Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Last thread got gassed, so I'll make a new one. Let's try to keep a cool head about posts, a disclaimer that applies to me as well really. I'm still allowing people to come in and defend Youtube intellectuals without fear of anything but the usual verbal backlash. I gotta get my kicks somehow.

:siren: PROTIP: Watch intellectuals in Private/Incognito mode so Youtube doesn't adjust its video selection to shove more of these fuckers into our face! :siren:

Anyway!

The gently caress is all this?

Youtube Intellectuals are what I call people who create videos trying to argue against (or as they say "loving DESTROY") progressive concepts. A typical video from one of these gentlemen (and they are almost exclusively male) usually consists of a voiceover as the main draw, where they basically just talk for thirty minutes to an hour about how feminism/trans people/star wars/whatever is killing our society. These people do minimal amounts of work and they usually use shallow arguments to try and disprove whatever is stuck in their craw that day. They cover for this with a veneer of intellectualism even though few of them have any expertise with any field, let alone anything like economics or sociology.

So why do we care?

Because there are hundreds of these fuckers and they get paid to do this. A combination of Patreon money and Youtube ad revenue can allow the most famous of them to basically subsist off just talking to the internet for 30 minute periods. They also typically have have shittons of subscribers and the most popular of their lot get millions of views per video. Whether we like to admit it or not, they do have a lot of influence and their opinions spread very far. Coupled with the way Youtube recommends the most popular videos to website newcomers, this becomes a sort of self-feeding Oroborous where pseudo-intellectualism prospers.

Let's list some of these charmers

Thunderf00t

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t

An atheist blogger who originally made a famous series of videos called "Why People Mocked Creationism". It was a series of about 40 videos, each one dedicated to taking a creationist talking point, and then showing why it's bullshit. The series was very well-liked and remains the thing Thunderf00t is most famous for. Unfortunately the fame kind of went into his head and he leaped into a lot of public debates where he did really, really badly.
Thunderf00t was at one point invited to a sort of blog group of other famous atheists. At the time, there was apparently a debate on sexual harassment and feminism, and Thunderf00t decided to hop in. It went about as well as you expect, he became increasingly unhinged and increasingly convinced that there was some sort of feminist cabal out to destroy mankind in general and him in particular. The group basically kicked him out shortly after.
At a certain point, he became one of the patriarchs of the Gamergate movement, whether he wants to admit it or not. His videos on criticism of third wave feminism became increasingly unhinged as he gained more traction among the dipshit circles. This culminated in an obsession with Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who he tries to tear down any chance he gets. At this point, that's pretty much all he is known for, crusading against some feminist cabal, and trying to rip apart Sarkeesian talking points. He also makes a point of mocking rape survivors because something something professional victim.

Sargon of Akkad

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/user/SargonofAkkad100

Oh boy where do I start with this one
Sargon of Akkad is a complicated figure. What he says is not representative of what he is.
He claims to be a liberal, but his views are strictly libertarian/conservative. Like, to the degree that the EDL and The Daily Stormer have endorsed him. SoA claims he's a rational, who simply wants objective facts in fields like feminism, but in reality he's more interested in winning Twitter wars while using any pedantic criticism to tear down scientific articles which go against his points.
He has an enormous hate boner for feminists and the "regressive left" (essentially a dogwhistle for people who think not saying the n word in public is a good thing). He believes feminists are responsible for victimizing men and for propagating the "myth" of rape culture. He believes that post-secondary education is overrun with progressives who destroyed the validity of their own movement and want to return this country to a state of...uhhh...some...place where you can't uh...say anything bad, I guess??
SoA is a suspected graduate of the school of Wikipedia, hence why his YouTube avatar is the mask of the grandson of Sargon of Akkad and not of Sargon himself. A lot of his talking points and world views are cobbled together from hastily read wikipedia articles, which has tripped him up in the past.
He is a Bernie voter voting for Trump, which really tells you all you need to know.
He has also debated Kristi Winters, a woman with an Actual PhD, and she absolutely destroyed him, to the degree that not even his supporters were willing to lick his wounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfCkp0Juao
Here is the discussion she had after the debate, which I recommend listening to because Kristi is an interesting woman and has really sharp analytical skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyVcdn0s7g#t=3245s

