Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Shaun is the perfect antidote to the pomposity of the YouTube skeptics. His calm skewering of Stefan Molyneux's bullshit about the fall of Rome is a particular highlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
You make some good videos, Shaun.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Attacking Sargon for his (possible) lack of formal education would just reinforce his supporters image of him as a sane voice speaking truth to the ivory tower leftist SJW cultural Marxo-bots.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I'm surprised they didn't go with Lauren Southern rather than Coulter.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Jim is who the shitlords would lionise if they actually gave a single poo poo about ethics in videogame journalism.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Is there a Star Wars equivalent of Godwin's law?

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I've never heard anyone be able to inject as much venom into their voice as Kraut and Tea.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I think that people like Sargon know that someone's culture and upbringing play a major part in shaping their patterns of thinking and formulating opinions... It's just that they think people are dumb assholes for letting that influence them. They're not Enlightened and Objective and Correct, like me!

It's essentially a South Park-esque exaggeration of what people think "identity politics" is - if anything from someone's life experiences or cultural identity affects any of their opinions or actions, they're big stupid idiot dummies and letting emotions cloud their judgment.

It's part of their "purely logical" schtick - any outside influence is automatically bad, because it interferes with the Calm Rational Actor within all of us.

I think it's also a convenient blindness, because otherwise they'd have to countenance the possibility of political or cultural changes to improve the situation, which is anathema to a ~classic liberal~.

For them, the answer to "why are disproportionate numbers of young black men in prison?" ends with "because young black men are deciding to commit more crimes". Any further discussions of poverty and structural racism would disintegrate their paper-thin philosophy.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I think the video's gone back up.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
They love stuff like this happening as it helps them justify their self-image as cultural underdogs fighting the tyrannical SJW consensus.

Milo Yiannopoulos didn't even bother hiding his glee when he finally got booted off twitter.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010

Glazier posted:

gently caress you, HBomb is a goddamn saint

That's as maybe but he also thinks the Star Wars prequels are good films.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Is there a comprehensive rebuttal to the alt right/race realist IQ stuff? I’ve read enough over the years to know it’s bollocks but it’s be satisfying to read or watch someone tearing it to shreds.

Every time Stefan Molyneux blithely talks about the flow of people from a “high IQ” country to a “low IQ” country I have to go for an angry walk.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Thanks for the links guys, exactly what I was looking for.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
His reaction to a generic request for feedback on a company’s diversity policy was to pen a manifesto detailing why women are biologically less prepared to be programmers than men. That alone should suffice as a diagnosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Where does this stuff about PJW not leaving his house come from?

• Locked thread