Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Poly and Mono are supertypes so goyf doesn't count them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

LSV's horny for black cards.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Beat wrapter one game and 2-0d some guy with Approach of the Second Sun I think I solved the format.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much legacystaples.dec

It doesn't run Leovold though!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Bring back Top so I can spin it with Bob!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I can't stop laughing at WotC printing masterpiece counterbalance then banning top in that set's B&R update.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

lol if you wouldn't also gently caress a cosmic horror

Your momma can confirm that I would :cawg: .

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I hope censor in a format w/ taplands makes tempo good again, that is all.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Niton posted:

It's kinda funny how much better Censor plays than it looked. Cycling 1 on a force spike variant is real good.

Cycling is really good and I wish it were evergreen. Amonkhet having cycling and two flashback style mechanics has me genuinely excited to draft which hasn't been true since like I dunno RTR or something.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
All I want to do in this dumb game is put things into my graveyard, and then take them back out of my graveyard.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

You've been able to do that for like a year

Baby I've been able to do that since Alpha.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Bob Huang says DRS should be out the Legacy door next and honestly I agree now that top is gone.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

80s James Hetfield posted:

No counters, mill, planeswalkers, discard or netdecks

I don't know what this means but it's provocative. It gets the people going.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
gently caress I'm jelly...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I want UU sorc draw 2 cards. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
This is two good posts so far??? https://twitter.com/drilmagic

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I'm glad the Red Cross is helping Vegas restaurants get grease for their fryers.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Variance is "I didn't expect a thing and then the thing happened and I lost." Playing to your outs is "I didn't expect a thing and then the thing happened and I won."

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I talked to some TCG (not magic) designers about cycling being evergreen and their argument against was basically there's an implicit cost to putting words on cards and that cost outweighed the value for most players because most players don't want to cycle their cool card and so don't look at it as upside. I don't know that I buy this because part of that cost seems to be that it's not evergreen, and I don't know why you couldn't just stick it on various narrow answers, but there you go.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I hope sol ring stays banned, I'm thirsty.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Somebody sneak force of will into a cardfile, then marvel will be cool.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

ThePeavstenator posted:

EVERY FNM I SHOW UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CARD ONTO THE BATTLEFIELD. ITS AETHERWORKS MARVEL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TAPPING THE CARD WITH MY FREE RESOURCE, ENERGY. I LOOK AT THE TOP 6 CARDS AND I SLAM ULAMOG HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN AN AUTOMATIC 2-FOR-1 THAT WILL WIN ME THE GAME IN 2 TURNS OR EVEN A VALUE CARD WHEN I MESS UP AND MISS. MANY CAN SAY THEY CHEATED OUT THE FORMAT'S MOST DANGEROUS ELDRAZI. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY LGS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN LGSS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE HITS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY DECK LESS BORING BY PLAYING EM ALL. 4 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY FRIday

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Therapy is a card I can't see wotc putting into standard again because you have to actually think about things and if you suck it feels bad.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Eh. If you miss then you at least know that they don't have the card you didn't want them to have. That's not nothing, even if you obviously didn't want to pay B and a card for it.

The flip experience is also a thing, if you're bad and don't play it and your opponent keeps hitting it's also feelbads. As far as I'm aware WotC doesn't want you to know you're bad at magic if at all possible.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
MOODfall.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
We could have talked about turbofog instead I think pro wrestling is a step up.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Does anyone know if Travis Woo is dating Hitler yet.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I agree with all this, but I'm conflicted because if everyone thought that way and sent all their $ to alibaba instead of wotc where would we continue to get (lovely lol) new sets in the long term?

Draft would have a purpose at last!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
In both wrestling and magic, tapping out is emasculating.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Archenteron posted:

Bolas: Come at me. Also what the hell gate are you dorks watching? Stupid kids.
Jace: We got a plan?
Gideon: :black101:
Chandra: :flame:
Liliana: :zombie:
Nissa: :weed:
Bolas: *just punchingbags Gideon into a wall* Hey it's great that you're invincible cause I can do this all day. *nosells the other three*
Jace: Wow I can't hack his mind
Bolas: *telepathic :smaug: *
Jace: Hey cool now that he smugged in my mind I can trace the signal and hack his brain
Bolas: Holy poo poo you're stupid *mindcrushes Jace*
Jace: Oh christ I'm about to die :tizzy: *exeunt*
Lillly: Goddammit Bolas nobody fucks Jace's anything but me
Chain Veil: Yes, fight him
Raven Man: HOLY gently caress STOP IT
Bolas: You're an oldwalker. You know what I got. You got common sense. You know where this is going. Also I know how to properly use the Chain Veil.
Lilly: Um...
Bolas: Don't call me, I'll call you.
Lilly: Yeah gently caress this I'm out and you all should too :yikes: *exeunt*
Bolas: ...So, you guys hiring? You're down a necromancer :smaug:
Chandra: :ssj:
Bolas: Come on now I'm a loving dragon, even at your worst you're gonna give me a hotfoot.
Nissa: *throws rocks at Bolas, summons elementals*
Chandra: Yeah girl power combo atta-
Bolas: *reaches down and crushes Chandra's ribs* You also realize I'm a wizard, right? *Flaying Tendrils Nissa*
Chandra: That is entirely too much of my own blood :gibs: *exeunt*
Nissa: Ow ow ow poo poo gotta get the Leylines power to beat him
Bolas: Shat in those 60 years ago, get the gently caress out
Gideon: :glomp:
Nissa: Thanks for distracting him Gideon :itwaspoo: *exeunt*
Bolas: You're like a tantrum throwing baby, Gideon, your strategy sucked, you suck, your invincibility trick sucks *stabs in shoulder through shield* get the gently caress out
Gideon: :smith: *exeunt*
Bolas: :smaug:
Tezzeret: Hey boss 'sup?
Bolas: You're late.
Tezzeret: Traffic. Kicked the Gatewatch's rear end I see, good job. Want me to go find them?
Bolas: Nah, I got my kicks already. Go tell Ral Zarek to hurry up with his thing.
Tezzeret: Yeah sure *grumble*
Bolas: drat it feels good to be a gangster.

WotC hire this man to write the magic story.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Kaja Foglio old border is tier 1 swords to plowshares printing, if you disagree with this then you better gently caress right outta here!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Star Man posted:

I prefer the Terese Nielsen one :smug:

You better gently caress right outta here!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
This thread has been a crucible of bad opinions meant to create yours.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Earth, circa 3.6 billion years ago:
FIRST MICROBE WITH FIRST BAD OPINION: Hm, Magic is a good game.

Smash cut to present time, after evolution has refined life's bad opinions through millenia of natural selection:
STAR MAN: Hm, the M15 border is good.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
You can engage with a moba without knowing what that means though, because monsters throw magic at each other oh gosh that guy died the dude's really excited.

Magic is people moving inscrutable pieces of cardboard around and if you don't know the cardboard you're reliant 100% on the commentators to follow anything.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Quality production.
https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishCloudyLocustSmoocherZ

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Archenteron posted:

On the other hand, Spell Queller laughs at your Cavern of Souls.

:argh: "Cavern naming God, cast Purphoros?"
:smaug: Quell dat poo poo

"Quell, actually..."

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I could live anywhere but I'd only feel compleat on Phyrexia.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Martin Luther King, Jr. would have fought for the civil rights of red players if he saw how Wizards of the Coast discriminated against them by printing snap caster mage in blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Sure they may have chased Sprankle out for being a woman, but let me tell you why the real exclusionary behavior in Magic: the Gathering is some net decking rear end in a top hat casting a counterspell on my cool dinosaur cards.