Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Has anyone been to Paisley Park yet? A friend and I wanna do a pilgrimage sometime this summer.

Any other stereotypical Prince road trip spots to hit up? First avenue, Lake Minnetonka, any others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I'm seeing The Revolution on Thursday and I'm excited! Did anyone hear any reviews or anything for how they've sounded on the tour/at Celebration so far?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Saw The Revolution last night in DC - they could be pretty hit or miss, but overall it was a pretty solid time. Setlist from setlist.fm below:

Computer Blue
America
Mountains
Automatic
Take Me With U
Uptown
D.M.S.R.
Our Destiny/Roadhouse Garden
Raspberry Beret
Erotic City
Let's Work
Paisley Park
Controversy
Sometimes It Snows in April
Let's Go Crazy
Delirious
Kiss
When Doves Cry
Purple Rain

Encore:
I Would Die 4 U
Baby I'm a Star

Definite highlight of the evening was that Wendy and Lisa did an acoustic version of Sometimes it Snows in April. The audience got super quiet for it and Wendy started crying at the "I often dream of heaven and I know that Tracy's there" so the audience sang for her

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Goddamn it. The only concert getting included with the final release of Purple Rain Deluxe is Prince And The Revolution LIVE. I was really hoping for a second concert like an offical release of The Makings Of Rain or the Omni show.

Any special guests?

Nope. They had a male vocalist who would come out and sing certain songs that Wendy wasn't lead on, but I couldn't tell you who he was.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1g6C00r8f42rgdsfnwURs3

If you have Spotify, the whole version of Father's Song is on there. It sounds pretty friggin amazing. A soft piano ballad with a bit of Vangelis-esque 80's synthesizers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtB8bN2IhOE

Unboxing video of someone who got the remaster a bit early (hat tip to Call Me Charlie for DM'ing me this to post)

• Locked thread