Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faefeilGwrQ

:ughh:

e: it just ended but my god

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
he was really, really fuckin full of himself to think he knew how to speak to french voters

"i know about the french revolution so why don't we force a bunch of french-language memes portraying macron as an aristocrat or as mary antoinette, that'll totally be accepted as authentic and grassroots by the french and not as foreign meddling by idiots"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
from what i could tell, maddox used to not really take a side on all this, even during the whole dick masterson thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07qPpmsY7NM

on second thought, given the things he's written about women, i probably should have seen this coming

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQrDnOIeIV0

I can't wait for the next Sargon video where he decries getting a restraining order as harassment

the video is just bearing poo poo where he makes fun of the idea of anita sarkeesian trying to get a restraining order against someone at her panel

from what i can tell, she neither sought nor obtained such an order

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

this video is basically "i was on a panel with anita sarkeesian and we disagreed on some things but she was civil and fair and we got along, no she didn't harass me ok"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

business hammocks posted:

The 4chan pathology is so weird. It's all just self-hatred where they agree that they are garbage nobodies. The way to deal with them would be to encourage them to get in shape and make friends.

imma steal this from a pyf thread

it's hard to tell how many layers of irony things are on 4chan

i swear to god everyone who fucks a pillow tells themselves they do it ironically too

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
yeah, thought criminals totally deserve to get harassed

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Fans posted:

This whole thing feels like a group of people with no real issues trying desperately to find a reason to be oppressed.

but enough about d&d

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

did the guy ever actually get harassed or are we doing that thing where "harassment" isn't like swatting or group stalking but just someone facing consequences for their past statements

because a lot of these free speech morons crumple at the slightest touch of facing social disapproval for being shitlords

he hasn't said anything about being harassed, from what i can tell of his statements; if he's getting any hatemail or boxes of turds he hasn't been talking about it

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

so then as usual reactionaries are just vacantly and reflexively accusing people they dont like of being hypocrites, liars, and the real racists? because a minute ago before you actually looked things up for yourself you were complaining about the PC police chasing thought criminals

no, i was making fun of someone saying "if you don't want to get harassed don't have wrong opinions"

but great reading comprehension

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
calm down, son

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Maluco Marinero posted:

Lol, find out next time as we breathlessly pore over Anita's every word to find a contradiction we invented by not listening to what she actually said, interpreting in the most ignorant way imaginable.

do you have an actual criticism or are you just going to declare "look at this bad video guys" and hope everybody else nods in agreement, rubbing their chins

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Midig posted:

You tend to see patterns and this is actually what those gamergate/anti-SJW people do. In this video they did what conspiracy theorists do when they

lol

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Also a weird opinion to have, if everything you believe makes you think someone is actively immoral, why on earth would you tolerate that?

because believe it or not, it's possible to disagree with people without violently hating them

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
most people don't conflate "made some videos calling me a dumbass" with "trying to actively destroy all that is good and holy in the world" and don't treat somebody who did the former as if they're doing the latter

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
part of being a social being is balancing your actions with those of your peers, e.g. if somebody makes videos about you, you make videos about them back but you don't mail a box of feces to them unless you're genuinely hosed up in the head as opposed to just differently opinionated

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
being able to chillax with a dude that you disagree with on political matters sure is, though

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
part of being socially functional is not exaggerating somebody else's opinion into something cartoonishly fascist in order to justify being a piece of poo poo to their face, dude

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so can you enumerate the opinions of one of the people that hbomberguy met with that makes them worthy of being called a fascist

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i mean you can play the guilt by association card all day but at the end of it you have to come up with something credible

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so what you're saying is that you can't find anything to evidence that he's a nazi so you're just assuming that the people he's with are nazis in order to assume he's a nazi too?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
or are you coming up with new definitions of fascist to lump these people into in lieu of showing any evidence while at the same time attacking me for saying anything that doesn't fit the thread narrative

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

No I think the other youtube dorks are nazis because they make videos about poo poo like "interracial relationships are genocide of the white race".

show me one of those videos?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

You can google davis aurini and watch his poo poo if you want but I'm not doing it for you.

cool, i found one video about interracial dating with 3000 views, got me there

i have no idea who davis aurini is

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

first off I think this is a lie

second off, if this is not a lie, this is definitely not the correct thread to assemble a little lovely hill to die on

you're being needlessly combative and hateful, calm down

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

I see no particular advantage gained from pretending not to know about the subject of the thread you are compelled to post in, that does not seem honest or believable to me. what an odd angle to take in this slapfight

i'm not pretending anything, you're making accusations in order to try and portray me as somebody i'm not

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i was having a discussion and you came in to hurl insults, and that's not cool

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
yes, we're all goons here, we can go without treating each other as enemies

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i've not seen how he's a fascist trying to revoke people's human rights, though, so i haven't yet quite gotten what was wrong with hbomberguy hanging out with him

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
neither is refusing to present evidence when evidence is asked for and attacking the person asking for it

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
welp that's it, pack it in guys ~bash the fash~

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

boner confessor posted:

I refuse to watch this video. I spit on your video. I have never even heard of this clown. got any other evidence, buster? you must endlessly feed my demands for proof and attention I mean uh discussion

you could at least try not treating the obvious joke posts as opportunity to project more vitriol

and i'd like to see that video, got a link? e: nvm found it and listening now

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Symbolic Butt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLqi2t-oHc

lmao the video is better than I remembered it. 3:15 has some foreshadowing to the vidcon picture

yeah, having listened to it, it's a good video and raises good points

Symbolic Butt posted:

Armoured Skeptic has a history of being "mistakenly" associated with other shitheads and then being outraged by it, there was a whole Contrapoints video about it.

the video goes into this a bit, that armoured skeptic was saying that the anti-sjw thing wasn't a community when to outsiders, it kinda was developing into one

that being said, i hated both contrapoints's editing and the editing in the clips of the armoured skeptic videos that he included for reference, though i'm betting contrapoints has gotten better during the year that's passed since then

edit: or maybe not, having looked at one of his most recent videos

a lot of that is just me having gotten used to sargon, e.g. just talking with no facecam or music or gimmicks or poo poo

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 2, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

hhbomberguy

was this intentional?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

that's not what the video you linked says, dude; the video you linked says pretty much the opposite of that

i noticed i keep having to do this with the videos you link

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 2, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Apparently she also "snapped" at Boogie at some point. I think Boogie himself said that he wasn't that bothered by what occurred, but others are acting like Boogie is too nice to figure out he been done wrong. Boogie's videos on the topic alone are like 12 minutes long and my eyes were glazing over so I may be wrong on this, I couldn't be bothered to get far enough into any of them to figure out what was actually said.

the video above your post goes into it in decent detail, at 5:58

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Kamrat posted:

He got a lot of poo poo for making money with that avatar so he recently changed it.

"got a lot of poo poo" as in "his entire channel was nuked for copyright infringement" so his fans lined up with brand-new replacement bear avatars for him

he used to occasionally post videos making fun of mgtows but doesn't do that anymore i guess, it's all pretty much whatever sargon has been talking about lately

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
someone was mean to them on the internet :stare:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
it's okay as long as a corporation is doing it in retaliation over a gif that made fun of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
cnn's acting like a giant baby and it's pretty funny, though if you want to project your anger about trumpman on me then go hog wild

• Locked thread