Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I can't remember if it was one of the previous Magic threads, or even this site for that matter, but I saw an article about some guy that was crazy about bears. I would hazard a guess and say it was a Grizzly Bear. But every card he got we would put it in those hard plastic cases to keep it from harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I hate to break up the current conversation but here's my first attempt at deck building. Bout a few toolkits through the past couple months and here's what I made. It won me a game with my friends but I'm gonna chalk that up to luck and bad shuffling on their part.

https://deckstats.net/decks/86151/720670-first-try

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Hey guys, I have what is possibly a stupid question but, a friend of mine got the Lilianna planeswalker deck and she used Grasping Lands tap affect to give me a -1/-1 counter to an Expedition Envoy. Does it go to the grave yard since it goes from 2/1 to 1/0?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Yes.

Long answer: Yes. Creatures with 0 toughness get put into the graveyard when state-based effects are checked, which is whenever a player would gain priority. So basically immediately after the Grasping Dunes ability resolves and puts a -1/-1 counter, your 1/0 dies.

e: Frank Karsten has brought us an important theoretical article: What happens if you put every creature into play at once?

Ok follow up. Does it also get sent to the graveyard when the attack is zero?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Do you guys have any suggestions for a pauper angel deck for a 7 year old girl? I've decided to teach my daughter how to play. Probably take her by a game shop in a couple weeks and see what strikes her fancy.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

Most angels are rare, so making a pauper deck is going to be difficult. There are only four angels that cost less than 4 and are common or uncommon. All but one are pretty bad, and the remaining one is blue of all things.

Well drat. Was hoping not to spend too much just in case she isn't a fan of the game. See if there's any other cards I can talk her into.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Quick question, since we're about to go back to Ravnica again, should I look into going ahead and getting rid of some my old Rav theme decks or is there a chance the prices might go up?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
https://deckstats.net/decks/86151/1068657-cat-tastrophe

Here's my wife's first crack at making a deck. All she wanted was a deck of cats. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
I'm sorry to derail the conversation, but I'm looking to unload a couple cards I don't plan on using anytime soon but my lgs isn't taking trade-ins right now, so I'm wondering what's a good way to get the most bang for my buck.