Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

lol eat poo poo you fat retard pedant from swindon.
Hes definitely a far leftist though, because he always says so. Even though he constantly lambasts the left and now openly supported a fascist over a centrist.

Jack Gladney posted:

I've never made it to the end of a Sarg video and I can't imagine ever doing so.
He spends like two hours reaching a point that can be shot down in seconds with even a basic level of reading in the subject that hes talking about. I couldn't even watch his debate with Kristi Winters because I actually felt embarrassed for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

blowfish posted:

pretty sure sargon thinks "antifa" is synonymous with "anyone who shows up masked to a protest and/or general event drawing crowds and does a violence"
I think hes actually dumber than that. I think hes trying to say "if you think about it, fascists and anti-fascist are the same thing".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

The hateful comments from Gamergate's mixture of men's rights advocates and overlapping alt-right guys led me to this lovely chap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-R4azKhwZM
I can never be too sure if these things are parodies or not, especially when he seems to have a packet of Uncle Bens microwavable rice on the shelf in the background.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its a nice video to keep around though, just to use every time you see someone claiming that Carlgon is far-left.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

WampaLord posted:

To me, the thing separating these YouTube alt right types from actual danger is the lack of call to action. Most of them just rant, rant, rant and never propose that their viewers actually do anything, because doing stuff is caring and caring isn't cool.

Like, be thankful for the overwhelming sense of apathy that plagues the younger generation.

Hey now, let's not forget Carl's valiant call to "petition universities".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its pretty funny how hes demanding an apology over this too, given that I'm pretty sure that he never apologised to Poppy Noor.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

You're such a tease, I thought someone would have posted a three hour video up about it already. Maybe even a shorter one by Paul Joseph Watson where he talks about how this proves that hes correct in his choice to stay in his room all day.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

PiCroft posted:

his pompous high-horsing about "middle-class bourgeois elites" is rather hard to swallow from a man who, if his patreon income stays roughly constant between now and next April, will have a yearly income of ~50k or so.
If theres one thing the British middle class loves to do, its to moan about the British middle class. I seriously doubt hes had as hard a life as hes made out either. Bullshitting about how hard you had it is also another British middle class thing.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

aware of dog posted:

The game he's referring to isn't made by Notch, it's called The Last Night and it's made by a big gamergater. He described the game as being about a future where "progressivism has spiraled out of control."

E:^^ Jesus, no wonder no one likes him
This sounds like it could be really funny in all the wrong ways though. Right now I'm just picturing a story about a guy trying to overthrow a government so he can say the n-word without judgement. The epilogue is him sexually harassing his love interest in an elevator.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

bessantj posted:

And all I could think was that they make constant videos about her because they're empty vessels and their followers are massive cry babies when it comes to video games.
And its because they don't actually believe anything, they just exist in opposition to a liberal establishment that they mislabel as leftist.

Feminist Frequency has been spectacular for them, without Anita they'd lose a to endlessly moan about without actually having to think about it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I find it easier believing that the pyramids were invented by aliens or something than believing that Sargon has ever had sex.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

business hammocks posted:

Better send a swat team to Anita Sarkeesian's house over it. There were some serious factual inaccuracies in her account of Princess Toadstool's role in Mario World.
Just did this and the Anita found out and called the police on me. Shes harassing me and should be called out for it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

I heard she called you a Garbage Person as well, better get on Twitter and try and incite another lynch mob.
That loving bitch oval office, I'll teach her for using ad-hominems on me.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

I saw another debate video with Destiny and Sargon, and holy poo poo, Sargon is SIGNIFICANTLY dumber than I gave him credit for.

The subject of the welfare state came up, which was in the context of why Black people are so goddamned lazy. Sargon, despite claiming to be "liberal" on the idea of a social safety net, nonetheless thinks it should be scaled back because according to him, too people are taking advantage of it. How many people? Sargon didn't go into specifics, but he wanted to assure Destiny (as well as the audience) that it was A LOT. And what study or report did he use to come to this conclusion? His own life experience! See, Sargon knows "lots" of people who take advantage of welfare, and that's pretty much the end of that. Case closed. Forever.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I still was. Sargon's a dummy, but he's also pretty much the intellectual head of the MRA movement. As such, I would figure he would at the very least resort to some bullshit study from some right-wing think tank like the Heritage Foundation, or hell, even Breitbart. But no, he just straight up offered nothing but anecdotal evidence and thought that was more than enough to prove his point. Like, loving seriously dude? Seriously? :psyboom:
Something that I've noticed more and more is that people don't feel the need to explain their positions intellectually or through factual or statistical evidence when it comes to certain things because the culture already agrees with them. In the UK you've got such a widespread amount of media attention on "benefit fraudsters" that people don't feel compelled provide evidence that it is in fact widespread

