Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AnoHito posted:

If these things you all say are true, then it's probably for the best Corbyn resigns, since it looks like he either quite fatally couldn't control his party, or he got completely outmaneuvered by Boris Johnson. Either one would appear to disqualify him for the job.

I think I heard that at least his successor will probably be equally left, so here's to hoping for it.
from what i understand, Corbyn was put in a no-win situation. the one thing he dithered on was Brexit and that just so happened to be the defining issue of the election. a left version of Brexit was never going to happen due to the dynamics of Labour making that impossible

BoJo outmaneuvered him only in the sense that he put it in plain and simple terms: "Get Brexit Done." there was nothing as snappy from Corbyn or Labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good timing, i was about to ask about who Labour's membership would vote for next. it's still a fairly left-wing base, right?

Dravs posted:

He also went to Oxford, which seems like a prerequisite for becoming PM now, apparently.
"now"