Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

BillyBlanks posted:

Can we get a side by side comparison of a photo of you vs Armoured Skeptic or Shoe0nhead

I'm not trying to pass myself off as a YouTube personality.

Edit:

Eh, why the gently caress not? I'll follow the dog rule. Me with a dog I found on my way to get more vodka at 9pm in a Polish village on a trip for my cousin's wedding.

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

mojo1701a posted:

Why do these alt-right YouTube personalities never take care of themselves? They all look like the same weird nerds that have to be told to take a shower before they go to a D&D session.

I skipped the last 100ish pages, but surely the golden one has been discussed.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Zenithe posted:

I skipped the last 100ish pages, but surely the golden one has been discussed.

I feel like The Golden One is an outlier when it comes to public Nazis all being the worst example of the white race

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KomradeX posted:

I feel like The Golden One is an outlier when it comes to public Nazis all being the worst example of the white race

Maybe being Swedish, he holds himself to a higher standard of beauty.

Though in my defence, I still think he could use a hair cut.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

KomradeX posted:

to be fair if he's a racist it's probably more due to narcissism

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Whorelord posted:

to be fair if he's a racist it's probably more due to narcissism

That is true, but doesn't explain the rest of them having no chins

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

WampaLord posted:

People upload 65 years worth of video to YouTube every single day.

There is literally no way to have humans check every video that gets uploaded.

Nah, they can def have someone pull these popular channels down before it starts being reported on news agencies around the world. Daddy O Five for example has been known to abuse their kids for ad revenue for months on various reddit and youtube communities, posts about it even hit front page of reddit over 5 months ago.

Obviously they can't check every single video uploaded a day but I really do think they could hire someone to check out a channel when it has nearly a million subscribers, gets 3 million views a video and receives thousands of child abuse flags a day. Hell the video from Jan this year that caused a stink had the father push the 7 year old into a book shelf as well as the screaming.

It seems the only reports that ever get acted upon are copyright claims, wonder why that is.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Visidan posted:

It seems the only reports that ever get acted upon are copyright claims, wonder why that is.

Different legal requirements and regime.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Visidan posted:

mostly because a billion-dollar industry automated that process

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Reminder that Youtube is a site that hosts literal ISIS propaganda videos and calls for ethnic cleansings by active participants in an ongoing civil war.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Added Matt Ray Gun to the OP. If anyone wants to add more stuff about him, post it and I will.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBn7E9Ot5I

i can't tell if this is parody or not.:(

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
"The Alex Jones of Call of Duty"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

I mean, you never know, but the guy thanks Kindergarten Cop for teaching him his views on gender, so I'd lean on parody.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I mean, you never know, but the guy thanks Kindergarten Cop for teaching him his views on gender, so I'd lean on parody.

yeah that and some other poo poo made me question it. it seemed to "openly extream/self aware" to be real.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BillyBlanks posted:

Can we get a side by side comparison of a photo of you vs Armoured Skeptic or Shoe0nhead

He answered your challenge. Do you have the stones to do the same?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Somfin posted:

Memory serves the rules say it's a ban if he doesn't.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

SSNeoman posted:

Memory serves the rules say it's a ban if he doesn't.

I'm not sure what the rules are. I just posted the picture to show that dog, even though I found out after that the rule has since been rescinded (figured better safe than sorry since that was my first probation ever).

Still, it also has the added benefit of showing that a) I shave (or at least now keep a trimmed beard), and b) actually have my hair cut.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

mojo1701a posted:

I'm not sure what the rules are. I just posted the picture to show that dog, even though I found out after that the rule has since been rescinded (figured better safe than sorry since that was my first probation ever).

Still, it also has the added benefit of showing that a) I shave (or at least now keep a trimmed beard), and b) actually have my hair cut.

