator's Caravan

//Instants
3 Crash the Ramparts
4 Fling

//Sorceries
4 Commune with Dinosaurs
4 Thud

//Creatures
4 Drover of the Mighty
4 Ghalta, Primal Hunger
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Raptor Hatchling
3 Regisaur Alpha
4 Wayward Swordtooth

Display deck statistics

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean the problem with Liliana’s Contract is how often do you have four differently named creatures on the battlefield but you aren’t handily winning? Much less Demons.

You don't actually use Demons :getin:

https://magiccards.info/mma/en/53.html
https://magiccards.info/pds/en/3.html
https://magiccards.info/aer/en/164.html
https://magiccards.info/lw/en/85.html
https://magiccards.info/lw/en/140.html

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Matsuri posted:

Also semi-related: I recently learned about a format called Rainbow Stairwell. Your 60-card deck must have 6 cards going up from CMC 1-6 for each color (ex: W, 1W, 2W, 3W, 4W, 5W; no multicolor spells, though hybrid mana is okay as long as it counts for ONLY one of your spells in the other color columns) and 6 colorless spells/artifacts (which I assume also must be consecutively costed?), the rest being lands. It is a singleton format too, so no duplicate colorless spells. X spells are also illegal.

It's kind of intriguing to consider what you'd put in a deck like that given the constraints and still have something fairly synergistic.

Sounds like it should just be called Affinity Singleton, since what the hell else would work with a 5C spread like that? :v:

edit: maybe Slivers?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Matsuri posted:

I was thinking Bogles or something myself.

Goblins might work too, now that I think about it.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I threw together a Rainbow Stairwell Goblins list as a thought exercise. What a strange format.

Deck: Rainbow Stairwell Goblins

//Land
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
1 Blood Crypt
1 Breeding Pool
1 City of Brass
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Mana Confluence
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Plateau
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Savannah
1 Scrubland
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground
1 Taiga
1 Temple Garden
1 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island
1 Watery Grave

//Black
1 Boggart Mob
1 Earwig Squad
1 Frogtosser Banneret
1 Knucklebone Witch
1 Kokusho, the Evening Star
1 Mad Auntie

//Red
1 Goblin Chieftain
1 Goblin Lackey
1 Krenko, Mob Boss
1 Ryusei, the Falling Star
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Warren Instigator

//Green
1 Boartusk Liege
1 Jugan, the Rising Star
1 Scuzzback Marauders
1 Tattermunge Duo
1 Tattermunge Maniac
1 Vexing Shusher

//White
1 Boros Recruit
1 Dictate of Heliod
1 Hearthfire Hobgoblin
1 Kismet
1 Shared Triumph
1 Yosei, the Morning Star

//Blue
1 Dissipation Field
1 Keiga, the Tide Star
1 Kindred Discovery
1 Military Intelligence
1 Propaganda
1 Stream Hopper

//Colorless
1 Door of Destinies
1 Meekstone
1 Obelisk of Urd
1 Urza's Incubator
1 Vanquisher's Banner
1 Winter Orb

Display deck statistics

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

mossyfisk posted:

just lol if you don't present your opponent with a sealed box and ask "alive or dead?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0OqbSWDM4Y&t=249s

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I don't know why anyone bothers with post-6th edition printings of Llanowar Elves because the artwork is always trash in comparison to The Legit Best Piece Of Magic Art Ever

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I've been brewing up more mono-green rotation-ready jank, because I just can't stop trying to make fetch happen.

Deck: BOGLEHORSE STOMPY

//Lands
22 Forest

//Spells
4 Blanchwood Armor
2 Shapers' Sanctuary
3 Song of Freyalise
4 Talons of Wildwood
3 Titanic Growth

//Creatures
3 Druid of the Cowl
3 Gigantosaurus
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Old-Growth Dryads
4 Steel Leaf Champion
4 Vine Mare

//Sideboard
4 Broken Bond
3 Enter the Unknown
4 Rabid Bite
4 Sentinel Totem

Display deck statistics

Thoughts?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Lone Goat posted:

this applies only for the cards that are NEW in commander, but otherwise correct (and Common = all decks)

also, here check out a BIG BUG

That is loving adorable :3:

Also a reference to The Timmiest old-school beefboi that isn't Force of Nature:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I think I finally found a use for Hunted Troll

edit: goddamn it, never mind. Unsealing triggers when a creature is cast, not on ETB.

