Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Forceholy posted:

If I remember correctly, she did serve in the Israeli military before she started the channel with Ethan. Maybe it's a habit from her service?

Pretty sure military service is compulsory in Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

mojo1701a posted:

You mean Jordan Owen? I thought he had a sort of breakdown or something and just stopped doing videos or something.

I might be wrong as I don't follow them with the same fervour as they follow Anita Sarkeesian.

Almost makes me want to do spoof videos of me ranting about something stupid in a bathtub or on a couch.

Might mean Matt Fourney?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

PiCroft posted:

. Something to do with dapper, top hats, logic, reason etc.

The Logical Top Hat.

And your Photoshopped Avatar video stand in can be a Top Hat with a monocle and a mouth.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Codex Occultus posted:

You have no idea how shocked I was to learn a youtuber called "Northern Lion" wasn't from Manchester.

:canada: represent! :woop:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Also, these guys are loving morons, and probably string together multiple cuts, or read blatantly off a script, or both, and just recording audio makes it easier to splice together the poo poo they want to use. So it's cowardly AND lazy!

Look up Rocking Mr. E if you want what happens when you read off a script live.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Archer666 posted:

Personally I don't care enough about cape comic books to analyze the sales, but it didn't seem all that farfetched to me that Marvels sales would drop when they stopped targeting their biggest demographic: The old comic book nerd guard. The people who are more interested in seeing their favorite characters doing the same poo poo over and over and over again, never doing anything new.

The reason I stopped following comics from The Big Two is because those twits couldn't get an issue out on time to save their souls. A brand new series that was supposed to publish every two months took 6 months to get two issues out. They're really really bad at being comic companies.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

quote:

No one in his sane mind would watch his material on Youtube and come to the conclusion that he committed a hate crime.” SkepTorr said. “[Many Israelis and Jews] do not like false flagging. It makes us look really bad and just creates resentment towards us.”
That's not what a false flag is. That's not even close to what a false flag is. It's being over-zealous.

I also like how the guy charged is considering applying for asylum in the US.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

little munchkin posted:

the prank/social experiment people are very clearly trying to stoke racial tensions by pretending that the black people in their videos are "from the hood" and not just paid actors doing something stereotypical or reacting to the host saying something racist to their face

the dog guy is clearly not trying to stoke racial tensions because it's just him and his dog and holy poo poo why on earth is anyone getting offended by that for reasons besides it not being funny. isn't there shitloads of open racism in britain towards muslims and pakistanis? why not get angry over that instead?

There's no such thing as "okay Nazism", even if it's just in private and only a little Nazi-ish.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WrenP-Complete posted:

Does this person prefer he/him pronouns? I was wondering.

From what I understood, while yes, Contra enjoys the confusion, they are not transgendered, and simply enjoys uh...cross-dressing? Dressing against type? :sigh: I forget the proper term. Help please?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I really want to be on her side because she was a super important figure to me when I was grappling with my queer identity, but dating Ray Gun Chris is uh ... an interesting development.

Unless something new comes to light, I doubt she's a TERF, but dating Chris tells me she's not been genuine in her positions, because everything I've seen about him paints him as a colossal piece of poo poo. Not quite Roosh V, but close.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

it shaun posted:

I'm on it! I just helped Hbomberguy write a script for one that should be out in a couple of days hopefully.

Ugh, I guess this means I should watch more of your videos now!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I have literally never read anyone supporting a global capital who wasn't also a conspiracy nut.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Who What Now posted:

Haha, Hbomb looks so awkward, I want to pinch his adorably boyish cheeks.

I love that shirt he's got. So, when's the video with all 4 of them coming out?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's really hosed up that Boxxy turned out to be super lovely.

Is Sh0eonhead actually Boxxy? I always thought that was just people making jokes.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Carl looks a lot like Slowbeef in that picture. Is Slowbeef secretly alt-right?!?!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Holy poo poo dc is bad at movies

Wonder Woman is legit good, somehow. Doubly surprised because Zach Snyder co-wrote and co-produced it.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Maluco Marinero posted:

There are plenty of male characters that fall into "broken Mary Sue fanfic" mode. Who cares?

I care about the male and female characters that fall in to that, because they make for shallow movies. Shallow movies can be fun don't get me wrong (Die Hard gently caress yeah!), but since there's fewer movies with female leads, it's more pronounced when they're Mary Sues.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Why isn't this man wearing a shirt?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

poo poo like this makes me want to drink but as history major, i should have seen this poo poo coming. once awful pieces of poo poo/events start reciding from living memory,

As a copyeditor, it's "receding."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Monglo posted:

Also, pretty sure Rogan doesn't believe moon landing was a hoax

He did, now he doesn't know. There's a clip on YouTube about it. Rogan's a fun guy, but a complete and utter moron. My shoe has more functioning brain cells than him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A584kiFqBBI

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
ETA: ^^^same question to you

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Can I distort reality to give me a girlfriend :(

Real question: do you get off on the idea that people think you're garbage scum?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

rkajdi posted:

Isn't that the profile for Randy Weaver or the Unibomber? I mean, the whole mountain person who wants to be crazy and alone in the wilderness doesn't exactly have a great ending profile for regular society.