Dog rule is not in effect anymore, but that photo rule was a thing enforced in GBS and E/N. It was a sort of Toxx clause; if you asked for a photo of someone then you had to post your own as well or eat a ban. Helped curb shitposts.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Anyway back on track I found this fellowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFzMLZAXEM

It's sort of a beautiful microcosm of lovely alt-right stuff trying to look reasonable. Appeal to golden years (which is keeps being really vague about, if not completely changing minute per minute), glossing over decades of history to pin downfall on certain causes, "The Global Elite" (wink wink) etc. I think what engrosses me the most is it;s pacing, it;s got an almost narrative like ramping up, and how it;s logic goes from sounding kind of reasonable if you were a certain sort of idiot and then follows the logic to an insane endpoint: I could almost think of this an absurd parody if I didn't get sent it by pretending to listen to someone who thought jewish people were behind multiculturalism and immigration.

There's also a moment that made me laugh out loud a bit over nine minutes in. It's magical

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BillyBlanks posted:

I'm not sure what comparing him to cartoon avatars proves.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

Who What Now posted:

I'm not sure what comparing him to cartoon avatars proves.

They post videos of themselves irl all the time. Do you even watch these channels that you constantly complain about ?

And also no, I didn't toxx myself I just asked the guy to show why he feels so superior to these 'alt-right' youtubers physically.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
literally "do you even lift bro"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

BillyBlanks posted:

They post videos of themselves irl all the time. Do you even watch these channels that you constantly complain about ?

And also no, I didn't toxx myself I just asked the guy to show why he feels so superior to these 'alt-right' youtubers physically.

I never said I was superior. I was commenting that if you yourself are going to show yourself on camera, you could at least groom yourself. Have you seen Thunderf00t and The Amazing Atheist? I'm not saying that you need to be pretty to talk about it, but at least make some level of effort towards making yourself presentable.

Notice how I'm not the one on camera with unkempt hair complaining about how feminism is the greatest injustice since the Holocaust.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BillyBlanks posted:

I never even heard of the one nobody, and I don't need to be intimately familiar with ArmoredSkeptic's entire body of work to mock him for being a goober.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ManlyGrunting posted:

Anyway back on track I found this fellowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFzMLZAXEM

It's sort of a beautiful microcosm of lovely alt-right stuff trying to look reasonable. Appeal to golden years (which is keeps being really vague about, if not completely changing minute per minute), glossing over decades of history to pin downfall on certain causes, "The Global Elite" (wink wink) etc. I think what engrosses me the most is it;s pacing, it;s got an almost narrative like ramping up, and how it;s logic goes from sounding kind of reasonable if you were a certain sort of idiot and then follows the logic to an insane endpoint: I could almost think of this an absurd parody if I didn't get sent it by pretending to listen to someone who thought jewish people were behind multiculturalism and immigration.

There's also a moment that made me laugh out loud a bit over nine minutes in. It's magical

I'm really loving tired of the whole "GLOBALIST ELITE" bullshit. Dumb motherfuckers don't even know what globalism is.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Is Jordan Peterson worth anything? Seems like every white male between 20 and 30 years old around me watches him religiously.

edit: I'll add: this trend of intellectual/"debate" videos is goddamn awful. What happened to writing about your ideas? Why do I have to sit through 45 minutes of mouth breathing when I could just read a writeup of what you say in 10x less time?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm a white male between 20 and 30 years old and i don't understand how anyone can watch these sorts of videos considering how low the content to time ratio is, unless they're an adhd-addled middle schooler who can't digest more than a paragraph of information at a time without WACKY SMASH CUT and funny faces/noises in between

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

i'm a white male between 20 and 30 years old and i don't understand how anyone can watch these sorts of videos considering how low the content to time ratio is, unless they're an adhd-addled middle schooler who can't digest more than a paragraph of information at a time without WACKY SMASH CUT and funny faces/noises in between

it doesn't matter how little content there is so long as it affirms your opinions about politics and society while reinforcing the idea that you are a very smart person who does not need to change

basically reddit the audiobook

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

icantfindaname posted:

Agreed. If these speakers were actually good orators or used the audio/visual medium to its advantage, it'd be one thing. But they don't.