Armored Skeptic

Despite the annoying gimmick (he uses that avatar of the dude with the knight helmet and changes its expressions as he gives his talking points), AS does genuinely have some legitimate critique on religious fundamentalism and conspiracy theories. He used to be part of jewish sect, but became an atheist after reading atheist works. He has been endorsed by famous atheists such as Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. He spends his time trying to point out the fallacies of religious people as well as tearing down conspiracy theories.
Unfortunately if you guessed one of those conspiracy theories to be third-wave feminsim, you're right. Like SoA he believes rape culture to be a myth and that women are in no way disadvantaged when they go into STEM fields.
A lot of AS's issues stem from his honetly somewhat solepsistic world view; if I don't see it as an issue to me, I don't see why it is an issue to you. He also would much rather launch into :nattyice: burns and snarky statements rather than use actual citations to back his arguments.
He's dating another Youtube named Shoe0nHead, who is a sort of antifemnist MRA I guess? They do collaboration videos together. This can only end well.

The Amazing Atheist

Like AS and thunderf00t, tAA made his mark by dedicating videos to refuting creationism and popular political beliefs. If Thunderf00t was well liked before he went off the deep end, I can't ever say that tAA had the same sort of support. If you could imagine Bill Maher as a shithead teenage, militant atheist, libertarian with no filter, you'd have tAA. He went far and beyond simple religious critique, usually also adding a healthy amount of insults and threats. All in all, he was essentially a grognard with a YouTube channel until feminism reared its head. And that was when he showed his true colours. tAA hates feminism (and women in general if I'm being quite honest) with a passion. Like the others Youtube Rationals™, he believes feminists are some sort of evil cabal, trying to enforce female supremacy. He believes that rape culture is a myth and that if the problem hasn't bothered him or his friends, then obviously it's not a problem worth discussing.
He's also frequently targeted rape surivors with insults. Because...uhhhh...that's the kind of guy he is, I guess. He is in favor of lesser punishments for pedophiles and child molesters, saying that the age of consent really should be a thing of the past. He later recanted these statements, saying that he only made them when he was an edgy 20 year old. uh, yeah.
Really any time the conversation starts where tAA and sex are mentioned, you should prob leave the room or wear protective eye-wear cause the results won't be pretty.

Chris Ray Gun

A popular newcomer on the block, CRG has become a darling among the Intellectuals for...honestly I don't know why. People seem to like his editing and voice, but frankly to me he always came off as a whiny brat. His videos are almost completely dedicated towards Im_a_white_guy.avi and as such, his fans love him for it. He regularly encourages people to "drink bleach!" which has been something of a victory cry among his fanbase. lol funny memes amirite.
I sort of have very little to write about because mostly he's just loving boring. He just does that bullshit argument technique where he yells that people make no sense and need to grow up while playing with zooms in editing. If you want a white guy metaphorically jacking off onto your face for 30 mins, boy does he have something for you. He hasn't done anything egregiously wrong, like Sargon or AA, but the usual suspects support him and the daily stormer cited one of his videos so watch this space!

Questions

Holy gently caress these people are dumb they are in fact so dumb I am gonna-

Please don't touch the poop in any way. No comments, no PMs. Safari rules.

Derails?

Due to the broad spectrum of subjects covered by these people I expect this thread to veer off-topic. This is fine, though I appreciate it if people didn't spend like 10 pages discussing how WSJ wasn't 100% fair to PewDiePie. Also I'd really appreciate it if we didn't have slapfights over consent and rape statistics since that never ends well and that's a common bugbear for Youtube Intellectuals.

