Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

'nobody wants it' is weird, it's consistently popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-hypno-disc

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-a7912641.html

whoopsie

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i doubt it, in the article it just means its big enough that they can't say how long it will take. but 'scale and significance' makes a good headline.

i mean they might but don't hold your breath

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Who even are these mythical people who think the ECJ's jurisdiction is a "hot button issue"?

i think it's gesturing at the whole 'human rights???' thing the reactionary press likes to scream about

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

activate has really gone fantastically for the tories, just great all round, cracking launch

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

youth politics tends towards hyperbole

so when the politics is domesticated race/gender/class domination rather than 'try to be nice and help people' it doesn't go well

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

as far as I'm aware the SNP are extremely (and viscerally, for english nationalists) unpopular south of the border, and twitter doesn't care about the border

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

retroactively free zeal

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the closest thing to a corbyn personal scandal was that he dated a black woman once, which they had a go at but couldn't really make fly

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

corbyn's refusal to give obeisance to the death cult after the terrorist attack was the high point of the campaign imo

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i guess those really weirdly bad takes of his on feminism-related topics were pointing to something huh. what a creep.

pity we'll likely never get the full solar system, i liked that series

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i voted lib dem in 2010 because my seat was safe labour and i figured a bigger vote share would put a little bit more weight behind voting reform

lol

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Here in America

lol of course

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

hakimashou is a treasure of britpol, the charisma of pissflaps and the insight of hamprince combined in one poster

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It'd be hard enough to investigate MPs at the best of times, the threat of a Corbyn premiership will make it even harder.

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/924580321890324480

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

one of the great prospects for a corbyn government is that it will owe the press less than nothing

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

somehow she even has his hair

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/928945365763620866

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

well i mean yeah if we get russia and the usa to do the heavy lifting again we could probably get a good deal out of the eu, but they aren't returning our calls

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

since 2007 or so blair's entire psychology has been taken over by the task of reassuring himself he's not going to hell

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

gently caress uber

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

boris going to start a new career in america after being laughed out of britain would basically be the traditional move at this point

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

ah, the piers morgan path except that piers morgan wasn't laughed out, he was told to shut the gently caress up and gently caress off

also milo and mensch

they're a plague & we don't want them back

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Byolante posted:

Brexit isn't inherently bad because getting the gently caress away from Merkle and Macron's Titanic is important but having the tories disembark everyone onto the Charybdis was dumb as poo poo

we'd be fine in the eu because we aren't on the euro, which is what destroyed (was used to destroy) greece &c

if it went tits up we'd just be in the same state we are now

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the sensible centrist Decent foreign policy is to give direct material assistance to saudi slaughterhouse operators

whether it's a misrepresentation or not, the moral bar is already buried in a mass grave

Peel has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Nov 24, 2017

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

am i right in remembering there was a whole Woke Amber Rudd thing at some point during the corbyn era when people were scrounging around for every possible reason to complain about labour

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

it seems like labour made minor gains but lost the expectations game?

good news is ukip were obliterated, bad news is that's probably because the tories are overtly racist now

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the lords is small-c conservative, it stalls the conservative government full of radical maniacs but would also fight a labour government with a substantial programme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

it was nice having an actual brexit policy for a few hours lol