Also I think actual writing would force them to organize their thoughts better instead of hiding under the veneer of casual speech.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
why is this Chapo Trap House clip not in the op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-g6vhiX1I

I'm new to this thread, but I recently discovered Thunderf00t via his take down of the solar frieking roadways scam. I was intrigued, but when i watched more recent videos I was amazed on what I waled into. I had no idea there were so many people out there willing to put themselves on camera complaining about women in 2 hour long stream of consciousness manifestos.

Did all this spawn from gamer gate or was that just the point where much of this became a thing? I'll never understand the internet.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So when did Phil Defranco jump down the SJW baiting hole? He used to be a fairly decent "so here's some poo poo, I'm going to offer my inoffensive opinion on it" sort of white noise guy. I guess complaining about SJWs is the new white noise of youtube.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

why is this Chapo Trap House clip not in the op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-g6vhiX1I

I'm new to this thread, but I recently discovered Thunderf00t via his take down of the solar frieking roadways scam. I was intrigued, but when i watched more recent videos I was amazed on what I waled into. I had no idea there were so many people out there willing to put themselves on camera complaining about women in 2 hour long stream of consciousness manifestos.

Did all this spawn from gamer gate or was that just the point where much of this became a thing? I'll never understand the internet.

It's a bit older, started with the Internet Atheist community in terms of the style, a lot of the old guard (Amazing Athiest, thunderf00t) and the obsession with 'pwnage' over actual debate.

The rabid anti-feminism has been a undercurrent on the internet for a long time now, but it started galvanizing around the Elevatorgate fiasco within the Atheist community (And 4chan/reddit outside of it), then first started bubbling over with Feminist Frequency before going full blown shitstorm with Goobergate.

Obviously that's glossing over a lot of poo poo, but it was a long time coming. GG was just the push it needed for the more rabid to go large.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BillyBlanks posted:

Why do you feel entitled to judge another person's physical appearance, Billy?

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

GamerGate was a compaction cycle for the many factions in the Male Supremacy umbrella. That level of poo poo existed before, but mostly as a loose collection of unfuckable nerds trading tips, reassuring each other that they're not the only unfuckable ones out there, and whining about how minorities and women have so many more rights and privileges than white men. GG forced a lot of them to take a side on the matter of women in their favourite media, specifically "should we drive them out," and as a result the remaining movement is now smaller but harder, and much, much louder.

E: ElevatorGate was the big one for the Rationalists and Internet Athiests, GamerGate was the big one for MRAs and PUAs and their affiliate network of bullshit artists.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

Agreed. If these speakers were actually good orators or used the audio/visual medium to its advantage, it'd be one thing. But they don't.

Also I think actual writing would force them to organize their thoughts better instead of hiding under the veneer of casual speech.

This is extremely evidenced in the debate between Sargon and Kristi Winters; put them on the same playing field as actual academics and the facade crumbles.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Speaking of Thunderf00t.. I've actually accidentally came upon his Twitter account and he was... berating alt-right dudes for using Nazi imagery.

On one hand, I'd really like to believe that means there's hope he might eventually stop with his rabid anti-feminist stuff, but on the other hand, there's no logical reason to assume that and he probably won't.

I'm probably too soft on terrible people.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Speaking of Thunderf00t.. I've actually accidentally came upon his Twitter account and he was... berating alt-right dudes for using Nazi imagery.

On one hand, I'd really like to believe that means there's hope he might eventually stop with his rabid anti-feminist stuff, but on the other hand, there's no logical reason to assume that and he probably won't.

I'm probably too soft on terrible people.

Eh, the fact that there are some alt-right/gamergate/whatever people who aren't Literal Nazis isn't really much of a defense.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
There's also the rather cynical reality that they know they can't call themselves nazis even if much of their ideology can be easily mistaken for fascism. They're pretty dumb because they believe in a feminist conspiracy to destroy all white males, but they're smart enough to not actually be recorded as on the side of nazism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Do you think there will be a mass exodus to twitch tv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn46t8NksX0

• Locked thread