Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like when threads are gassed without reason. good to have a good thread back.

also holy loving poo poo those parents on the first page.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Whorelord posted:

why is h3h3 productions so popular

his videos seem really boring and unfunny

also his wife seems pretty slow but that might just be her accent

his videos making fun of/exposing pranksters and tai lopez were good. the recent video where he meets tai lopez is great because there are like five lawyers just lurking around as they walk through the rented mansion (also tai's nice cars are all leased to his company).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Weirdo posted:

he left high school because of bullies

lol this explains so much.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol so sargon is an uneducated no job dude with kids?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the whole blaming black "culture" for them getting shat on is so annoying with that poo poo about fatherless children. for one, like someone else stated we created it by decimating an entire generation of men by throwing them into prison for nothing crimes which then fucks over generation after generation after generation. for two, as boner confessor pointed out just saying a child is raised by a single mother is misleading - in fact, if i remember correctly black unmarried fathers are part of the day to day upbringing of their children more than any other racial group in that category.

none of these people ever look down to root causes it's always looking at the very surface and declaring that the reason.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's exactly it.

i got into it once with a few sargon acolytes after i mocked him in some twitter thread (keep in mind one of these guys mockingly retweeted me telling him scientific racism has been a joke since before his parents were born). they're effective with ignorant people because they often use real statistics but don't give you the whole picture. one of those dudes linked how even correcting for income level, black students score poorer on the SATs than their white counterparts. not even getting into whether there would be prejudice in the school system in terms of attention between black and white students, they probably don't know or purposely left out that a black family making 100k is more likely than not living among white families making 30k. so they aren't going to the same schools as their income equals - they're going to much shittier schools in comparison. it's like how conspiracy theories flourish - you give someone who isn't that well read on that particular subject some statistic or fact but don't give it the full context.

also those dudes are the biggest snowflakes ever, every one of them blocks me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's a good thing trump did away with the johnson amendment.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he posted it to try to make it look like the isis one was a joke. i don't know how he thought that'd work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

usually they do block (all the alt-right/race realists/maga chuds i get into it on twitter do) but you've lost once you've blocked someone unless it's legit harassment.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he meant it as a "joke" so he could initiate the puppetmaster defense.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

auruni has to be an act he just HAS to be. it's too perfect otherwise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

Did Gamergaters in general really think the likes of Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian and Leigh Alexander were ugly or were they just attacking them in any way possible because uh

Like it was a frequent talking point and I still can't figure out if it was entirely disingenuous or not

one of these things is not like the other... (tho that's neither here nor there, their being ugly or attractive is immaterial to the issue).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i enjoy the cognitive dissonance of seemingly realizing misogyny is bad or at least the overt form is very frowned upon so they have to shield it by saying "it's about ethics in gaming journalism" but then never ever talk about that and only about how the females are cucking all the menfolk and destroying our way of life.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you can even make fun of the only one of these guys that takes care of his body because he's 1. way too into himself 2. the hair and facial hair don't work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mojo1701a posted:

Also I never realized he had facial hair until you mentioned it. It's almost invisible.

exactly why it's bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she's a child and has the knowledge and reasoning of one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zoe quinn is not attractive dude. i know goons grade on a curve so i have to factor that in. it's also immaterial to gamergate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he did lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in her defense, i'm not particularly attractive either.

business hammocks posted:

She might simply believe those things in good faith because she is a child. How informed were you when you were a teenager, and how well could you reason?

you cannot hold the opinions she and the others do and argue in good faith. it's impossible to be right wing and argue in good faith.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

The only one I really know of off the top of my head is Cinemassacre, which is probably the most sweet and pure channel on YouTube

funny enough rolfe got loving dogpiled when he said he wasn't going to see and review the new ghostbusters. people calling him misogynist and poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

I think I talked about that last thread, but in all fairness, 99.9% of YouTubers going out of their way to make a video about that are going to come from a place of misogyny. James just genuinely really loves Ghostbusters

the reaction was just stupid because if they actually watched his video it wasn't at all how they were characterizing it (and it doesn't help them at all that the movie came out and was not good).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

unlike the pewds he has a lovely and manly voice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i love sargon getting triggered to the point he's yelling about his hilariously insane belief that feminism created elliot rodger. did sargon ever read rodger's "manifesto" (really an autobiography) or watch his videos? this is a rhetorical question since we all know the answer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that is the perfect way to describe how he talks and emotes. it's loving terrible. most youtube people have lovely voices/manner of speaking/expressions and i dunno how they grab a following.

laci green has a very weird way of talking (like only her mouth moves or she talks out of the side in a weird way) and i feel comfortable saying that now that she's a shithead.

thunderf00t sounds like he's gargling constantly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

length isn't really a problem if the video is good. i've watched hour long plus videos about why fallout 3 or fallout 4 are bad (one of em by our very own hbomberguy) because both of those games were very bad and it's interesting seeing someone put it all together.

