Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
"ARE THEY LYING???"

loving loaded bait trash. apparently it only gets worse.

in conclusion: gently caress Brownmoses and anything they post is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao just lmao

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
just let them eat cake lmao

https://twitter.com/macroevolut/status/1223235976203554816

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

pretty much the same thing as the article about ancient roman tourism during rising xenophobic tensions

just astoundingly disconnected from any daily reality

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edit oops

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

wow you don't say, england had a centuries long identity crisis about whether or not they're french ?? wild

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Don't worry the rich had actually good food before the eu and they will have it after we leave

everyone else can enjoy a nice toast sandwich

pdog
May 7, 2013
just popped over to parliament sq during a break, and there’s a bunch of gammons with placards and flags, notably a few us fags too

e: flags, but whatever

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

British food is absolute piss and poo poo and that’s before Brexit lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so is it a no deal brexit or what exactly are we dealing with here

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Augus posted:

British food is absolute piss and poo poo and that’s before Brexit lmao

Mlyp

CODChimera posted:

Not yet.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1223265404916772865

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

CODChimera posted:

It's a no brain brexit

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

namesake posted:

Leaked documents on trade discussions with the USA were leaked online by someone who was ESL and used the same sort of drop locations as some operation which people think the Russians did. The papers ran with some headlines about how this showed it was a case of Russian interference and support for Corbyn and BM joined in with "Well it's quite possible isn't it!?!"
(henderson is part of the first OPCW investigations into douma who was physically there instead of on the internet and had worked at the OPCW for 12 years)

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Jan 31, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fuckin owned

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:owned:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
It's brexit day, have we finally figured out what brexit means?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Mayor Dave posted:

It's brexit day, have we finally figured out what brexit means?

it means we're not actually brexitting quite just yet, we have to think about what we want a bit more

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Jan 31, 2020

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
we got are country back

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

How excited are you guys now that democracy has been restored?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
currently celebrating "brexit day" which marks the beginning of a period of 11 months where we'll have less sovereignty than ever before.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

where are the bonging at the moon vids

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
So are we closing this thread after today or do we have to endure years of schadenfreude?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

wet_goods posted:

So are we closing this thread after today or do we have to endure years of schadenfreude?

well we technically leave in six and a half hours, but then we have a year long extendable transition period, and after that it will be literally decades of negotiating trade deals

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This is just the beginning of brexit, friends

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wet_goods posted:

This was originally just a UK politics thread. It could always try to return to that form.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

wet_goods posted:

We need a referendum

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

prefect posted:

This was originally just a UK politics thread. It could always try to return to that form.

how’s it gonna do that when the union dissolves

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

prefect posted:

Good news: for the next two decades, politics will be defined by brexit

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

CODChimera posted:

They have until December to gently caress everything up, and then it's a no-deal.
Unless they manage to gently caress everything up before then, of course.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Augus posted:

how’s it gonna do that when the union dissolves

It can just be the England thread, there can be other Welsh and Scottish and Cornish threads

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Will we finally be allowed to say "Merry Christmas" again?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hundred percent in December nothing will be done and the EU will for some dumb reason extend the time l until everybody but bojo is fed and just says "ugh yeah fine whatever" and UK will be great again.

At this point in the time line I have accepted that the dumbest thing will happen, 100 percent.

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

anyone going down spoons tonight

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Brexit: Eternal Sundowning of the Gammon Mind

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

An insane mind posted:

Brexit: Eternal Sundowning of the Gammon Mind

I like it. :thumbsup:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Tha_Joker_GAmer posted:

currently celebrating "brexit day" which marks the beginning of a period of 11 months where we'll have less sovereignty than ever before.

love 2 follow trade rules that i can't have any say in writing anymore

actually would anything stop the EU from writing new rules that are blatantly anti UK just for lols and the UK would be bound to follow them, or are the rules frozen in place as they are?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

dpf posted:

anyone going down spoons tonight

Yes actually lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

alnilam posted:

love 2 follow trade rules that i can't have any say in writing anymore

actually would anything stop the EU from writing new rules that are blatantly anti UK just for lols and the UK would be bound to follow them, or are the rules frozen in place as they are?

No, though the UK can hard Brexit. I mean, theoretically.

And it's not even just trade rules, that's the best part.