Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Squalid posted:

brexit is like one of those monkey traps where they put a peanut in a narrow mouthed jar and when the monkey reaches in and grasps the peanut it's fist is now too wide to pull out

You just want to say "come on man, just let go of the brexit, you can literally just walk away." Meanwhile the UK is flopping around, twisting about and making GBS threads on itself

What makes this analogy even better is that the peanut is not actually even a peanut, it's a piece of poo poo

But the monkey wasn't sure, so after some thinking 52% of its brain decided that the thing in the jar is actually the most delicious treat and it must have it

There are many ways in which this monkey is not the smartest creature around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Honest Thief posted:

A couple years ago when I moved back to Portugal from London I was thinking "when the dust settles in a few months I'll probably move back".. in hindsight it was probably overly optimistic

see you in 3061 m8

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

Hundred percent in December nothing will be done and the EU will for some dumb reason extend the time l until everybody but bojo is fed and just says "ugh yeah fine whatever" and UK will be great again.

Good news! The EU cannot unilaterally decide to extend the transition period, the UK need to explicitly ask for it

Also the transition period can IIRC only be extended once and only by a maximum of two years

It's a good thing the UK media are informing the people of these facts, and scrutinising the conservatives' campaign promises, so we can all make informed decisions and have an informed conversation