Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hey don't get mad at me I'm just devil's advocating for pedophilia cos y'know I'm not sure everyone here is philosophically rigorous in their dislike of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm imagining some kind of hydra where the heads keep forming and unforming into new randomly generated combinations of primary colours and masks and headgear while screaming markov generated racist facts.

It's actually quite unsettling. I feel like it's one of those beasts from the end of the Bible.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

Hahaha, seriously? Though I guess if homeboy here is embarrassed of GG to begin with is probably a good sign.

Speaking of GG, I came upon something interesting recently. I'm sure most of you know of TotalBiscuit. Turns out he's a GG'er but with a twist! Admittedly, I've only seen a few videos of him where he's interviewed on the subject, but of every one I've seen so far, he never mentions anything about feminists, gays or minorities ruining gaming. Instead, he talks about poo poo like publishers paying off reviewers for favorable coverage and stuff like that. In other words, he is quite possibly the only GG'er on the planet that legitimately, genuinely, and unironically cares about ethics in games journalism! :monocle: He follows chuds like Sargon, and AlphaOmegaSin and the like on Twitter, and seriously thinks that GG is a legitimate honorable movement. It's actually quite fascinating in a way.

Yeah AFAIK he hopped on the GG bandwagon when it took off but might actually have been the only person on earth who actually did think it was about ethics in games journalism. So he's got some weird loving associations as a result. Why he keeps on with it I dunno but it's been a thing for a while I think. It's honestly hard to tell with him how much is just him being a prick and how much of an actual shithead he is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DS2 is my favorite DS game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I agree with a lot of it though not all of it, definitely think it's a good watch either way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ArfJason posted:

why are you guys getting so mad about simple questions?

I can no longer dispute that you are in fact asking questions.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

business hammocks posted:

I hope he ends up living under a bridge like an actual pedophile.

That's a terrible thing to wish on children, bridges are supposed to have imaginary trolls under them not literal babyfuckers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's the best. It has a dream like quality to its story and progression unmatched by the others. It's David Lynches dark souls. Some people say it mangled established lore. Does that matter now that 3 came out and pissed on everything? BB > DS 2 > DS 1 > DS 3.

This is my feeling too.

Though I haven't played BB cos I don't have a console.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looking forward to that resulting in an AI combining ISIS and stalinism and taking over the world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A reminder also that the british government wants all tech firms on the planet to stop using secure or end to end encryption because it means the british government can't look at whatsapps, and the home secretary thinks that their unwillingness to do this is wholly unreasonable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

What is FYAD?

The second forum on the main forum index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bit weird, this tangent.

• Locked thread