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 26, 2018

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

rabidsquid posted:

they're turning D&D into an esport, that shows they know what their products are and what esports are and that they understand that this is just free money

Finally, XCRAWL is real

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I actually won with the Mechanized Production alt win con on a Fountain of Renewal vs B/R Pirates on MTGA yesterday, it was hilarious :v:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Play some rounds of Brewer's Bash, one of the reward packs is a bunch of staples for Cats.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I think we can all agree that NWO was a mistake and maro is kind of a dummy

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I like black because taking people's toys away is fun, especially when you take them right out of their hands

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Snoop Dogg, Gunpla Enthusiast

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ahahahaha, apparently professional greaseball/owner of the wispiest bitch beard in history Jeremy Hambly/UnsleevedMedia got his poo poo pushed in at GenCon

Liquid Communism posted:

So in TG industry news, a gamergater apparently got roughed up at a bar at GenCon for spouting off his nonsense in person. For values of 'roughed up' equal to losing a button on his favorite shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yst30wdSzQ&t=1s

This gets into industrychat because said chud is apparently naming Matt Fantastic (designer of Expancity) as the guy who 'attacked' him and is currently trying to get his crowd of gamergaters and alt-knights to harass the GenCon livestream until they kick him out of the con.

Taking a look at this rear end in a top hat's YouTube channel I have to assume this was his plan in coming to the con at all.

:lol:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bringing back Extended as Origins/BFZ block+ would be a great idea, since Modern is pretty expensive and it wouldn't have KCI or Tron :v

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tim Raines IRL posted:

my impulse would be to jam ~26 lands and a bunch of 2/4/6 drops, I wonder what the format is like.

It's super fun, a lot of expensive jank is actually decent when you have 5-6 lands on turn 3. Vampire Sovereign has been a superstar in my thrown-together mono black aggro deck.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Good to see stompy getting even more bullshit to go along with steel leaf, vine made and ghalta.

Also ban aether vial in modern

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Matsuri posted:

The article mentions "people banned for bullying". No doubt Germy Hamstring is implied.

You disrespectful prick. His name is Jumbo Hambeast.

Jeez.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bring back Buyback and Delirium, tia wotc

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

How about cards that can begin the game already in your graveyard?

Graveborn X (You may begin the game with this card in your graveyard. If you do, your starting life total is reduced by X.)

look at me, i'm R&D

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

jmzero posted:

Well - that's the way to win on Arena now. If you can play a deck that basically functions while having very few redemption targets, you get matched against a bunch of "terrible versions of staple decks" and "garbage fires that include a few staple cards", and you win.

I love ruining days with my now-mostly-blinged-out Turbo Fog deck, but I'm quite sure my win rate is higher with "Black 1 Drop.dec" (which I built just to quickly pass 'cast 30 black spells' quests) or Banefire Elves.... and it's not because those are better decks.

If you really just want to win Arena Freeplay, the best deck is probably a very-out-of-favor older deck - like, Dynavolt Tower or something. B- power level, but shares very few rares with current popular decks.

Agreed. I've been having a blast with my mono-G Mushroom Tribal deck, since I mostly get paired up against B/G Constrictor, W/G Cats, U/G Merfolk and janky R/G Dinosaurs or Dragons decks.

Deck: SHROOOM!

Creatures
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Wildgrowth Walker
4 Sporecrown Thallid
2 Vine Mare
4 Yavimaya Sapherd
4 Tendershoot Dryad

Instants
4 Spore Swarm

Sorceries
4 Saproling Migration

Enchantments
2 Fungal Plots
3 Song of Freyalise
3 Path of Discovery

Lands
23 Forest

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah thats definitely a third set thing

TBH, given Maro's comments about shoving all ten guilds into one set being a failure, I fully expect them to do tricolor stuff in the third set as a way to neatly sidestep that particular problem

I'd be happy if they did that, but only if we got a completed cycle of functional reprints of the Invasion block Dragon's Lairs, the best tri-lands.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Return to Return to Return to Ravnica in 2022 will be Ravnica vs. Alara vs. Tarkir: Multicolor Mayhem

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I hope that the entire loving boring rear end Gatewatch/Superfriends crew and Bolas all die together, Karn tries to blow up New Phyrexia and dies, his spark reignites the Weatherlight's planeshift ability and we get the adventures of Jhoira and the new Weatherlight crew for a few sets.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That Teferi is gonna be like $400 on the secondary market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ilmucche posted:

Bring back urza-era squirrel decks with a squirrel planeswalker

I stuck Chatter of the Squirrel and Acorn Harvest into my peasant cube and I regret nothing