Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Destiny used to be kind of a typical edgy streamer lameoid but he's since come around pretty hard and yeah, made it his deal to call out assholes and broadcast just how stupid and incapable of real argument they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

These people sometimes :ughh:

Also I thought about posting all the XJ9 stuff the other night but figured the thread was gonna go past it, but yeah they're a legit crazy and horrible person.

Also also cheong can suck my fat queer dick.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

Which one of these opinions are you facepalming at? Honestly, I can't tell with this thread anymore.

Uh, the dude going "But think of the people who are just pretending to be nazis! :qq:", dunno how you're acting like it'd be anything otherwise.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

The existence of a person who trolls on the internet, but doesn't hold the views he's portraying doesn't seem that impossible to me. Is having a non-black/white worldview that difficult for you?

It's almost like this was refuted in the image itself. If you're parroting nazi poo poo and pretending to be a nazi, guess what, for all intents and purposes you're just another net-nazi persecuting minorities.

Even better, they use the kekistan dumbasses as their example, a group that harbors actual neo nazis while pretending to be ~satirizing~ nazis by.. parroting nazi rhetoric.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 19, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Guys did you see this sick burn on this depressed gay kid, I bet he hung himself LOL! Fuckin trannies amirite!

O-oh, but no in person I'm just a mild mannered liberal, I even voted for marriage equality before.

(Replace with racial slurs and whatever else as needed)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fututor Magnus posted:

but there's one obvious reason i can discern why someone might love angry joe but not noah gervais or campster, is because the former will never bring up feminism or any other SJW ideology.

Joe's been fairly outspoken sometimes actually, they already poo poo on the cheeto golem and things they tried or are trying, on twitter anyway because they don't usually weigh in on stuff in their vidyagaem videos past anti-consumer stuff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sax Solo posted:

If you don't want to use someone's pronouns, you can use 'they' or 'one' or change your sentence to avoid pronouns entirely. Jerks do it all the time.

I use 'they' pretty much standard for everyone for a good reason, it's an actual neutral way to refer to anyone. :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

What are they saying?

It's a bunch of different things mostly.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: and...I wanna watch Shawn's new video. But man...Alpha Omega Sin is a dumb rear end.

I honestly just skipped past every segment of AOS talking, you're not missing anything and you're making the video 100x more enjoyable.

Also there's nothing really wrong with his style, people look fine that way and not everyone needs to be whatever boring thing is trendy, he's just a giant shitheel.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd rather see a dozen of them than yet another fringey comb to the side with a goatee. :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man, some real bad tweets lately. Like it's not a friggin secret what they want or dream about, for a bunch of them it's to kill me and people like me on both counts, they're worried about losing their fading power and thinking about how much more extreme they need to go to keep it and keep their chud fanbases onboard, there's no misunderstood human side to people jacking off over ethnic cleansing and wanting to reduce women to slaves. Their deal is that their entire movement needs to be snuffed out, not extended a friendly hand toward.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ungulateman posted:

It sure must be fun being an activist for men's rights and having to constantly explain your position on things because of what the phrase 'men's rights activist' entails

This is one of those things that gets glossed over often, but yeah just another good reason to hate MRAs. There are some legit "men's rights" problems and sometimes those assholes will parrot them alongside their usual puke, but they don't really care about any of those, they just haphazardly staple them onto their bullshit to give it the tiniest air of legitimacy, so they can pretend they actually have any goal other than oppressing women. I said it before when Amos Yee was being disgusting, like getting pedophiles help and doing something better than forcing them underground could be a thing to work on, but all these people want to do is twist the surface level of a problem into something hosed up for their own uses, for the right wingers lately it's been so they can try to minimize Moore being a child predator, for MRAs it's so they can pretend to be something other than blatant sexists.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also I missed this but man, the bad things keep rolling for her lately and it's making me kind of nervous, these people are poison.

Like look at this piece of poo poo, this isn't someone to play buddy with.

https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/status/930148238287450112

https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/status/933086180752572416

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 26, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

aware of dog posted:

This is apparently a paid event (by which I mean tickets cost $30/$80), put on by a conservative student group, and her being part of essentially a fundraiser for a bunch of chuds... idk it doesn't sit quite right with me

What the gently caress Contra :ughh:

Adding to it from another similar thread

Yardbomb posted:

This is super hosed up and yeah, Contra's been dumping all my goodwill super hard lately, I don't know what's going on with her all of a sudden but boy, raising money for the Gas The Kikes Racewar Now Foundation is a little far.

Just to add to it, the other girl's a racist rear end ""centrist"" who immigrated from south africa to canada.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

EDIT: Haha, oh boy

:barf:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I don't understand how she got conned into THIS though, if it was just "Do you wanna come and "debate" with chuds?" then sure whatever, it'd still probably be bad but this is "Wanna come sell tickets to people wanting to watch a ~degenerate~ get ganged up on and fundraise for a hate group?" and it's not like it's some information buried in the deepest recesses of the internet. This is giving actual, hard support to these fuckers now, people could try and argue around signal boosting and whatever, but this is literally lining their pockets.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

temple posted:

She is going to a trans event hosted by conservatives.

