Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So I sometimes browse Reddit when I'm bored and have noticed recently that a lot of stuff from /r/pussypassdenied is making the front page. It's basically guys who seem to love looking for instances where you might be justified in hitting a woman (Usually it's some gif where she hits first), and talking about it like female on male violence is some horrible epidemic that nobody talks about. How long has this particular one been going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I only noticed them when /r/pussypassdenied poo poo started showing up on the front page. Looking through when really bored turned out to be a real mistake.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sephyr posted:

Does it ever dry up, though? Look at Savage, LaRouche, David Duke, Art Bell. All still going, just getting meaner and crazier.

These groups are fiercely loyal once they get a figurehead. Your greater visibility may wax or wane, but as long as you stay crazy and loud, there is a bottom floor of support and income you pretty much can't go below. Especially now that crowdfunding is a thing.
Youtube celebrity is a little more fickle though. Sadgon probably will be on the dole in 10 years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

PiCroft posted:

Sargon did some kind of live stream to "investigate" Macron's leaked emails the night before the French election. I am feeling no small amount of satisfaction that his preferred (fash) candidate got owned.
Can Sadgon even speak French? I wouldn't try to "investigate" their election if I couldn't.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody a ways up the thread mentioned that Jordan has been pretty quiet since it kind of dawned on him how much he's hosed up his life. Pity it took this much to get it across but that's the way it is.

Edit: Al Lowe is the only one who talked to him and that's probably because Al Lowe doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on most of the time. He kickstarted another remake of LSL1 a few years back with another ex-Sierra guy by the name of Paul Trowe. Trowe is a whacky rear end in a top hat who outed another Sierra alum as trans on Twitter, and then later git in legal trouble for showing a 15 year old girl indecent images.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 11, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lazy Game Reviews is a good channel but he mostly focuses on old games. He seems to know what's toxic and stays far away from it.

Gggmanlives is alright most of the time but gets into anti-SJW poo poo on occasion. I used to be all for making fun of them too but then Nazis ruined that and everyone who isn't completely insane is an SJW in their opinion. He's reviewed racist Doom mods before and the general response is that they're horrible but tongue in cheek so don't get upset. I think a better attitude would be to just ignore them no matter how much your fans beg. The Doom mod community is much better at policing itself than just about any other, it's 4Chan offshoots that are producing this poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I knew a kid who wore overalls to school prrtty often, and had foamy patches on them. One time he decided that I hadn't gotten enough of the meat of some chicken wings and proceeded to grab them and start sucking whatever he could off of them. I don't have high hopes for how the last 10 years have treated him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

blowfish posted:

I still laugh every time someone self-identifies as a ~*~gamer~*~.

No poo poo, people including me like wasting a lot of time on games, but basing your whole identity on ~~~ I play computer games ~~~ instead of just saying "gaming is my hobby" is dumb and sad and you should seek professional help.
"Gamer" makes me think of a screechy voiced 13 year old screaming the n-word at strangers. Thus I avoid identifying myself as such.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

hbomberguy is probably the one you're thinking of. He tried to upload a video about how Sherlock sucks, presumably the BBC one? But it was blocked because copyright stuff.

Was very disappointed. As a fan of Jeremy Brett Sherlock, I never did like the new one.
It's up now and is almost 2 hours long. I thought the last couple of seasons were really dumb so I'll probably like this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

This makes me thing a Four Lions remake done with skinheads would be a worthwhile picture to make.
I'd make it a lot meaner though. With the exception of Barry most of the characters got a somewhat sympathetic portrayal.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of the more recent books to come out shows Hux as a kid and makes him out to be a wimp who is routinely abused by his dad. He's probably more hosed in the head than Kylo is since he was the one who wanted to kill a bunch of planets the most.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We're coming up on the 10th anniverary of Aurini's first video on Youtube, which features his dumb skull. Uploaded on June 14th 2007, right around the time I graduated from high school, and Davey hasn't experienced any personal growth at all in that time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lovechop posted:

will be hard to beat this one

Looks like you'll be able to fights Klansmen too. I can't wait.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm hoping they took notes from Doom 2016. The New Order feels quite a bit lesser when you compare the two.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Midig posted:

