Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

I mean, you never know, but the guy thanks Kindergarten Cop for teaching him his views on gender, so I'd lean on parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Speaking of Thunderf00t.. I've actually accidentally came upon his Twitter account and he was... berating alt-right dudes for using Nazi imagery.

On one hand, I'd really like to believe that means there's hope he might eventually stop with his rabid anti-feminist stuff, but on the other hand, there's no logical reason to assume that and he probably won't.

I'm probably too soft on terrible people.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, the fact that there are some alt-right/gamergate/whatever people who aren't Literal Nazis isn't really much of a defense.

Oh, I'm not defending his absurd obsession against Sarkeesian and feminism in general, nor the lovely thing he has done so far. I was more expressing hope that *eventually* he might get out of that rabbit hole, because frankly we need less people like that.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Symbolic Butt posted:

carl of akkad is bickering with shaun over some super petty poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhys4voMC40

To be honest, Shaun almost makes me happy that Sargon does videos. Almost.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It would be helpful if you defined what kind of videos you want, Carecat. Given the thread, I'm guessing it's not videogames, but do you prefer video responses to see the grossest far right YouTubers made fun of, or do you actually want argumentation and subject-focused essays?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Carecat posted:

Youtube intellectual mocking naturally. Maybe a little more in depth than Shaun and Jen but I don't really see the point of long form responses to people who can't grasp that having a McDonalds in Saudi Arabia might be a poor measurement of personal freedom. You could just play a fart sound effect to how poorly thought through some of these opinions are.

Most progressive YouTubers seem to dedicate relatively little time to debunk InfoWars/skeptic garbage, but I think Thom Avella, Ranting Feminist and Garrett did some of that stuff in the past.

Shaun and Jen is still the best YouTube channel for the "This is why video Y is actually kind of dumb" sort of videos, because he's just familiar enough with that kind of internet culture and mode of irony to counterattack it in effective ways, plus he finds entertainment in doing so, while most YouTubers just do it because it's right.

Some people enjoy demotivatoropinion, but personally I find his videos to be loving terrible. There's nothing wrong with the arguments of what I've watched, but the delivery is all kinds of bad. Still might want to give him a try, though.

EDIT: I will fully admit that I'm surprised some of you have managed to watch full videos from people such as Sargon of Akkad and Paul Joseph Watson. The latter sounds like he's recording a dub for a Nazi propaganda documentary ALL THE TIME.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Midig posted:

Paul is part of INFOWARS last time I checked.

Yeah, but at least his boss sounds entertaining. PJW is all the dangers and insanity that comes with Alex Jones with none of the unintentional amusing parts.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Can Thunderf00t not afford a better microphone? His sound quality has been poo poo for ages.

And yeah, disappointed, but not surprised that he's still obsessed with Sarkeesian. He needs a therapist, and possibly a restraining order to stop making videos.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
And even then he couldn't stop himself from making jabs at Anita Sarkeesian and feminists.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

Foamy The Squirrel

Who?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

From what I understood, while yes, Contra enjoys the confusion, they are not transgendered, and simply enjoys uh...cross-dressing? Dressing against type? :sigh: I forget the proper term. Help please?

Contra stated in a video that he is okay with either pronoun. Ideal would be to switch between different pronouns, even mid-sentence, but she understands that it's a tall order and is fine with either.

EDIT: Also, while I enjoy Lindsay Ellis' latest video, I could really do with some essay on Nazism that doesn't feel the obligation to quickly detour into Hannah Arendt's banality of evil for 5 minutes. Surely by now everyone is familiar with the basic concept? On second thought... probably not.

EDIT 2: gently caress it, just noticed that Lovechop got there first. Oh well.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 2, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

New Vegas is better overall but in terms of "fun" I think I prefer 3. I love the wasteland and I love the fact death awaits around every corner. NV was just kind of boring by comparison. Just walk along the road and you'll be fine. There is no safe place in FO3. I quickly learned to save compulsively.

Please lend me your magical copy of Fallout 3 where this happens, because that game actually sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I almost feel bad for the guy. He does not have the common sense to hide his narcissism or idiocy and I can see him in a few years bitter and alone after he ran into enough walls with that attitude.

Don't be sad for him. He's still a nazi.

• Locked thread