Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

agreeing to attend an event like that comes off as like a form of self harm to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i think this is a pretty fair take on things

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i'll take naive over sleeper agent

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i think contra's plan to 'break up' with her audience is a good one. it'll be easier for her to sort through the screaming noise for the good criticism like people here want if she's not also using her fan base as an emotional crutch.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

yeah, she's taking the optimistic approach of taking those actions as the group trying to clean up their act
as one of the pessimists, i agree it's more likely they're just trying to not be as blatant so they can skate by with more. that said: i find it hard to fault contra for wanting to be optimistic about other human beings not being terrible. that's a lesson only experience really seems to grind in, imo

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

No one is calling her a far right sleeper agent, Christ.

Not in this thread, at least, I can't speak for Twitter idiots.

i'm not sure the utility of critiquing her response without taking into context twitter being the primary point of contact

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Genocyber posted:

This is like the one good post made about Hbomberman in the last two pages.

Can we talk about something else now.

e: Bleugh, I'm watching a livestream Conta is doing now with a lefty Youtuber who has criticized her, and she (Contra) is defending Singal again, with a weird "he's a philosopher" defense.

if 'he reminds me of philosophers from my old job who have been trained not to consider human emotions or political realities and so often end up saying a lot of stupid hurtful poo poo' is a defense of a guy, i can't wait to see an attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

business hammocks posted:

His wife is in his recent videos and seems alive. I’ve never heard of him before, but the recent videos I’ve seen have all been good and thoughtful.

here's his version of the story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4R3BEl90vs&t=149s

edited: added the right timestamp

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 7, 2017

• Locked thread