Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Whoops, looks like a new set name accidentally leaked.

http://twitter.com/MishrasFotoshop/status/854845797409714177

Normally I wouldn't give this much thrift, but:

http://twitter.com/MishrasFotoshop/status/854849759483273216

If you put anything other than iconic-masters at the end of that url, it just gives you the normal products page. Iconic-masters exists and is explicitly blocked to the outside world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

tqilamknbrd posted:

Newbie here, this weekends prerelease will be my first time playing magic and hopefully not my last. Aside from actually going down to a local store and playing I've been doing all I can to get a grasp of the game. CFB gave Slither Blade a 0 but a 1 mana 1/2 that can't be blocked seems useful to me?

It just doesn't do enough to justify a spot in your deck. Pinging your opponent for 1 each turn isn't impactful.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

tqilamknbrd posted:

Fair enough, thanks all.

So the same apply to Sacred Cat, regardless of picking up Regal Caracal? *Or is that a different story because of lifelink and embalm?

Same applies really - Sacred Cat is only going to chump block twice.

Regal Caracal just makes it a 2/2 lifelinker; double lifelink doesn't stack.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well, I was thinking of getting out of constructed Magic and having my Legacy deck banned confirms it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Counterbalance and top are the only expensive cards in miracles that got owned by Top's ban. A Force is a Force regardless of list.

Yeah, it's pretty much legacystaples.dec

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ThePeavstenator posted:

I started playing in Khans block and it owned so yes.

Jeskai Tokens, we've not seen your kind since :love:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I love reading the salty comments of people pissed off that the lynchpin of their deck got banned and how it hurts their confidence in wizards. Guess the gently caress what you poo poo stain? Your rear end counts for about negative one billion percent compared to a casual FNM player who shows up and buys packs to have fun.

Cat combo was only fun when you were in a position to utterly ruin that turn with a Kozilek's Return or something along those lines.

Yeah, I mean competitive players never buy packs through paying like $20 for PPTQ entry, most of which goes on prizing (in packs) and the rest on paying a judge (in packs).

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I mean, I stand by what I said. I don't even play bloody Standard but it's pretty clear WotC haven't got a clue.

mcmagic posted:

That douche will keep buying packs like they always do.

My collection is currently at my LGS being sold - I'd decided to get out a week or two ago, then my Legacy deck got banned :v:

Buying packs seems pretty unlikely

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

TBH the Top ban is the best choice they've made since the last time they banned Top.

Are card games a zero-sum game where your fun must come exclusively from draining others of their fun?

I usually play absolute nonsense combo decks - I've played Madcap Experiment in Modern! In retrospect I'm not quite sure why I targeted Miracles to play in Legacy but I did have fun with it :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jenx posted:

I guess the good thing to come out of this, is that it will stop people from bitching about Standard for at least a short while.

Hopefully, we'll see how it shakes out. It surely can't be any worse?

(watch as it gets worse somehow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

It's like a million judges cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced