Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
why do so many youtube atheists seem to understand almost nothing about what they're criticizing? Like, poo poo you would learn by reading a book or two or taking the most basic world religions course in college.

especially people who use the "the bible has been rearranged and was written by humans, not god :smug:" as a crutch, like ecumenical councils and redaction criticism weren't a thing

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

quote is not edit

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know if a lot of the people saying this sort of stuff even realize what their opinions directly imply. There isn't really any grey area between a literal Nazi "some races are inherently inferior to others" view and acknowledging that different outcomes are the result of people being exposed to different circumstances outside of their control.

Plenty of people do actually think that black people are genetically inferior, they just see it as facts and not racism, because racists are bad people and they can't possibly be a bad person

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Rough guesstimate, how many YouTube gaming channels are out there that aren't explicitly misogynistic and racist? Every single big channel I click on takes about 2 videos before they start making TRIGGERED jokes and making fun of feminists.

The only one I really know of off the top of my head is Cinemassacre, which is probably the most sweet and pure channel on YouTube

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

boner confessor posted:

i'd wonder how many gaming channels can even compete in the marketplace without catering to the bigoted tastes of people who watch youtube gaming channels

I mean, I don't think it's a situation where gamers are going to specifically complain when a YouTuber doesn't do the whole anti-feminist thing, they'll typically only complain when the YouTuber shows any affection for women or minority groups

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Game Grumps is pretty chill, which just springs to mind due to their Jontron adjacency. His racism was why he got replaced right?

Nobody really knows afaik, but yeah, from what I've heard Jon literally would not stop screaming the n-word and other slurs during recording

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

What is it about gaming that attracts this type of ideology anyway? It's not like every other traditionally "nerdy" hobby is just as toxic and horrible, gaming is by far the worst, with maybe comics at second place.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

funny enough rolfe got loving dogpiled when he said he wasn't going to see and review the new ghostbusters. people calling him misogynist and poo poo.

I think I talked about that last thread, but in all fairness, 99.9% of YouTubers going out of their way to make a video about that are going to come from a place of misogyny. James just genuinely really loves Ghostbusters

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Its not hard to find channels that aren't misogynistic and racist, at least not openly.

Some stuff I know: Jerma985, Star_, ThatGuyTagg, Errant Signal, Superbunnyhop, Mark Brown, Kim Justice, Lazy Game Reviews, Matthewmatosis, Pushinguproses, Accursed Farms, Mattvisual, Ahoy, Digital foundry, MrBtongue (he openly mocked Gamergate when asked about it, much to their chagrin), Outsidexbox, theres tons.

I used to watch Jerma a lot, I went back to watch some of his newer videos just to see tons of people in the comments screeching about his "SJW" girlfriend

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

Seriously I really think I need an internet break because I'm becoming convinced that all this poo poo is leading to a cultural shift that will have everyone openly goose stepping down the street by like 2021

it ain't no crime to punch a nazi. always remember that

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

robots are poo poo and i will destroy them

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

if robots don't have rights, how can me and my sexbot waifu get married?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The alt-right is legitimately a cult, especially in gaming circles. I would almost feel bad for them if they didn't want to kill everyone but straight white people

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The no-fap philosophy revolves around antisemitism and that not jacking off makes you a superhuman

it is not a coherent movement

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

from the comments section on the Wolfenstein trailer

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

There's also a black woman in the trailer, so that certainly didn't help things for them

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

boner confessor posted:

gonna take a wild guess here and assume he's never heard of either of those things and he's just looking to blame millenals for whatever

for some reason people get real cagey about making claims about math or science but when it comes to history or sociology you can just make poo poo up and assert your opinion as fact then accuse people who disagree with you of ignorance

history and sociology aren't real disciplines and are infested with leftist cucks, silly :rolleyes:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm not sure I'd be quite comfortable with glory kills on human opponents, but I'd like just about everything else to be transferred over.

Nazis aren't human

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

From a few pages back, but what has Anthony Fantano done? I used to follow his channel religiously. Is he a dick now?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Fados posted:

A quick google came up with this livestream hosted by Carlgon where Anthony participates and yeah, you guessed it, it's about Anita and feminist frequency. I don't have the stomach to listen to this poo poo, so I can't tell how much of a rear end in a top hat he is but by the company it's probably not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHGl-JexwSs

god drat it anthony what the hell

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The Fantano thing is really confusing because he is (or was) pretty progressive. He's mentioned feminism in a positive light in a lot of videos, and made basically a whole video about Varg Vikernes being a racist shithead.

I suspect he's more of a "everybody deserves an audience" type, which is still very insufferable.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm sad about how hard Laci Green is being used

She's buddy-buddy with human nazi garbage. I'm not sad about it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://youtu.be/YIi1bjl_iqE

People think that the fella that makes colonial American food on YouTube made a Trump diss, and he sure is angry about it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

He seems to be a nice guy, but it has an "old man yells at cloud" thing going on that's pretty funny

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Hell, who do you think encourages lower working class people to be racist? They themselves don't benefit from it, other ethnicities certainly don't benefit from it.

This. Middle class white racism is the most insidious and vicious. Jethro up in the mountains probably hasn't even seen a black man in years, but the middle class have the incentive and ability to actively disenfranchise anyone who doesn't fit the paper bag test.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

And in my experience, working class whites aren't as bad because they often actually have to work with the people they're supposed to hate. It's pretty difficult to harbor hatred when you work alongside other types of people for years, going through the same struggles together. It's very humanizing.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Internet atheists almost never know anything about religion, especially non-Abrahamic belief systems. From my experience, they believe all religious people are either southern baptists or muslims.

Like, it's poo poo that you could learn in the most basic World Religions course or a couple of books, but that doesn't get as many subscribers as bland appeals to rationality.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

happyhippy posted:

To be honest though, its not the wishy washy ones that are threatening your freedumz or life.
And you don't get much clicks saying religion X are not doing anything really at the moment.

I meant more that a lot of the "checkmate, christians :smug: " arguments they use have already had sometimes hundreds of years of scholarship on both sides, something they would know if they did any basic research into what they're talking about.

I still see people on Reddit trot out the "the Bible was written by people, not God" thing, like that hasn't been a major cornerstone in internal church debate and academia for over a thousand years

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKF5nUB898&t=571s

twitch streamer still thinks making "asian gibberish" jokes is funny, like it's 1950. I hate that kids growing up now get their entertainment from boring racist shitheads on twitch and youtube.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The real funny thing is that he uses loving xhamster

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Rumda posted:

A business is automatically capitalistic and therefore a right wing entity.

what about ben and jerrys

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I just realized that Baked Alaska guy used to work for Buzzfeed. He was in their food videos and other poo poo. what the gently caress. Why would you even go work there if you're a white supremacist, that has to be one of the most left-leaning workplaces in America

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

also enjoy some chuds ranting about buzzfeed, which appears to be an entire sub-genre of content on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5sYtIKoHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYYK5cG7nEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1ylS-0lqc

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDmwqTWc2yQ

why would this even be a video.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

every single something awful thread eventually turns into poor people debating how the rich think and operate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

kill all nerds tbh

• Locked thread