Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Anyway back on track I found this fellowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFzMLZAXEM

It's sort of a beautiful microcosm of lovely alt-right stuff trying to look reasonable. Appeal to golden years (which is keeps being really vague about, if not completely changing minute per minute), glossing over decades of history to pin downfall on certain causes, "The Global Elite" (wink wink) etc. I think what engrosses me the most is it;s pacing, it;s got an almost narrative like ramping up, and how it;s logic goes from sounding kind of reasonable if you were a certain sort of idiot and then follows the logic to an insane endpoint: I could almost think of this an absurd parody if I didn't get sent it by pretending to listen to someone who thought jewish people were behind multiculturalism and immigration.

There's also a moment that made me laugh out loud a bit over nine minutes in. It's magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

I'm really loving tired of the whole "GLOBALIST ELITE" bullshit. Dumb motherfuckers don't even know what globalism is.

Would you mind giving me a comprehensive definition then? I have a sort of vague idea that I think is correct (ie it doesn't hinge on a single ethnic group pulling the strings) but I could always use a sharper understanding. :kiddo:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Alright, that was my basic understanding but it's good to see it reinforced, thanks!
I am aware of the irony of posting that on a thread about youtube intellectuals

e: ask me about the guy on twitter I follow out of masochism who posted the clip with the caption "Bill Nye the Science Goy" :suicide: My favourites are the global warming deniers who go "funny that science adheres to your worldview" :smuggo:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 26, 2017

• Locked thread