Unabomber didn't want to be left alone, he wanted society to stop using technology.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dreylad posted:

Seriously what the gently caress are you doing CNN, I get he's an anti-semetic racist scumbag but seriously

gently caress off, both CNN *and* the dude both said that last line was just poorly phrased and neither of them took it as a threat.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

yeah, i'd be less inclined to shift the discussion if there was actual mockery going on of youtube intellectuals, rather than goons just being really angry/sad about them

Then stop derailing poo poo, you waste of Carbon.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Are you saying Sexual Abuse victims don't try to rationalize the sexual abuse they received at the hands of an abuser as a positive thing?

That's not even close to what he said. What he said was people who were ostensibly not abuse victims came out in support of a statement that was pro-abuse.

...Is English your fifth language? Because if so, I can see how you'd so massively misread it. Otherwise, you're either a moron or ...nah, I think that's the only option.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

that was the moment when i realized that poo poo, people need to just calm down

No, because calm people just let things happen. Anger motivates people.

Your little story would be more effective if you weren't telling a gay person to not be afraid of the people who literally said they want to remove his rights. You are the Nazi sympathizer telling a Jew that being moved to a ghetto isn't that bad. You're an rear end in a top hat and should be loving ashamed of yourself that you think you come off well in that story.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

nobody in this thread has ever pointed to any of the videos in question

i find myself increasingly doubting that said videos exist

how can you keep failing so drastically for so many pages

making wild, baseless accusations of transphobia does nothing to refute the notion that your wild accusations of racism and sexism are also baseless

I want you to understand something: you are a garbage person. Even if you're trolling, you are a garbage person. To even ironically defend Sargon, who laughed while Kristi described a rape scenario during their debate, and he, when asked what analytical framework would replace feminism, said "I don't know, I don't care." He is not interested in constructive dialogue. His is a misogynist and a racist (see the support from the EDL).

You defending this man in any capacity allies you with a man who found rape funny.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what? i still dont understand what this loving means.

Women needed to pony up the pussy to get a man to support them in the old days. Now they can suck off the state for money and just string along guys without giving up the vag.

ugh, that hurt to type.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WrenP-Complete posted:

I don't actually know. I think it might be a goon project? Or associated with a goon... but I might have it mixed up with another site.

I linked because it looked like a good article on the subject at hand.

Goon divabot is associated with Rationalwiki, and has lamented both the current connotation of the name, and the difficulty of getting high quality articles from the general public.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Monglo posted:

The article seems extremely biased. I mean if Sam Harris really said those words in the way its portrayed, don't you think Maajid Nawaz, a Muslim brown person, the podcast guest, would not object to it? It's taken out of context, when Harris asks the question he is expressing a position that he doesn't personally share.
I mean, it's not like I want to push you guys into convincing me that Sam Harris is a racist bigot, I just wanted to see if I missed any legit criticism of his. And I don't really see it.
Even concerning torture: Harris admits that torture is extremely unreliable and should be illegal, I mean how is that not a sound position? His article in defence of torture just demonstrates how we perceive torture in an unreasonable light, much worse that bombings, for example, which isnt right - bombing civilians should be less preferable. And the other point he is making that it is conceivable to concoct a scenario in which torture would be ethical, a scenario that he convincingly portrays.

EDIT: SSNeoman,I understood it that he specifically equates torture of POW to the inevitable collateral damage of hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians which is inevitable in modern warfare. Would you not agree that torturing a single POW is ethical if it spares the civilians? It's a hypothetical scenario, I admit, but does that Rob the question of its merits?

No, it's not ethical to do something horrible to a person to get information that will be literally useless. Action for the sake of action is rarely ethical.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Groovelord Neato posted:

cdc released a report that more than half of all murders of women are committed by an intimate partner (current or ex).

but it's the feminists we must worry about.

Christ. I knew the proportion was high, but I didn't think it was THAT high. I wonder if there's a correlation between that rate and availability of domestic abuse support in an area (i.e. more support = fewer intimate partner murders).

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Also, I know this is the Youtube Intellectual Mock thread, but this entire Twitter episode is gold: http://drinking-tea-at-midnight.tumblr.com/post/163301247860/themightyglamazon-tabbran-darthkres

tl;dr Some sexist d-bag gets very irate and flips tables over being called "lemon man".

This is pretty amazing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

fallenturtle posted:

I think your above references were not him being earnest. He just looks like a dumbass not taking the Holocaust or Nazis serious enough. He's clearly immature and likes to try to be edgy.

That said, I'm tired of defending him.

"Uh...poo poo, this guy's actually doing Nazi poo poo a lot...uh..uh... HE'S JUST BEING EDGY, I'M SICK OF DEFENDING HIM."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is jewish i believe or was raised in a jewish family.

Citation please, because he was born in Sweden and lives in the UK now.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Now find where he said all that other Nazi poo poo was jokes, because

fallenturtle posted:

It has to do with intent, not frequency.

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

boner confessor posted:

holy poo poo this other guy is so clearly not a parachute come on

Agreed, he's dumb in completely new and uninteresting ways.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Who What Now posted:

I dunno, I'm pretty sure most people who get called motherfucker don't actually gently caress their mothers.

Part of the charm.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I call my balls the man-o-spheres. They're also unloved. :dadjoke:

You should always work on loving yourself before others.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Don't quad post you troglodyte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Rumda posted:

You can copy multiple quotes into a single post you know

You don't even have to copy them! Just scroll down in the reply window and hit quote on the other posts you want to talk about!

• Locked thread