Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

and since you have set up an environment where it is not racist to overstate the effects of racism but is in fact racist to understate the effects of racism, overstatement will inevitably happen and it will be racist to question that overstatement

You are just being willfully dense and ignoring that what he meant obviously was "Denying established and demonstrable effects of racism". That defending any single imaginable effect of racism does not make someone racist, and that it only applies to demonstrable facts is self-evident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

it shaun posted:

Everyone in the thread is talking about you, though, well done. That means you're winning the argument.

Isn't this thread about piling up on internet "smart people" who use lame straw mans and pedantry as a means to "win" arguments in the first place? It started off as a derail, but I think this is turning kinda beautifully self-sustaining at this point. So as someone who normally just lurks around, I don't really mind.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 17, 2017

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sHB2v5yl2E

David Pakman interviews that Google guy. I'm watching it right now, only a few minutes in, but he seems to be bragging that left-wing networks refused to invite him on their shows because he would make them look bad. :lol:

around 21:35: "I have more expertise in this than the people at Google doing the diversity programs". :psyduck:

I keep getting amazed at how much he has no idea how Google operates.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The fact that Mr. Metokur was let in to do his trolling bullshit should tell you all you need to know about the level of discourse in there.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

I have to give that one dude who says women shouldn't be working some credit for totally open honesty, despite having at least two female fellow right-wingers on at the same time.

No, I don't even give him that. I mean, come on: "We don't want to FORCE women out of the workforce, we just want to teach all women that their place is at home. Stop misrepresenting us!". Really? That's just weak in all sense of the term.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

That douche that was fired from Google for arguing that women are genetically pre-disposed to sucking at hard sciences (well, at least, compared to males) blames the fact that he's autistic and the Guardian helps provide a non-critical outlet for him:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/16/james-damore-google-memo-interview-autism-regrets

Letting him run his mouth uninterrupted is doing him plenty of damage to be honest. All his introspection amounts to "I'm sorry my choice of words offended people, but I stand by what I said", and I don't see this article helping him in any way shape or form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Goon Danton posted:

Have we talked about Peter Coffin in here? He's another example of the left's hegemony over pointless non-STEM activities like "writing a script before you shoot your video" and "editing your video before you post it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eijYEYzAQu0

I found the video decent if a little shallow considering how pervassive the subject is, however...

202K subscribers and 2-10K views per video, what the hell is going on here?

• Locked thread