Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Unfortunately Open Windows is trash, although it leaves a few things intriguingly murky for a while before turning into a loud fart noise and a DVD of Untraceable.

I absolutely loved Colossal, it's probably at the top of my list for the year so far. Hathaway and Sudeikis both absolutely killed it (unsurprisingly and very surprisingly) and not many things can give me the visceral skin-crawling reaction like the firework scene or the tearful apology in Oscar's hoarder hovel. As soon as it went there, every other scene seemed like it was on the verge of spiraling back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Franchescanado posted:

What's more, the movie never explicitly states that she asked Oscar for any of the furniture or favors, he always says she said it when she was drunk and she can't remember (weird plays on drunken consent, as well)

I thought the bit with the futon pretty heavily implied she never asked him for any of the stuff - he drops an offhand "You could really use a futon in here" that she's unresponsive to, and like a day later he shows up with the futon and acting like she was the one who brought it up to him. I was kind of surprised there wasn't an explicit revelation that he snuck in with the key and deflated the air mattress with how that sequence played out.

• Locked thread