Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

blowfish posted:

His newest show is piss garbage though, it's "let's spout off a list of science facts for people with an attention span shorter than a gold fish". Yeah you have to dumb down things but unlike Cosmos he didn't do it well.

Honestly it was the slower pacing that was bugging me. He basically invented the hyperactive smash cut style of Youtube, the new show is kinda dry. It's got some great moments here and there like when he does his rants about the poltiical implication of whatever science he's on about, or any of the documentary field stuff, but I don't think Netflix has a team that can make a "night show" style program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
So bad news, one of the members of Skeptic Feminist may have killed someone, there's a lot of drama going on right now, and this going to be a shitstorm. It's not Haley from the channel is about all that's known but there's a gently caress tun of rumors flying around right now.

They're going to get nasty.

https://medium.com/@_Amora_/feminist-youtuber-the-skeptic-feminist-arrested-for-allegedly-killing-a-woman-in-colorado-a0796f4bd958

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

boner confessor posted:

who is this and why does anyone care

One of the hosts of the better YouTube channels, they generally were hosting Contra's debates for them, they seemed like all right people.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I will admit about HBomberguy's videos is that, while they're good at owning dumb Youtubers, it's a little cringeworthy when he does that "obviously forcing himself to act like he's laughing a bunch" thing. Like I get that he's trying to indicate that the clip he just showed (or whatever) is so dumb/bad that it warrants a bunch of laughing, but it's really obviously being forced on his part.

I just assumed people who have weird hobbies like mocking broken people on the interent have weird laughs. Like sometimes it feels forced, but only ever strange in a way that fits the overall strangeness of his videos.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

How was that only a minute long, something about his style made that feel like it took ages.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Somfin posted:

If I'm not mistaken it was invented to describe people who espouse leftist views in public but vote Tory every time.

I'm pretty sure that's mixed up, where it's people who do the bare minimum like vote labor, and do nothing else politically active ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I've said it before, but all the dweeby rear end MRAs and net-nazis that can't ever stop blabbing about how hard they took the redpill bro, just make me laugh after all the good pieces made about trans themes and overtones in The Matrix.

I recently just realized the pill in Total Recall that would put Arnie back to sleep so he could lead his comfortable lie of a life was also called the Red Pill. PKD really goes out of his way to inspire predictions that no one has any right to be making.

• Locked thread