Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Just posting to post in the new post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
please don't sully this thread with edh talk already

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Two $10 msrp masters sets in a year. These things must rake it in.

Imagine if they had the balls to say gently caress the reserved list. They'd make boatloads

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Count Bleck posted:

I just want it to have reserved list cards so I can watch the "investors" shriek their heads off on reddit.

all 6 of them?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Star Man posted:

I have met a single person in my nine years of the game that would be angry if the reserved list was eliminated. This same person complained that Tarmogoyf is overprinted.

There is not many if any of those grognards left. They sold out of their collections years ago

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Cross-posted with the buy/sell thread: If anyone here is in the San Francisco or San Jose area, keep your ears open for someone who got their collection stolen, as it's up for sale here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/6095940211.html

I'd pay half of what it's worth.

Talk about pure profit

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Count Bleck posted:

It didn't bring staples down enough so people are in fact not happy.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
frank lepore is a herb rear end bitch

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Sweet, TurboFog reigns supreme. Bring on all the Vehicles and Saheeli decks

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
kinda curious what skullmund.com is about

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

I clicked on it and tried to figure it out but got bored after 10 seconds. As long as it's not a doxx i don't care.

what kind of other terrible poo poo do you post that people continually make lovely avatars for you

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Well gently caress... so much for all the cash I dropped on Miracles.

lol owned you netdecking noob

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Why in the gently caress is Thorn of the Black Rose a $12.00 card on MODO. Palace Sentinels $4.60?!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Elyv posted:

I don't play modo but you can only open them from treasure chests I think

So is Queen Marchesa who is a Mythic (also used for Commander) and she's only 6 dollars

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Saheeli is beatable stop whining

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's more that Saheeli decks are made up of pieces of other decks. You've got energy creators for Aetherworks marvel, you might play a few Gearhulks, and then you have the more controlling cards to draw the game out. If the cat got banned, Saheeli players would have a decent start on other decks in the format.

e:

Standard is like a pool filled with turds right now. Some of us would like to go swimming again at some point and telling us to just swim around them instead of whining that they aren't getting cleaned out doesn't change the fact that there are turds in the pool.

You're whining about a deck that is beatable. There is more to standard than Vehicles, Temur Tower and 4C Saheeli.......and those decks can beat these 3.

The whining is unmerited really, that's all.

AlternateNu posted:

Protean Hulk is already a $20 card. loving lol

EDH players gonna EDH

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

"Beatable" is such a dumb metric that is barely worth responding to. Your weirdo FNM meta is irrelevant.

You're wrong

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Star Man posted:

Combat Celebrant x4
Harsh Mentor x4
Glory-Bound Initiate x4
Glorybringer x4
Aven Mindcensor x4

Basically, I'm hoping that Always Watching helps enable some exerted shenanigans.

I'm excited to see the 1-2 drop aggro deck again

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Alris posted:

In a world without a banlist, what would the most disgustingly brutal Modern deck look like?

A fun format

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
MTGS is a great forum full of good posts

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Siivola posted:

Temur Tower. Show those haters wrong! :v:

Even more comedy option: 80s James Hetfield's turbofog.

It's really just a fun deck that can hang with the Tier 1 poo poo because nobody expects it or has sideboard answers for it.

Haze of Pollen from AKH takes the spot of Encircling Fissure now.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Xaerael posted:

Is there anything other than Pithing needle and uncounterable removal that can deal with Modern Ad Nauseum in mono red? Because I'm at a loss how to deal with this poo poo without counterspells or hand disruption.

Specifically 8 whack.

The problem is your playing a goofy SaffronOlive that only works online in queues where he matches up against random people.

He never actually plays any of those against the odds or budget magic decks in tournament rooms.

People bring his standard/modern decks all the time to FNM and wonder why they don't work like they do in his videos

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Cactrot posted:

Mr.Turbofog is right, you have to bring a deck that is tested in the meta to have a chance. Take your funhaving, nonsense budget deck somewhere else.

It wasn't intended to be a slam but it's pretty true. I was speaking more to the point of people that bring his decks to events and wonder why they don't do well against many of the "known decks"

Sorry to have misconstrued that, I even tried his one Modern UW Draw/Mill deck from like last summer but the second someone drops a chalice on 1 you lose and there is no way around it so it was pointless to keep playing it

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
That story on the website reads like it was written by some 19 year old writing fan fiction.

