Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

What was really fun was seeing Cameron screw him out of a peerage out of spite and then watching Garage try really hard not to let on how much he wanted it.
What d'you call him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

jBrereton posted:

What d'you call him?

Autocorrect, apparently

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
He was born in a mansion, not in a Garage;
And now his old wife put his things in the Garage.
Makes brexi-beats for brexigirls and brexiboys
And now UKIP, they don't have one seat.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I lost money thanks to Paul Nuthall due to making a bet that Tim Farron would be the first leader to go :argh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That was foolish

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

tarbrush posted:

What was really fun was seeing Cameron screw him out of a peerage out of spite and then watching Garage try really hard not to let on how much he wanted it.

Then the same thing happening with the US ambassador post
Pretty sure the stuff about him receiving a peerage or the US ambassador post were pushes by his PR team rather than anything that was seriously considered. I mean the argument for him becoming ambassador was "I'm mates with Trump, gis a job. Go on, gis it".

I am finding it fun labelling him "the failed politician turned radio presenter" lately though because it hits the right buttons with his supporters (because the truth hurts).

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Nigel Farage is the most influential and consequential Briton of a generation.

A damning indictment of your people if ever there was one, but it's the truth.

He deserves a peerage and it ought to be called Baron Farage of Brexit.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hakimashou posted:

It's a bit late to bash the perfidious Albion now after shoving your nose so far up the assholes of Red Tories you can smell their half-digested fish bits.

no_one
Mar 17, 2004
i'm a lying jerk
Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Nigel farage is a poo poo. he knows he is a poo poo. gently caress nigel farage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hakimashou is an admitted pigfucker no-one

no_one
Mar 17, 2004
i'm a lying jerk
Lipstick Apathy
nop0e·

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

of all their savage customs, the practice of sexually humiliating the severed heads of pigs is, in my view, the starkest proof of the cruel barbarism of the Island Tories

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

no_one posted:

Nigel farage is a poo poo. he knows he is a poo poo. gently caress nigel farage

Yeah but he caused brexit, the biggest deal in Britain since god only knows what.

Ideally you'd want the most influential and consequential person of a generation to have been a good influence and to have had good consequences but it is not to be.

He really started something with UKIP. It was a bad thing, but my did he start something.

Is there anyone who has done more to shape the destiny of Britain?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

People who do bad things should not be rewarded with further influence.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Irony Be My Shield posted:

People who do bad things should not be rewarded with further influence.

Isn't that the whole point of feudal titles?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Prime Minister Necroporker caused Brexit, hth. Farage just took credit for it before jumping off the rapidly sinking ship.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the main cause of brexit was the nation of morons that voted for it hth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I thought it was the Remain campaign literally not doing anything at all

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Inescapable Duck posted:

nah can't think of any major party leaders who sandbagged on remain despite their party being overwhelmingly anti-Brexit

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
saying corbyn caused brexit is like saying the jews caused the holocaust

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

JFairfax posted:

that's uh, one hell of a statement considering corbyn wants to go ahead with brexit if elected

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

that's uh, one hell of a statement considering corbyn wants to go ahead with brexit if elected

that doesnt mean he caused it

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Hi, I'm a Guardian writer. Whats this I hear about Jeremy Corbyn being the sole cause of the holocaust?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

got any sevens posted:

that doesnt mean he caused it

he didn't cause brexit but his efforts during the campaign were perfunctory at best, when you compare him then to his performance during the election it's obvious his heart wasn't in it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

he didn't cause brexit but his efforts during the campaign were perfunctory at best, when you compare him then to his performance during the election it's obvious his heart wasn't in it

the prime minister, the man who actually called brexit, ran an absolutely abysmal campaign because he thought it was an easy win

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Ooooooooooh, Jeh-ruh-me
            Cooooooor
                 byyyyyyyyn

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Jose posted:

the prime minister, the man who actually called brexit, ran an absolutely abysmal campaign because he thought it was an easy win

wow tories never learn huh

anyway something happened in cromer for the first time since it was in the alan partridge movie apparently it was like snatch or something?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

wow tories never learn huh

anyway something happened in cromer for the first time since it was in the alan partridge movie apparently it was like snatch or something?
Racist bar owner refuses to serve gypsies, the entire police force of Norfolk shows up to back him up

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Inescapable Duck posted:

things i remember about the remain campaign

- some people, i think they were posh?, sailed some boats up the thames because some brexity fishermen did it first
- osbourne said hoo boy we'll need a scary budget
- corbyn said he was 7/10 on the eu and a lot of nulabs got very angry with him about it
- 2 women held up a sign that said 'i have stars in my eyes' and the guardian ran it a lot

thats it there may have been more but thats all i remember

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Incredibly specific amounts of money were thrown about as the amount YOUR FAMILY would lose if we brexited (based on lower GDP, which pay had not kept pace with for a decade, creating some degree of skepticism)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the main cause of brexit was the nation of morons that voted for it hth

There was no legitimate reason to bring the issue to a referendum in the first place.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vox Nihili posted:

There was no legitimate reason to bring the issue to a referendum in the first place.

Yeah, following through on that promise was remarkably pig-headed of him wasn't it?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, following through on that promise was remarkably pig-headed of him wasn't it?

guess thats why he hosed himself

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brexit is good you idiots.

The EU is undemocratic and run by neoliberal ghouls. The European Central Bank is practically a Goldman Sachs annex.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I figured Corbyn's attitude towards Brexit is 'We might as well make the most of it'.

And probably just as well given how they turbofucked Greece basically for no reason.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corbyn's attitude towards Brexit is "the people voted for it, so we gotta follow through".

For some reason the logic behind this is entirely lost on the same Brit liberals who are super baffled over how they could possibly have lost the referendum.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I sympathize. Brexit is going to absolutely gently caress this country

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gum posted:

I sympathize. Brexit is going to absolutely gently caress this country

i think people voted for it because the country was already hosed by neoliberalism

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

got any sevens posted:

i think people voted for it because the country was already hosed by neoliberalism

it was more to spite the neoliberal prime minister combined with the same "lol nobody will actually vote for brexit" poo poo that gave you trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"there's no possible way brexit will happen, or donald j trump being president" - stupid loving idiot yinlock, 2016