I mean you know he's not wro-

Be prepared to defend any opinion like this. I will ask thread regulars to explain to people calmly why they're wrong, this isn't the feminism thread where you can tell people to educate themselves, please try. OTOH, if you're being intellectually dishonest or particularly dense or crazy I will allow posters in the thread to mock your opinions mercilessly. Asking what would satisfy feminist critique is a legitimate question that deserves a legitimate answer. Asking why feminists are creating a victim culture deserves pointing and laughing. Use your good judgement.

Though both sorts are welcome here! :allears:

Why do people care so much about Star Wars?

cuz theyre a bunch of fuken nerds

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'll post stuff about Davis Aurini, Matt Ray Gun and a few others as well. I might do Warcorpse because oh my god

Last thread we were having an actually interesting discussion about Youtube revenue versus Patreon revenue and how company policies on commercials affected the Intellectuals' income. Let's keep going with that.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000
OOh this sounds fun

Kevin Logan is a humongous retard

SSNeoman posted:

Be prepared to defend any opinion like this. I will ask thread regulars to explain to people calmly why they're wrong, this isn't the feminism thread where you can tell people to educate themselves, please try

So this is the opposite of the last thread?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat bily right out of the gate with the :firstpost:

BillyBlanks posted:

So this is the opposite of the last thread?

No.
I was annoyed with people dismissing genuine questions from people who simply didn't engage with the material as much as they did. This will encourage a few of the thread regulars to reconsider their own points and try to get them to post better.

You are not one of the people I am concerned about so that doesn't apply to you

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

SSNeoman posted:

drat bily right out of the gate with the :firstpost:

No.
I was annoyed with people dismissing genuine questions from people who simply didn't engage with the material as much as they did. This will encourage a few of the thread regulars to reconsider their own points and try to get them to post better.

You are not one of the people I am concerned about so that doesn't apply to you

May I suggest a few more ground rules?

1) bonerconfessor has to take his/her meds
2) calling other ppl nazi should get you laughed at mercilessly, as well as suggesting there is widespread white supremacy in the US
3) stop probating BillyBlanks

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

On topic: the bad part is that i used to like some of these people. Why people laughed at creationists was a good series and armored skeptic had some good videos in spite of the retarded gimmick stolen from logicked, who actually probably also belongs on this list for similar reasons to AS.

I'm not sure whether debunking stupid creationist arguments just wasn't lucrative enough or the YouTube atheist community all got simultaneously redpilled or what but the loss of half the people I used to listen to in the background is actually pretty sad. If someone has a better explanation for exactly what happened I'd love to hear it.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I like hbomberguy's videos about these nards

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

On topic: the bad part is that i used to like some of these people. Why people laughed at creationists was a good series and armored skeptic had some good videos in spite of the retarded gimmick stolen from logicked, who actually probably also belongs on this list for similar reasons to AS.

I'm not sure whether debunking stupid creationist arguments just wasn't lucrative enough or the YouTube atheist community all got simultaneously redpilled or what but the loss of half the people I used to listen to in the background is actually pretty sad. If someone has a better explanation for exactly what happened I'd love to hear it.

same, though i liked thunderfoot, he did a cool campaign against sack of poo poo tvangelica "healer" peter popoff.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I like hbomberguy's videos about these nards

same. he is funny and has pretty good taste in games.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BillyBlanks posted:

2) calling other ppl nazi should get you laughed at mercilessly, as well as suggesting there is widespread white supremacy in the US

No to all of these.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

BillyBlanks posted:

OOh this sounds fun

Kevin Logan is a humongous retard

Logan's heart is in the right place but his style of "insult nazis until ???" is sort of getting left in the dust by better-researched videos like hbomb, Shaun & Jen, Contrapoints, etc.

Like I know these people are bad and why - how can I explain it to them in a way that makes them feel small without throwing their own belligerence back at them? His channel is basically only good for getting mad.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

BillyBlanks posted:

I agree with 1 and 3.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

A typical video from one of these gentlemen (and they are almost exclusively male)

I think I've seen as many or more anti-feminist youtube women than any other youtube women. I don't think this is really a mark against youtube MRAs or the alt-right in particular.