I can't believe that actually publish that poo poo as canon

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A big flaming stink posted:

also mcmagic please stop being right in the trump thread, its wrecking my worldview to see you as the rational side of the argument for pages and pages.

mcmagic was........right?!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ShaneB posted:

Netdeck. Just netdeck.

Don't listen to this bad advice.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ShaneB posted:

Best advice.

I'm not gonna tell someone to buy some boxes and make decks from the cards they open. I'm not sure how else people end up making fun decks starting from zero.

So you'd rather have new players be boring and unoriginal and miss out on cards they might end up loving and enjoy playing because someone pointed them to buy a tournament winning deck that 900 other people also play?

Feel bad man if you're jamming casual with friends. If someone ever wants to get serious about actual PTQ's and poo poo then I'd point them to all the dumb "netdecks" once they get a foothold in how the game actually works

TheChirurgeon posted:

Some advice for beginners when it comes to building casual decks and building a collection:
- Beginners always overvalue life gain. Gaining life is usually not that important in most games, so don't waste your time with cards where all they do is gain life

Haha, this was my first pitfall of the game.

"Who cares about drawing a card when Angel's Grace gives me 7 life!!!!"

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

DigitalMocking posted:

Hi friends!

I've played magic off and on over the years, recently getting back into it during Fate Reforged era, so I've got a couple of thousand cards from that time frame.

Recently my 12 year old has picked the game up and his birthday is coming up and I'd like to buy him a booster box, but I have no idea which one to get. The deck we bought him was one of those pre-mades Red/White with Chandra Pyrogenius and a bunch of artifact vehicles, but I'm not sure what expansion that is.

Suggestions?

edit: I realize buying singles is better etc, but I think opening a bunch of boosters is a more fun birthday present.

Also, people in the SA-Mart thread sometimes sell a shitload of bulk cards (not so sure about bulk or less than bulk rares) at a very reasonable price.

I'm sure someone here could help you out with that. You could get a bunch of cards sorted by color, sift through and see what you find enjoyable and make a bunch of 60 card casual decks.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Haha, these are actual MTGO people

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Soviet Canuckistan posted:

I'm curious about this - I was planning to replace Repel the Abominable with it in my build, since Repel is pretty bad against the various humans in Mardu Vehicles as well as the random humans (Rogue Refiner) in 4C Copycat.

Have you tested Approach of the Second Sun in the deck? It might be too slow/clunky, but if there's a deck that can use it turbofog is probably it.

I was actually planning to keep Repel and get rid of Encircling Fissure

Repel is 2 mana and is so great again Pummeler which is popular in my meta (probably will be even more so with Fling now)

Pollen at 2 mana is just a better Fog than Fissure over all. Plus the Cycling. I wouldn't mess with AoSS right now at this point personally

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

I've been in MTGO games where playing an plasm capture resulted in me being called an rear end in a top hat and followed by a concession

What can you play in legacy that doesnt have PW, Discard, Counters, Mill?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Rinkles posted:

Yes. This is what the board eventually looked like

You I want this decklist bad. Is there a video of this match?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

cheetah7071 posted:

Was wizards ever good at making sets or was the perceived goodness just a combination of the pre-internet world and dumb luck?

I know it's impossible but I would like if a set just came out with no spoilers leading up to it and everyone find out that day what's in the set by what's in the pre-release packs

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

araeris posted:

I was in the midst of sleeving up a turbofog deck when I heard the news.

What gimmick deck am I gonna play now?

EVERYONE PLAY TURBO FOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Is he actually in competitive queues or is he still doing the random lobby games?

Hell only does random queues

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Can someone with the shared premium account post the UG Crush decklist. This was a fun deck to play a few sets ago and I want to see what they were able to do with card updates

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/34976_Todd-VS-Majors-UG-Crush-VS-Saheeli-Reanimator.html

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Thanks, this looks interesting

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

YeehawMcKickass posted:

That actually looks like fun to play.

Yeah, with a few edits I might give this a spin. I think 4 Censor's is a must and I'm not sure if you really want the extra turn cards

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Watch then shoe-horn some holy trinity bullshit like Elspeth, the Risen, her father who was the dude that did the original WOG, and some spirit god that my limited Catholic knowledge prevents me from detailing.

Get Konda in there somehow.

Konda loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

black potus posted:

Bob Huang says DRS should be out the Legacy door next and honestly I agree now that top is gone.

No counters, mill, planeswalkers, discard or netdecks