Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SgtScruffy posted:

I'm seeing The Revolution on Thursday and I'm excited! Did anyone hear any reviews or anything for how they've sounded on the tour/at Celebration so far?

Not about the tour, but the First Ave shows they did were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm hearing that Prince's family is trying to get a reality show together that documents how their lives have changed since Prince died.

I for one know I'd love to see about all of my favorite Prince family members on TV. Like my favorite...uh...Shecky?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is there going to be a good, complete, vinyl version of the new Purple Rain release?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The ridiculously long version of Computer Blue should have been on the original album.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Man, I wish the source for the DVD was higher quality. This is definitely better than the VHS and laserdisc rips I've seen around, and it sounds great, but it looks real rough.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I think it's just going to depend on how it was filmed. The rumour was that it was shot on video so it's about as good as it's going to look.

Oh yeah this is definitely video not film. It's got all the color bleeding you would expect from tape. It's a shame they cheaped out then and it's suffering for it now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

The only Prince shows I know that were filmed on actual film is the footage from The Second Coming (5 camera shoot in 16mm - which Prince bought back from the original director) and Sign 'O' The Times (which was filmed at Paisley Park after the real concert footage turned out to be unusable - also 16mm except for the U Got The Look portion)

But the cool thing is that he taped the majority of his shows so there (should be) an insane amount of live footage in the vault.

Hopefully for the later era shows he was using high quality digital instead of tape, so those might be good quality.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Electric Fetus (popular record store here in Minneapolis) has a special thing going on where if you get all the reissued singles you get a discount, plus a limited edition Prince themed bag. I was only planning on getting the picture disc vinyl, but ended up doing that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Could you post a picture of the bag when you get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pfft, call me when they put up Bat-Dance.

• Locked thread