I browse mostly informative, factual Youtube channels. Stuff like Numberphile and Sixty Symbols have women on sometimes and Kurzgesagt has women working on it, but overall the male exclusivity trend extends to legitimate Youtube intellectuals. Are there any notable exceptions?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Mercrom posted:

I think I've seen as many or more anti-feminist youtube women than any other youtube women. I don't think this is really a mark against youtube MRAs or the alt-right in particular.

I browse mostly informative, factual Youtube channels. Stuff like Numberphile and Sixty Symbols have women on sometimes and Kurzgesagt has women working on it, but overall the male exclusivity trend extends to legitimate Youtube intellectuals. Are there any notable exceptions?

Anita Sarkeesian :laugh:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BardoTheConsumer posted:

you can't keep debunking religion forever - there's only so much to say on the subject

however getting involved in the endless sadsack internet culture wars and whining about females and minorities is a bottomless well of content. people will forever appreciate having their paranoia and anger stoked

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

boner confessor posted:

you can't keep debunking religion forever - there's only so much to say on the subject

however getting involved in the endless sadsack internet culture wars and whining about females and minorities is a bottomless well of content. people will forever appreciate having their paranoia and anger stoked

So it's really the lucre thing then? I mean crackpots make ridiculous claims every day so that well is also pretty bottomless but I see your point.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BardoTheConsumer posted:

So it's really the lucre thing then? I mean crackpots make ridiculous claims every day so that well is also pretty bottomless but I see your point.

there's all kinds of people who put all kinds of videos on youtube about all kinds of things. but when it comes to monetization one of the reliable money makers is yelling and crying about feminists. youtube has a problem with this sort of thing, as evidenced by the current blowup about the channel where some horrible parents emotionally and physically abuse their children as "pranks". in one of them the dad screams at his weeping child to stop being a pussy because it's costing him money. not exactly which advertisers want to target that demographic

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

there's all kinds of people who put all kinds of videos on youtube about all kinds of things. but when it comes to monetization one of the reliable money makers is yelling and crying about feminists. youtube has a problem with this sort of thing, as evidenced by the current blowup about the channel where some horrible parents emotionally and physically abuse their children as "pranks". in one of them the dad screams at his weeping child to stop being a pussy because it's costing him money. not exactly which advertisers want to target that demographic

I'm sorry, what the gently caress is this now?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

I'm sorry, what the gently caress is this now?

the internet is pretty outraged about this. dont click this video if you dont want to see disgusting, broken adults emotionally and physically abusing their children on camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoLmsXKkYM

it doesn't have anything to do with youtube intellectualism but it does demonstrate that youtube has a problem. by cutting in content creators to ad revenue without some kind of validation of their content in place you end up creating financial incentives for all kinds of awful social behavior, such as long hate rants against women or filming yourself committing acts of child abuse

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I wonder how many years we are from a livestreamed serial killer with a patreon account.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the internet is pretty outraged about this. dont click this video if you dont want to see disgusting, broken adults emotionally and physically abusing their children on camera

it doesn't have anything to do with youtube intellectualism but it does demonstrate that youtube has a problem. by cutting in content creators to ad revenue without some kind of validation of their content in place you end up creating financial incentives for all kinds of awful social behavior, such as long hate rants against women or filming yourself committing acts of child abuse

Well I'm not clicking that link, but how long before that becomes Exhibit A is taking these kids away from these assholes?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

Well I'm not clicking that link, but how long before that becomes Exhibit A is taking these kids away from these assholes?

