Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

lmao avg loss of £5,200 per household

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Party Boat posted:

My favourite thing about brexit is the letters to the Mail on how they'd handle negotiations

where's that "british public wrong about nearly everything" screenshot when you need it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nebakenezzer posted:

lmao avg loss of £5,200 per household

its ok i'm sure the tories will help poor people deal with this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

was interesting having a conversation with the guy i go to the match with whos in his 60s. he talked about how hard it was to get a mortgage back when he bought his first house and its really easy these days and just seemed unable to accept the fact that people can't get mortgages now because they'll never be able to save the £60k+ required deposit due to rent and bills being so high and house prices being so insane that you can't get a large enough mortgage to cover it

he did at least say the selling of council homes was a disaster and the government should be building loads more for people

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Send James Bond to Brussels and have him assassinate Brexit.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i love the pro-brexit labourmen yelljng at the tories for cutting social stuff without realising what leaving will do to the economy and the people who depend on social payments

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the whole point of being able to print your own currency is that you don't have to be "fiscally responsible"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the whole point of being able to print your own currency is that you don't have to be "fiscally responsible"

they could have totally done it and got away with it pre-brexit imo. if they try this nowadays the pound will reach Rouble levels in record time

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i love the pro-brexit labourmen yelljng at the tories for cutting social stuff without realising what leaving will do to the economy and the people who depend on social payments

It wouldn't damage the economy enough to make their safety net untenable. But it's still stupid, as I like to remind people. The UK was the only EU state that kept its own currency, which means it didn't have to put up with any of the bad parts of the EU but still had full market access. That's an unbelievably sweet deal.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It wouldn't damage the economy enough to make their safety net untenable. But it's still stupid, as I like to remind people. The UK was the only EU state that kept its own currency, which means it didn't have to put up with any of the bad parts of the EU but still had full market access. That's an unbelievably sweet deal.

the safety net is already stretched to the limit by cuts so it’s going to do exactly this, and there is not much labour can do to prevent it even if they get into power tomorrow, unless they call off brexit

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the safety net is already stretched to the limit by cuts so it’s going to do exactly this, and there is not much labour can do to prevent it even if they get into power tomorrow, unless they call off brexit

they can negotiate in good faith whicj the tories wont

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

:qq:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bump_fn posted:

the only real solution to this crisis is jeb taking lead of the lib dem’s seizing power and j k rowling gets to be foreign secretary

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my favourite is all the farmers who are insanely dependent on EU subsidies and EU migrant labourers all voting brexit

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Those cuts aren't because of the state of the UK economy.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

my favourite is all the farmers who are insanely dependent on EU subsidies and EU migrant labourers all voting brexit

cosmic brain but ur starving to death at the end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bump_fn posted:

if all else fails my parents have a huge garden growing loads of veg and a load of chickens

also my job is paid for by a company who use our software to write global risk reports lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

if all else fails my parents have a huge garden growing loads of veg and a load of chickens

also my job is paid for by a company who use our software to write global risk reports lol

*cartoon eyes darting back and forth between the usa and the uk as i swear profusely*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
leaving htat auto correct cause its better

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
one day auto correct will just write our posts for us

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also lol perfidious albion is once again in a mess of its own making

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

one day auto correct will just write our posts for us

I'm not sure if you have any questions or concerns please visit the plug-in settings to determine how attachments are handled

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was a 100% autocorrect message

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I’m glad you got the money back in your mind and I don’t have any money for it and now it’s going down so

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

they could have totally done it and got away with it pre-brexit imo. if they try this nowadays the pound will reach Rouble levels in record time

No it wouldn't.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
guys I’m beginning to think that Corbyn is too good for us

we don’t deserve him

:smith:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

bump_fn posted:

leaving the eu is probably the most hardcore gently caress up:consequence ratio the uks had in decades.

each small mistake has such a huge potential impact and the tories are just Not Competent

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

you can't say we don't deserve it

been reading up on the empire cause it was never touched on in school and

im beginning to think we weren't solely a civilising and benign presence

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It was actually just a couple days ago, the anniversary of the best thing that Britain ever did.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

bump_fn posted:

So I assume there's a large contingent of people who think all the bad thing will happen but that this is a good thing because it will create a Britain the lives by the free market alone

I mean I assume all the cons are already waiting for the weekly death count from the "excess population" to become a weekend feature in the sun like "white van man"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nopantsjack posted:

you can't say we don't deserve it

been reading up on the empire cause it was never touched on in school and

im beginning to think we weren't solely a civilising and benign presence

Someone's gonna get blown from a cannon if they keep this up

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Significant Ant posted:

guys I’m beginning to think that Corbyn is too good for us

we don’t deserve him

:smith:

deserve's got nothin to do with it :clint:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When you run an export surplus, Kind Of.

When you have quite a big, and important, trade deficit in actual goods that the country needs, and it recently transpires that the country is pretty much out of foreign reserves, no.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

Someone's gonna get blown from a cannon if they keep this up

they stole that one from the mughals

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Party Boat posted:

My favourite thing about brexit is the letters to the Mail on how they'd handle negotiations

attn uk: you are not in a position of power here

like at all

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yinlock posted:

attn uk: you are not in a position of power here

like at all

If you think reality matters you haven't paid attention to 2017

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/921860894417711105

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Those cuts aren't because of the state of the UK economy.

they’re going to take time to reverse even if labour gets into power tomorrow and will definitely become worse/more inadequate as the economy worsens is what i’m saying

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No it wouldn't.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the boomer i was talking to sees threatening no deal as strengthening the bargaining hand because it shows there is something else available and didn't take well to me saying it was more like threatening to kill yourself so your spouse doesn't leave