Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Forceholy posted:

Only if the Reddit brass gave a gently caress. There are anti-hate subreddits that have been calling for the prosecution and prohibition on hate speech on Reddit for ages and they are met with silence from the administration. I don't care how many tennis players the founders marry; Their silence is advocacy for these groups.

They're pretty much tacitly advocating for those people now; "bash the fash" gets you reddit's equivalent of a hell-banning for inciting violence, but then you can find actual calls for murder and shootings in all the lovely alt-right subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

Rough guesstimate, how many YouTube gaming channels are out there that aren't explicitly misogynistic and racist? Every single big channel I click on takes about 2 videos before they start making TRIGGERED jokes and making fun of feminists.

The only one I really know of off the top of my head is Cinemassacre, which is probably the most sweet and pure channel on YouTube

Anything involving Justin or Griffin McElroy on Polygon; them along with their middlest brother Travis have made a podcast family that's pretty big on inclusion

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

bessantj posted:

One thing I've noticed about quite a few of these 'intellectuals' they tend to take 30 minutes where 5-10 would have been more than enough. Is there a reason for this other than they're gibbering wrecks?

Nerds have conflated length of something to quality. "How can a post about how black people are subhuman be wrong? Look at all of the sources! (ignore that the sources are full of poo poo)" is a really common thing on reddit. Like 40 godawful biased, manipulated stories means that something is automatically correct.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

This might be obvious, or :thejoke: but I thought he was saying weed makes you ugly, and trans people are ugly, so weed makes you look trans.

jokes on them, i was already ugly before smoking weed and figuring things out about myself

• Locked thread