the problem with antifeminists and poo poo is they don't have enough material to the fill the time so they just loving ramble on for ages.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah brits are laughing is that scene from t2 where the terminator tries to smile.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

only bad thing about hbomberguy is he thinks the prequels are good which makes me question all of his opinions including all the ones i agree with. it makes me question my very self.

more like hbummerguy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My one complaint about hbomerguy's takedown videos is that he'll hammer on the same thing a lot. I don't think his laugh is fake, but I don't think Jon Tron slurring communists is the funniest poo poo in the world

i find it funny because jontron is far dumber than someone his age should be. you'd assume he's 19 or something based on the poo poo he says.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no it's the worst one.

that still means it is an amazing game. it also is the one that got me fully into the series. i liked hbomb's vid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

link i'd honestly like to read em because i had my own thoughts on the video (because he is wrong on some stuff).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i forgot who that was then remembered it was that guy from twitter i kept dunking on.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bessantj posted:

He's very early 20s though right?

he's 27 lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I forgot about this post when the bus I was on broke down and don't feel like rewatching the video or finding my posts. He talks in circles with the lifegem thing. Ultimately I think what he wants is estus you can find refills of off enemies. He doesn't give any justification for grinding blood vials. Also the whole thing is dumb because your weapon will break before you run out of estus as early as lost Bastille if you're good at the game
DS2 is the most hostile to new players imo. DS3 has the hardest starting areas by far, but DS2's mechanics are weirder and more punishing. To put it uncharitably 2 is the most obtuse dark souls. And I think that's why some people are so loyal to it. They put in the time to really master it and 4th edition isn't real dungeon and dragons its like the fighters can cast spells I'm sorry what was I talking about.

After putting another 10 hours into it and watching bomber's video (the best part is when he's dunking on matt he should stick to his strengths) and a response video I concluded that you like dark souls 2 if you like the animations. Rolling feels bad to me. The mace attacks are stupid as hell. I don't like that my character lurches forward instead of using the actual length of their weapon. So the game pushes me to its limits like the fume knight I'm besides myself because I feel like I'm fighting my own character.
In that response video he said he was having more fun on a strength run. Same for me but I think it's because I would one two shot dudes and eight shot some bosses (holy poo poo what), so I playing the game less and went through the feedback loop of ever increasing numbers faster. Soul memory allows for a constant grind.
But that response video said you can get stun locked in 3 unlike 2 which is complete horseshit. In 3 hitstun is designed to let you get out of a combo if you don't have 30 poise you will eat 8 hit combos in 2 its poise system is garbage and makes the better weight system go to waste.

yeah when i said he was wrong about stuff the lifegems was the one in particular. same with bloodborne's blood vials - bloodborne is probably the best designed game ever and my personal fave but it sucks poo poo if you're stuck on a boss and your next run you only had like 10 in your stash. should've just refilled to 20 every time you died.

the weapon breaking was because they coded the game dumbly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he certainly got some in the shower.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bessantj posted:

What does happen to him I haven't seen it in ages. Does he write a letter or essay or something.

a black kid shoots him to death in the bathroom.

in the original script, this caused ed norton to go back to being a nazi (the last shot would've been him shaving his head).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dreylad posted:

Arendt's essays are fading into historical memory even as we continue to discuss the Holocaust today. People take it for granted today that the Holocaust was an atrocity that we always knew about and always cared about. As Tony Judt argues: "But if we wish to grasp the true significance of evil—what Hannah Arendt intended by calling it “banal”—then we must remember that what is truly awful about the destruction of the Jews is not that it mattered so much but that it mattered so little.

i think a lot of people (probably most everyone actually) are under the impression that because we recognize the holocaust as such an evil act, perhaps the most evil act ever committed, that it was always seen as such. the holocaust didn't enter into the public consciousness of america (or even germany) until the airing of the miniseries Holocaust in 1978. that's 33 years after the war ended and 16 years after eichmann was captured and executed by israel.

Barbe Rouge posted:

LOL what the gently caress
I understand this in a way, showing cycles of violence that fuel each other or whatever, but to the morons that idolized derek that would have been a complete affirmation of neonazism IMO.

yeah it's good they didn't go with it. i never really liked killing off the kid after he comes to the realization that hatred is a lie either tho.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

normal everyday people. i'm not talking academia. that miniseries was huge especially in germany.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this is horrible but when i watched the movie i thought his gf was ugly (and i still do sorry for anyone who thinks she's weird-cute or whatever) so it just seemed like oh white trash people got gross mates which seems to be the norm irl as well. so for me it was a negative he was getting sex since it wasn't with anyone i'd bone (i first saw the movie at 13 which is when it came out).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't understand loving someone that hates you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i didn't mean people didn't know the holocaust happened.

• Locked thread