"Just read in the Express that this bloke from Romania came over here and hes been given 400k a week on benefits and was given a mansion and a pliant and beautiful young English wife to create children with and he doesn't even speak the language and also graduated from the Brasov College of Pick-Pocketing and Building Below Minimum Wage".

Maybe thats why I find people like Farage, Tommy Robinson and Sargon just so utterly tedious to listen to; they sound like absolutely every single right wing media outlet, and if you can fall back on them then who gives a poo poo about the actual reality of the situation? But of course, they're the underdogs saying what no one else wants to say.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjtc0zD-y4

I hear this guy is crazy but credit where it's due, he called out the bullshit.
Carl doesn't call out any specific journalist in the same way he doesn't petition any particular university.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

CNN should grow the gently caress up.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The only correct position is "Trump retweeted a shitpost and CNN got really offended and overreacted. Ultimately everyone is stupid and this shouldn't be a thing, we should just laugh it off and move on with our lives".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Maybe you'll be able to tell me how CNN overreacted since Pitts Lambic can't.
I've been insulted about a billion times on the internet since I first started using it as a teenager and I have not once felt the urge to track that person down because I let that poo poo go because who cares. I've grown into a more mature human being than anyone that runs CNN apparently.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

WampaLord posted:

You are also not a news organization that reports on news.

They didn't do it out of spite. It became news, thus they reported on it.

Imagine how weird it would be for every other network to cover this story and CNN just does nothing.
Its not like they had only one option available to them. They had a multitude of them and chose one of the worst ones.

This world is utterly loving insane. You have the dumbest man on the planet becoming the most powerful man on the planet and he retweets a poorly edited wrestling gif and everyone loses their minds.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

A recently-elected member of congress bodyslams a reporter for asking about the current healthcare bill.

And some of you dipshit motherfuckers are upset that CNN asked someone who made a gif suggesting they deserve being punched about why he dislikes them?

Are you sure it's CNN who lost their minds?
He bodyslammed the reporter the day before the election...and then got elected. You've been a regular in the Marxist Thread (UKMT bruv) for long enough now to know that these examples are a reflection of where American political culture is right now rather than just freak one-off incidents. So picking a side doesn't make any sense to me, because there is no good side. All I can do is just look at it and try to form an understanding of how we got to this point and start to think about how we dig ourselves out of this hole, because the world is hosed up and its not helped by burning energy on the president re-tweeting a shitpost.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

I live in NYC. My vote literally doesn't matter here, and I find it irritating when self-important people get indignant and mad at me for not caring about Hilary's already landslide victory in my city and thus choosing to not vote at all this election. Swing state? Sure, I'd vote for that awful candidate. Might even personally feel obligated to. But the angrier and more oppressive people become over MY VOTE the less I and many others give a poo poo about the whole process.

"Why didn't you vote my way!!??!!"

Get hosed.
Heh, I live in a constituency in the UK which has been solidly Tory since its creation in 1974. In fact, the lowest voting share that they ever got in that seat was 48.3%. Yet when I voted Green in 2015 I was told by multiple people that I pissed my vote away, even though its obviously impossible to put another party on that seat without a massive change in demographic mixed with a well co-ordinated and funded campaign. Then again, I've also been told I wasted my vote in 2010 when I voted Green in Brighton...even though they won that seat.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

We are bad for not engaging people like Sargon as intellectual equals because

https://twitter.com/dvoeverie/status/884606058618134528

Given how much of the alt right came out swinging for Milo, people should think twice about letting them anywhere near children.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I'm not defending what he said i'm just pointing out that there is a reason he is so hosed up in the head
We loving know. We can empathise with him without it turning into sympathy for what hes advocating, which is a concept that right-wingers find difficult to understand.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

He's too out of shape for manual labour, they'd use him as food instead.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mildly curious to see Carl's take on the new Doctor Who. I'm sure it won't be sexist like his detractors assume.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Forgall posted:

It's called Hatreon. And no, they are not capable of having "are we the baddies" moment.

