Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which FAST SAGA film is the least bad, or "the best"
The Faast and the Furious (2001)
2 Fast 2 Furious
Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious (2009)
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7
Fate of the Furious
View Results

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
All of these movies are pretty bad, and imo are only saved by vin diesel's hilarious deadpan delivery and unintentional (?) comic timing, plus the occasional unique car-fu stunt. I'm seeing the 8th one tomorrow

Please suggest a palate cleanser. I was thinking about finally checking out Ang Lee's "Sense and Sensibility", or maybe watching some of those classic car movies that everybody wanks about (Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry is on netflix, last I checked)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress you OP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fast 7 was one of the best movies ever made and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a god. Close and Gas

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Honestly me I love these movies and they serve as a great quarantine for bad actors like Michelle Rodriguez so they don't poo poo up other films.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Plutonis posted:

Fast 7 was one of the best movies ever made and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a god. Close and Gas

not nearly enough Dominic Toretto. the scene where they pass the hacker chick through the windows while doing simultaneous burnouts is pretty cool tho

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Plutonis posted:

gently caress you OP

look i'm sorry that the fast franchise is hollywood's only acknowledgement of Brazil's existence

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Chill Penguin posted:

look i'm sorry that the fast franchise is hollywood's only acknowledgement of Brazil's existence

I've only seen the first one, but I've seen it 7 times so I think I'm done.

Also I'm glad Paul.Walker died

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

504 posted:

Also I'm glad Paul.Walker died
Mods?

Also I get not digging the first 3 movies as they were pretty standard but then the series slowly became self-aware as they started to turn things in the direction of flying cars with superpowers and it's pretty awesome.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
See Vanishing Point. Some people nearly got killed in the stunts in that movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't hot on 7 but 6 is one of my favorite action movies of all time.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I haven't seen 8 yet, but I will say this -

7 > 6 > 5 >>> 1 > 3 > 2 >>> 4

also the chronology canon of the series makes me laugh every time I think about it for longer than three seconds

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They are making 9 and 10, boys!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chill Penguin posted:

Please suggest a palate cleanser. I was thinking about finally checking out Ang Lee's "Sense and Sensibility", or maybe watching some of those classic car movies that everybody wanks about (Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry is on netflix, last I checked)

You made a thread about the Fast and the Furious to... not talk about the Fast and the Furious?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Watch the original Gone in 60 seconds. 100 cars totalled in 90 minutes!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
the eighth one was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It thoroughly enjoyed the sound of meat slabs being punched every time the rock hit someone.

• Locked thread