the problem is that the parents don't seem to be aware they're committing child abuse. they were most likely raised in toxic households themselves so they see it as normal to scream at your children, accuse them of bad behavior, betray their trust, disrespect their pain, etc. as just loving rough housing. in a lot of places CPS is overwhelmed with kids who are being abused worse than this, so they triage and say "well the kid is emotionally tormented by his father for youtube ad revenue but at least he has a house, food, and isn't sexually abused" but like reddit, 4chan etc. is involved now so sick internet justice is probably going to hassle the local CPS until they do something to make it stop

and here's the tricky part. the parents in this video aren't aware of the consequences of their actions. they're not thinking "haha, i'm going to give my kid panic attacks and psychological damage for profit", they're thinking "lol epic meltdown from a fun prank" because they're such bad caregivers they're not aware of the massive power imbalance between parent and child, or the need for children to unconditionally trust the adults they depend on for survival. so what do you do when you operate a platform which allows people to unknowingly do damage to other people for profit? what responsibility does youtube have for policing and clamping down on this content, or is it acceptable free speech to film yourself physically harming children since it's not specifically illegal?

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

boner confessor posted:

What the gently caress.

For those not clicking the link, it's a reaction video to broken parents "pranking" their kids. How do they prank them? By throwing ink on the carpet and cursing out the child (I'm bad with kid ages, looks like a 3rd grader?) for marking up the white carpet with a marker or some poo poo. At the start of the prank it goes like this:

Mom (explaining prank): Haha, I'm going to use disappearing ink to scare my child.

*Prank begins*
Mom (upstairs, off camera): "Get your loving rear end up here!"
*Kid goes upstairs
Dad (following kid): "What the hell did you do?"

There is no context for this being right. So, Komrade, the question really is, do you know who these people are? Cause that's when this goes to CPS.

Side note: I'm not a parent, but who has a poo poo ton of kids and thinks "You know what we need? White loving carpets!"

EDIT For boners:

boner confessor posted:

in a lot of places CPS is overwhelmed with kids who are being abused worse than this, so they triage and say "well the kid is emotionally tormented by his father for youtube ad revenue but at least he has a house, food, and isn't sexually abused" but like reddit, 4chan etc. is involved now so sick internet justice is probably going to hassle the local CPS until they do something to make it stop

It's not really just how overwhelmed CPS is, but the belief that the kids will be better with some sort of family structure versus foster care. If the kids won't die before hitting 18 in their current situation, CPS is not going to take custody. Hell, even if the parents are separated and only one is toxic, it's unlikely that the toxic one will be excised, legally speaking. But I might be projecting from people I know. :shrugs:

BirdOfPlay fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 20, 2017

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the problem is that the parents don't seem to be aware they're committing child abuse. they were most likely raised in toxic households themselves so they see it as normal to scream at your children, accuse them of bad behavior, betray their trust, disrespect their pain, etc. as just loving rough housing. in a lot of places CPS is overwhelmed with kids who are being abused worse than this, so they triage and say "well the kid is emotionally tormented by his father for youtube ad revenue but at least he has a house, food, and isn't sexually abused" but like reddit, 4chan etc. is involved now so sick internet justice is probably going to hassle the local CPS until they do something to make it stop

and here's the tricky part. the parents in this video aren't aware of the consequences of their actions. they're not thinking "haha, i'm going to give my kid panic attacks and psychological damage for profit", they're thinking "lol epic meltdown from a fun prank" because they're such bad caregivers they're not aware of the massive power imbalance between parent and child, or the need for children to unconditionally trust the adults they depend on for survival. so what do you do when you operate a platform which allows people to unknowingly do damage to other people for profit? what responsibility does youtube have for policing and clamping down on this content, or is it acceptable free speech to film yourself physically harming children since it's not specifically illegal?