So a zoo to gawk at the "degenerates" then. It's basically a group of /pol/ rejects running the thing, calling this "a trans event" whatsoever feels like you're being super dishonest.

temple posted:

This is why people turn away from the left because people play purity politics over minor things.

If "Some peers were mean to me" was enough to make you jump ship to the kind of people opposite these days, you never had that much conviction in your ideals anyway.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

temple posted:

She not fundraising for them.

I mean

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/934927207394435072

"Tickets available here (for the event hosted by holocaust deniers)" is pretty bad on that point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Krotera posted:

The bat is really poorly drawn

Straight from the local bat's mouth

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ancaps are sad parodies of human beings, so probably.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

The way I heard it Destiny was saying that incest is morally neutral but that its the imbalance in power that often accompanies these relationships (parent and child for example) that is problematic.

That's pretty much the best reading you can get of it really, it's the authority and age gaps that can be present in the relationships that make it a problem, not some "Ewww" factor. If two consenting adults who are related want to get together, sure it's odd but who cares, it's not hurting anyone and not really anyone else's business, even the "But the hypothetical children!" thing has shown to be a poor argument the more we've learned, because even if they did, it takes more than one instance of relatives screwing to give you Charles II.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

selec posted:

Contra mid-thread on Twitter right now, talking about why she's going to the event that has everybody het up.

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/936055501204357120

From the other thread generally on the topic

Yardbomb posted:

This all just feels so insanely naive.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jimbot posted:

(I honestly don't know anything about Theryn Meyer)

They've said dumb racist poo poo, blindly go to bat for the cheeto golem and pull this kind of crap.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, talking to Nazis is one thing, but is it honestly that hard to do it without hawking tickets for their events?

This is 100% my issue here. Personally I feel it's pointless to debate most people so far down the political toilet, but when it's just poking holes in them on some podcast it's whatever, you might coax the occasional viewer out of their terrible path and that does happen sometimes, which is great. But agreeing to speak at some right wing sideshow which is explicitly lining their pockets, why, tell them to get bent, because say you do convince some people even at that place, cool, but if even a dollar of that sideshow goes to further abusing LGBT people, then fat lot of good you actually did.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Is shoe on head trying for some kind of seduction scene here?

It always feels that way when one of these assholes jumps into a situation.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only reason roaming millennial and shoeonhead have audiences is because the chuds find them cute.

That and just another token to scratch off the list.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kjoery posted:

I'm thinking they just realized one day that he was extremely christian (that took a while), and their more staunchly athiest base began to turn.

A lot of the channer contrarians and cheeto cultists have started pushing fundie christian poo poo, I doubt it's that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Eh someone who is actually sincerely turbochristian would probably not get on with actual unironic hitler had the right idea fascists

As soon as they can find a group of them that downplay "Gas the jews" enough, fundamentalist christians are often pretty happy to jump in that camp, I've seen this happen not just a ton online, but in-person more than once.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Holy poo poo Yee sounds like a kiddy fiddling garden gnome.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Verisimilidude posted:

Eagerly awaiting Shaun or hbg’s takedown of this incredibly cringey racist video
https://youtu.be/ipEq_VV0ovs

Boy I bet this thing's a treat.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

I love how skeptics/rationals think "ad hominem!" or "strawman!" is a response. anyone who isn't like 19 is gonna laugh at your rear end.

It pretty much perfectly illustrates with how much they use it, that people who do that are almost never arguing in earnest, they just want to pull debate club pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DS2 is better than 3 :colbert:

Also laff-o-rama to that dumbshit trying to scrub posts

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nobody's really talking about Arf, they're just kinda white noise posting.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

:gb2fyad:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's almost like they're huge misogynists, who'd have ever guessed that one.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 5, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

BB > DS 2 > DS 1 > DS 3

Same feeling here, I played the order fairly wrenched up as people do sometimes, but still came out with 2 being my favorite of the actual Souls'es. I went from 1 to Demon's to 2 base (Which I hated then, it was on PS3 and ran like total crap it felt like) to Bloodborne to SotFS (Which I ended up enjoying a ton on PC) to 3. Part of what puts 3 so low for me is probably also just that it came out after Bloodborne, then was missing so much of the cool poo poo outta there, the entire playthrough of 3 I kept feeling like "Man, I miss trick weapons. This weapon skill system sucks. Parrying is so easy here." and it also didn't have any of the cool things 2 did either, power stance shenanigans, NG+'s being meaningfully different and also had crap features of it's own, like most everything to do with it's PvP.

WampaLord posted:

"And in a speech at the United Nations general assembly in September, UK Prime Minister Theresa May challenged tech firms to take down terrorist material in two hours. The prime minister has repeatedly called for an end to the "safe spaces" she says terrorists enjoy online."

:laffo: the oldest oldy statement possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Hoedown Throwdown posted:

Some channel is trending with a kissing contest video and this intrepid Minecraft YouTuber is NOT happy

They're not wrong to be fair, they're leaning a little too much on the ~gaming~ side of it I guess, but this sounds like another "Bigger channel gets to skirt the rules" deal when much less gets other channels demonetized. His follow-up things are goofy though.

• Locked thread