Quick, lets test their credentials and see if they'll let Chapo advertise on there

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

What year are you in at school?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Reception

I am loving the Biff, Chip and Kipper books
So you're a teenager or someone in their twenties that still wishes they were a teenager.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Fados posted:

Antifa groups as they exist today dont disincentivize poo poo, they actually function as a raison dêtre for prospective nazies, galvanizing them through a clear enemy and providing a semi socially justifiable channel to express themselves through violence in street brawls.
Fascists already have their clear enemy in the form of minority groups. The reason they go on their marches is to intimidate those groups through a show of numbers. Antifa are the response to that, and they do so by responding with larger numbers in solidarity with the communities that are being targetted by fascists. This approach has actually worked out pretty well in the UK.

They're fascists for christs sake. Their whole ideology is centred around beating your chest at some idea of an external enemy. If Antifa didn't exist, they would still do their marches.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

For a moment I thought that it was a joke because I've seen a few people deliberately include a dodgy browser history as a joke, but that is far too realistic and understandable that it has to be true.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rkajdi posted:

Well, looks like getting the ADL on board is having the desired effect of starving the trash people on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8HJrr4-7B8

Paul Joseph Watson is calling it a day, at least temporarily. His quitting video is his newest work for two weeks, so maybe the shitbag means it. And if demonetization is happening to alt-right stuff, I expect it to disappear pretty quickly off the site. People are fine yelling crazy and making bank, but the second they are doing it for free they start losing interest.
PJW could be talking about a full proof way of achieving full communism and I'd still think "christ, what a wanker".

Edit; Actually, he doesn't seem that different from "centrists". Moaning about the lack of free speech on a privately owned platform and then talking about the "fight" when he by admission never leaves his house, which means his only form of political engagement is to post on social media and YouTube.

Gorn Myson fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 29, 2017

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rkajdi posted:

Yeah, centrism and bug gently caress crazy alt-right (he's an Info Wars contributor) are exactly the same.
Yep, I'm glad you agree with me

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

"Radical Centrist" is far more useful as it very definitely means someone who is an idiot.
Easiest way to stump a centrist is to ask them to put forward a policy that they would like to see implemented.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Who What Now posted:

People keep saying he's satirical. What exactly is he satirising?
Hes pretends to be racist! All of his questionable comments are actually just ironic in an attempt to trigger a news media that only provides fake news!

Thats pretty much what it boils down to.

To be honest, the weirdest thing for me out of all of this are the people who think that sitting around recording yourself playing video games all day is a noble, hardworking job.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

"Noble" is goofy sounding but if someone does well for themselves streaming or doing LPs or whatever, should they stop and work something miserable instead? I mean even on the point of "hardworking", if you're not DSP level, recording a screen with a camcorder and making GBS threads unedited footage out onto youtube, you've probably put money and effort into setting up and testing around with better equipment, you've learned or are learning to edit videos properly, making sure the sound is actually nice to listen to and is leveled right, like you're not digging ditches but constantly recording, editing, coming up with worthwhile commentary or at least cultivating some kind of likable shtick, all of that isn't effortless either. And no this isn't a defense of the dumb turds that act like it's actually the hardest job in the world or anything.
Well thats good, because its those dumb turds that I was attacking in the first place.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Someday the bottom is going to fall out of this craze and a lot of these guys are going to have to explain a multiyear gap in employment history.

"Yeah I was jerking off and playing video games! That qualifies me for a position in management right?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKQyPfN6s88

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If I was in a pub and I got chatting to someone and I asked them what they did for a living, and they replied "oh I sit in front of a camera and play video games all day, you friend of the family", I'd probably think they were worthless regardless of how much they earn.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

hmmm hate to break it to you but the gop has been a white nationalist party since goldwater. the alt right exists thanks to the republican party.
Yep. The alt-right are Republicans who have broken kayfabe.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've just started replying with equally offensive things about them and then deflecting it by half heartedly saying "just kidding!". They tend not to like that, but its fun to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Disagree, hbomberguy has a pathological hatred of disabled people. He regularly uses the disabled toilet (and doesn't wipe the seat after peeing all over it) and only ever parks in disabled parking spaces...sideways.

• Locked thread