Everything about this is loving terrible. How did this become a thing? Like how did just being an rear end in a top hat to people on youtube become "pranks?" And how could anyone even think this is remotely a good idea to do to your own children, Goddamn

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So Sargon is on vacation and he lets a bunch of other losers upload stuff so he'll still have content. So here's a video about why only men drive the world forwards and we need to actively start kicking out women out of universities because Einstein was a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgenYg3uK3w

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

Everything about this is loving terrible. How did this become a thing? Like how did just being an rear end in a top hat to people on youtube become "pranks?" And how could anyone even think this is remotely a good idea to do to your own children, Goddamn

there's a ton of lovely "prank" channels out there that are just fake, or are just physical abuse and assault. typically it's adults targeting other adults at least. this guy is what happens when you're an emotionally stunted manchild who has two bright ideas at the same time - i want to make money on youtube, and nobody's done extreme prank videos on children

it shouldn't suprise you that the father who is so incompetent he's doing serious psychological damage to his children is also an avid game streamer

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

there's a ton of lovely "prank" channels out there that are just fake, or are just physical abuse and assault. typically it's adults targeting other adults at least. this guy is what happens when you're an emotionally stunted manchild who has two bright ideas at the same time - i want to make money on youtube, and nobody's done extreme prank videos on children

it shouldn't suprise you that the father who is so incompetent he's doing serious psychological damage to his children is also an avid game streamer

I've seen those. I just don't understand how being an rear end in a top hat and committing assault got considered a prank. These videos are extremely unfunny and make me wish the worse on them.

God of loving course he is

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

I've seen those. I just don't understand how being an rear end in a top hat and committing assault got considered a prank.

the internet is so easy to use now the 25% of humanity who are completely incompetent mouthbreathers can upload and crowdsource their own content

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the internet is so easy to use now the 25% of humanity who are completely incompetent mouthbreathers can upload and crowdsource their own content

Maybe Youtube was a mistake

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Google should probably pay someone 50k a year to remove channels like these instead of losing billions in ad revenue but what do I know.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I wonder how many years we are from a livestreamed serial killer with a patreon account.

I remember reading some manga where the premise is that there's this Youtube like service and people directly receive a bunch of money if they manage to rank high in terms of views but are forced into debt if they don't. This ends up leading to a bunch of people filming themselves committing increasingly disturbing crimes in order to get attention. I think there was also some element where the Youtube-equivalent would cover up your crimes and pay for the equipment you used if you got a bunch of views (and force the people who didn't get many views to cover the material and criminal costs).

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Ethan is losing motivation because his comedy video with Steve-O about the child abusers with footage of child abuse in it isn't making money.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Visidan posted:

Google should probably pay someone 50k a year to remove channels like these instead of losing billions in ad revenue but what do I know.

Ya, but at the same time it's nice to see Youtubers employing the Nazi Punks gently caress Off strategy when some of their ilk start doing stupid poo poo that will bring them all down.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Visidan posted:

People upload 65 years worth of video to YouTube every single day.

There is literally no way to have humans check every video that gets uploaded.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

KomradeX posted:

I think they're at 2 out of 3 strikes on their Youtube channel before it gets shut down, but honestly who gives a poo poo about that, I hope enough people have called CPS in their area to have at least Cody taken away. These people belong in jail for what they're doing.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I was a CPS investigator for a little while, in Texas. I'm not sure where these people are but in my limited experience CPS was hesitant to ever pursue claims of emotional abuse. They needed the emotional abuse to lead to demonstrable harm that could be unambiguously connected to it. For example, the one time I did see it stick it was because a child wrote that she specifically attempted suicide because her mom yelled at her nonstop and treated her like poo poo.

I'm not shocked these people have a diehard fan base. At least where I worked (several rural counties) the idea that you can treat your kids however you want, and that harsh discipline was best was very strong.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

This is really awful. I can't believe people still do that ADD camera cut thing.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Why do these alt-right YouTube personalities never take care of themselves? They all look like the same weird nerds that have to be told to take a shower before they go to a D&D session.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

Why do these alt-right YouTube personalities never take care of themselves? They all look like the same weird nerds that have to be told to take a shower before they go to a D&D session.

If they were normal hygienic people who had friends and hobbies, they wouldn't be alt-right YouTube personalities.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

Can we get a side by side comparison of a photo of you vs Armoured Skeptic or Shoe0nhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mercrom posted:

This is really awful. I can't believe people still do that ADD camera cut thing.

Constant editing is way easier than being able to read your script for more than a sentence.

• Locked thread