My favorite line. "People want to be Roosh".
I'd rather never get laid again than be anything like that monster.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This is SA where we make fun of a guy for carrying a printet two miles to a girl's house but the world would be a much better place if that's how Roosh would have turned out, instead of whatever exactly the gently caress he is now. Sadsack beats creapy rape proponent any day.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some people just are never going to budge if all you do is go at them with "torture is unethical" arguments. Its ineffectiveness is how you hit people who like to pretend that they're being rational. "If it doesn't work then why are we doing it? Maybe you're just an idiot who loves violence for its own sake?"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I only have a vague understanding of what Drunken Peasants is. Is there some sort of controversy going on there right now? They seem to have locked a bunch of poo poo down recently.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Is that why they're also so against the teaching of consent? Because that provides an easy way to figure out whether you're allowed to have sex with someone.
But man like the real world is more complicated than like your classroom. There's more ways to provide consent than verbally. Like there was this one girl who passed out drunk behind a dumpster and that was clearly her way of saying she was into me.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What exactly is Joe Rogan's appeal? People always want to act like he's actually insightful or something, but every time I've heard him say anything it's been dumb as gently caress

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If my parents ever caught me dropping the n-word I'd probably still be grounded. Playing vidya would not have been considered a valid excuse.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

temple posted:

He's going to lawyer but lol if you pdp won't bitch endlessly about it. You see how he acted about the (((washington post))).
Pretty sure it's the WSJ he's upset at. For an article 4 years ago.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd be cool with Maoris beating Joe Rogan into a coma.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Honestly it's a better apology than I was expecting out of him. Still used the "If anyone was offended.." cop out.

Mike Matei's 10 year old racist comics were dug up recently but apparently he's not a big enough deal so he ignored it and the controversy just went away.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't know if it's really centrism so much as the big Youtubers being cowards who are afraid the easy life they've carved out will vanish if they criticize somebody with a big fan base.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

"Sorry if you were offended" isn't really an apology
It's honestly more than I was expecting. Also "I'm an idiot" at least gets to the root of the problem even though it's not an adequate excuse.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A good video game has a lot of staying power and the hard work of the developer will live on for a long time. PewDiePie might he king of the shitheap when it comes to game streamers but I doubt anybody is going to be talking about him in 20 years.

Edit: I feel perfectly comfortable classifying someone's hobby as worthless. I think speedrunning SM64 12 hours a day is pretty loving stupid. If you can get enough people to pay you to do it then what does it matter what I think? I just happen to think that jusy about any other job you can have has more value to society. Keep in mind I classify people who do actual game reviews that involve editing and not screaming the n-word separately from streamers.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 13, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The worst submarine posted:

hm i feel like you have a good post but presented in the wrong format, maybe you could film yourself in a costume and link it here?
Maybe pay some guys to hold up a sign that says som....

What gets me about all the excuses for the sign, which all boil down to "He's just demonstrating how crazy this is!", is he could have done that without resorting to racist humor. He could have paid them to hold up a crude drawing of a cock, or maybe just the word "penis" if that's too on the nose. But no, he chose "Kill all Jews" because he's a loving moron.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Someday the bottom is going to fall out of this craze and a lot of these guys are going to have to explain a multiyear gap in employment history.

"Yeah I was jerking off and playing video games! That qualifies me for a position in management right?"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Refried Hero posted:

Well, if the content still exists online, you could always say you worked on video/audio editing during that time, hoping to break big. Like, this isn't some crazy gotcha you seem to think it is if you have the content still and aren't a total shitlord as part of that content.
Editing is too hard. They mostly just scream at jumpscares and crack jokes. Also, considering what passes for humor among this set you might not want to show a potential employer what your content looks like.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

How many streamers actually do much editing out of maybe trimming for time? Or inserting funny sound effects because JonTron won't stop using racial slurs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think kids past age 9 or so can handle most violence just fine unless it's torture or rape or something like that.

• Locked thread