Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mattah posted:

Have we mentioned Draftsim in here yet? Because it's pretty cool.

http://draftsim.com/draft.php?mode=Sealed_AKH

I just did 5 quick sealed pools with this and it gave me Boros every time with the AutoBuild option...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

quote:

Iconic Masters offers players a tour through some of the most powerful cards in over 23 years of Magic history.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/iconic-masters

So either the first 2 years is excluded and no chance of reserved list cards or reserve list cards are there and shitbox standard stuff is not in it.

I can't decide which is more likely

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Rinkles posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/iconic-masters

No set symbol... because it's actually a stylized black lotus??!?

Let's be honest, there is no card more "iconic" than the lotus

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Shivan Dragons for EVERYONE!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Those 3 "holes" and the angel that kinda looks like Emmy are going to be the 3 titans as depicted by those statues on that one card aren't they

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Elyv posted:

Last week they basically said that there are 3 missing Gods on amonkhet so it's probably those

Yeah these ones

No idea how they will bring them back or tie all that up but I would not for one second be surprised if WotC did a stupid thing and brought eldrazi in to Hour

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Look I'm not saying that I want eldrazi back and I'm not saying that they will be back, but wizards having "3 missing gods" and Nissa saying the one she spoke with felt like Emrakaul, and wizards trying to push a half arsed story line with recurring things almost fits too well.

I don't think that Wizards would bring them back this soon, but it wouldn't be too bad to have a nod to them on every plane here on out if only to drive home the fact that they're almost omnipotent and have a presence on every plane.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

If you want to see SaffronOlive play that gideon deck in an actual comp league he's streaming it now

https://www.twitch.tv/mtggoldfish

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

https://www.twitch.tv/scgtour

First post cat ban tourny starting now pals, should be interesting.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

First match at SCG is Mardu V's B/W control with Approach as win-con

Edit: Meant U/W, sorry

AceClown fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 29, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

*clicks on bookmark so hard his finger breaks*

Approach takes game 1!!!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Boooooo thought we might see something special there

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

out of all the bullshit that surrounds this idiot game we all play ragging on some dude who drops in like once a month to promote his OC seems like a stretch tbh

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

80s James Hetfield posted:

Hot take one day and 1 hour after watching the SCG Open

New standard is going to stale as real quick with Vehicles, GB, U/X/X Gearhulk control

Boros humans is 9-1 so it's not all bad

Plus the cat ban came in really too late for the Atlanta tour, I imagine that every player on cat-combo had to just throw together what works with minimal testing.

AceClown fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 30, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I wonder if there's a place for "From Under the Floorboards" maybe as a 1 or 2 of in a zombie deck, always hoped it would see something.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So I had time to look around at my parents house today. Hypothetically speaking, what would you recommend someone do with 13 Revised dual lands in NM/M condition?

Do you want to play magic? If so which format?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

DangerDongs posted:

If you want to play Legacy or Commander keep them. If not, sell them to buy into Modern. Do not trade or sell non standard cards for standard cards.

This, if it were me I'd buy in to a couple of modern decks but deffo don't trade/sell in to standard.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Deleter posted:

What's the best way for me and a buddy to do a sealed draft for Ahmonkhet? I'm guessing "buy a fuckload of boosters" isn't a very effective way to do it. Where do I source Lands from?

Just get a fatpack each, you get 10 boosters and a pack of land

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

bigperm posted:

the fact that it costs the same as paper (for drafts and stuff at least) irks the poo poo out of me.

Same

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I know poo poo all about EDH and the format seems awful to me but I find it great how a commander who specifically references the command zone and looks to be designed for EDH is banned.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Also lol at this poo poo

quote:

1v1 Commander Friendly League

Entry Options:

8 Event Tickets
80 Play Points
Structure: Up to 5 matches, played at your convenience

Prizes:

5 wins: 80 Play Points + 8 Treasure Chests
4 wins: 80 Play Points + 4 Treasure Chests
3 wins: 80 Play Points + 1 Treasure Chest
2 wins: 40 Play Points
1 win: 20 Play Points
0 wins: 10 Play Points

Pay 8 bucks to enter, play your face off and 5-0 the event and win your entry back and some worthless packs, great, thanks Obama WotC

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Each pack is worth about 2.5 tickets sold to a bot.

Ahh sorry I didn't realise they have pack value, I just see streamers opening them and bitching that they're worthless

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

they're only worth anything as possibilities, reality is always a cruel mistress

How do Bots do it? Do they just buy them for slightly under the natural EV then make profit by opening and selling on the cards?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

clamiam45 posted:

There are people buying them and consuming them... It's weird!

I'd say I'm surprised but then I know plenty of people who will buy a full booster box and just sit and open them without even thinking of playing a limited game with them so yeah.

Whales be whales i suppose.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

black potus posted:

I talked to some TCG (not magic) designers about cycling being evergreen and their argument against was basically there's an implicit cost to putting words on cards and that cost outweighed the value for most players because most players don't want to cycle their cool card and so don't look at it as upside. I don't know that I buy this because part of that cost seems to be that it's not evergreen, and I don't know why you couldn't just stick it on various narrow answers, but there you go.

I can fully understand this, I know casual players that would never see cycling on a 5 mana creature they pull turn 2 with screw a good thing, it would just be feel bads when they have to discard a "good card"

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Is Gaby still working for WotC, I don't mind listening to her she's OK in my book.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Just pay Pat and Ced a poo poo ton of money to cover every event ever and never look back

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Elyv posted:

people who don't show up in today's Magic Storytm: literally any planeswalker

also djeru is incredibly boring

That's not actually a bad story today, well considering the bar of the usual drivel anyway.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

If I wanted to be pedantic I'd point out that pendants are a totally different thing than pedants.

:perfect:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

this stream is utter trash, I get to see several minutes of dead broadcasting and a blue curtain and then just as Rich comes back on it cuts to the same 2 adverts I keep seeing over and over.

How is this company still making money?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Just went to make some food and came back to that annoying goblin WotC mouth-piece Maro talking.

I'd rather watch a rib advert 10 times over TBH

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I don't understand how they can't watch a, SCG stream and just go "hey let's do that, people like it"

I would much rather watch timeshifted games than any of this filler shite

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

if the glassdoor reviews are anything to go by this won't make a difference as any constructive criticism from the playteam will just get drowned out by louder senior people anyway.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Sickening posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0nI9nbUO4

Interesting video posted up by alpha investments. Most of these fake are bad, but some aren't actually that bad, and some are just plan perfect in a sleeve to play. The scary ones are the cards from new sets with the holostamp. These aren't mass produced obviously, but it goes to show you that people are putting in the time because it makes money.

Just watched this, for me the holostamp makes it worse as it's pretty clear it doesn't have the plainswalker symbol on there but some of the other stuff, sleeved up would be undetectable.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Official MTG stream is trash, 720p only and showing Marvel mirrors.

Starting now, SGC Team Constructed (teams of 3, one Standard, one Modern, one Legacy), looks fun.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

YggdrasilTM posted:

??? They are showing BW zombies VS UR control.

They must have changed after I switched over to SCG

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

This team constructed thing is one of the most entertaining things I've watched for MTG in a while, might be because it's new but I'm really enjoying it.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

UK people know you have to wait for Frankie Boyle to take the piss out of something before it's fair game.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Convoke didn't seem too broken either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Why have WOTC defaulted to broadcasting in 720p on twitch? It looks poo poo awful and makes the cards look bad.