Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I don't think I've ever actually posted about it in this thread, but I host a podcast with a friend that's all (mostly) about RiffTrax. We try to keep it short-ish, with most episodes being between an hour to an hour and a half. We're definitely small time, but we really just do it because we like RiffTrax so much.

Anyway, it's called the True Blue Riffcast if anyone wants to check it out. It's pretty much on every podcast platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's awesome, very cool to hear.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

I don't think I've ever actually posted about it in this thread, but I host a podcast with a friend that's all (mostly) about RiffTrax. We try to keep it short-ish, with most episodes being between an hour to an hour and a half. We're definitely small time, but we really just do it because we like RiffTrax so much.

Anyway, it's called the True Blue Riffcast if anyone wants to check it out. It's pretty much on every podcast platform.

Fair warning to anyone seeking out this podcast... check out this review on apple:

"I had found what I had believed to had been certain parts of what I had believed to had been a certain installment of this "True Blue Riffcast" to had been vulgar, unnecessary, and detrimental (specifically certain forms of language)."

Listeners beware!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Spy High is a wonderful riff. It's an incredibly stupid movie where the production value is just high enough to make everything else about it come off as extra embarrassing.

Big fan of the mentor character constantly crossing his arms in nearly every shot.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Big fan of the mentor character constantly crossing his arms in nearly every shot.

Ah, like in Giant Gila Monster where everyone puts there leg up.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just got around to Terminus and this film takes the cake for 'confusing pile of vaguely artsy dreck'.
Also the main actors are a french rockstar whose music is not featured and Jurgen Prochnow in three roles whose pocked face is very much featured.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spy High has so many old "teenagers"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh no, he's a v-tuber

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I watched the Golden Corral video. I think the weirdest thing I noticed in the video, which they didn't comment on, is that the clam chowder contains PORK. What in the actual gently caress.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I've seen that before (well, bacon, but same concept.) It's... an odd approach.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s so us Jews feel extra guilty

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Alrighty I just grabbed Spy High. Also by the by I watched the recent mst3k of Munchie, what an epic. I had seen Munchie Strikes Back at a local B-movie event on the big screen too. Whatta guy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

I watched the Golden Corral video. I think the weirdest thing I noticed in the video, which they didn't comment on, is that the clam chowder contains PORK. What in the actual gently caress.

I'm not sure what Mike called 'pale beige' but I do not wish to encounter it on my plate unless circumstances were dire.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not sure what Mike called 'pale beige' but I do not wish to encounter it on my plate unless circumstances were dire.

I think it was some sort of bisque but it resembled something thickened with corn starch they gave my grandfather when he couldn’t swallow anything correctly due to a stroke.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I think we're probably rather close to this year's Kickstarter. Last year it was launched on Feb. 22.

Any dream riffs from you guys? I will always be hoping for Masters of the Universe (even though I don't think we'd ever get it).

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Transformers: The Movie. There's bound to be some good Orson Welles riffs they could do.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

I think we're probably rather close to this year's Kickstarter. Last year it was launched on Feb. 22.

Any dream riffs from you guys? I will always be hoping for Masters of the Universe (even though I don't think we'd ever get it).

All I've ever wanted was for No Holds Barred to get riffed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Southland Tales is the one I want

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anything where they don't edit it to poo poo and back before riffing it.

It's just bizarre how Mike and Conor will record 180 minute podcasts about self-published books but can't write 90 minutes of jokes for a movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They need to revisit Over the Top with everyone.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Paranormal Activity 2! I saw their riff of the first one, and I could use some more.

If it's a zany B movie I've already seen and find entertaining enough on its own, that's usually not my dream riff or anything.

I think of it like they're there to help me get through a movie. So something I'm kinda curious about, but won't quite watch on my own. I guess let's say Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot, or any poorly received comedy by the big stars in the 80s/90s.

Or, I guess for a personal favorite kooky movie they could spread the awareness of, Evil Cult (2003), which rules.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I still demand a re-riff of Twilight by Bridget & Mary Jo. The Last Vampire on Earth is also sitting right there.

It's come up in the 372 Pages discord, but since it was also a movie....The Maze Runner. It was also weird to me that they just stopped with the first Hunger Games movie when the sequels went off the rails.

Otherwise my mind goes to some classics for 90s kids....Antz, one of the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies, the original Jumanji, Hackers, Se7en (they did Saw...).

I wonder how well Just the Jokes for Disney Renaissance movies would do....

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Eventually they have to do Teen Witch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anything where they don't edit it to poo poo and back before riffing it.

It's just bizarre how Mike and Conor will record 180 minute podcasts about self-published books but can't write 90 minutes of jokes for a movie.

I'm thankful they respect my time.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Canned Panda posted:

Beastly. Preferably by Bridget and Mary Jo.

All the poo poo that made Twilight funny, only worse and more melodramatic and cliched. It would be a dream come true.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dienes posted:

Beastly. Preferably by Bridget and Mary Jo.

All the poo poo that made Twilight funny, only worse and more melodramatic and cliched. It would be a dream come true.

Like how the high school somehow has an actual witch with magic powers attending.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

It was also weird to me that they just stopped with the first Hunger Games movie when the sequels went off the rails.

The first Hunger Games didn't sell enough for them to follow up with any others.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'd like to see this Kickstarter to continue the "variations on a theme" theme, like Grimtrax. Maybe RiffTracks where the only riff shorts about trains or Brimtrax where all the movies are about hats.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You know what? Re-riff Troll 2 for live audiences.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I'm thankful they respect my time.

Yeah, I figure what they take out is either things like the racist cabbie from Time Chasers or just dishwater dull stuff that isn't worth the effort of riffing IF they didn't get an edited version already.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
But the racist cabbie in Time Chasers was the pivotal scene in that movie!!!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

All those Just the Jokes releases are unedited so they can line up with your movie, and those are some of their best. I think rifftrax would be good either way. If it was up to me I'd go for unedited, but it's all good.

Every frame of The Room must be seen

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 21, 2024

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I don't think I have any, because one of the joys of Rifftrax is that even among the current groups of folks doing riffs, they have a knack for finding just the most goddamn baffling poo poo out there. It's always just such a wonderful surprise when they find something like Fun In Balloonland or To Catch A Yeti and you sit there in slack-jawed awe trying to parse out why such a thing even exists.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Absolutely. Well maybe I'm desensitized, To Catch a Yeti is kind of a smooth watch. :D what a film. I can be baffled at any budget, Aeon Flux is a classic one.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Haven't seen To Catch A Yeti yet. Adding it to my list.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's a movie that someone made that is for sure

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jose Oquendo posted:

I mean, I am looking for Quality, Freshness and Flavor in my cream-based soups.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

You know what? Re-riff Troll 2 for live audiences.

A re-riff of Troll 2 IS something that I have heard a few staffers say they want to do. That would be a great Live show!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly I don't think I have any, because one of the joys of Rifftrax is that even among the current groups of folks doing riffs, they have a knack for finding just the most goddamn baffling poo poo out there. It's always just such a wonderful surprise when they find something like Fun In Balloonland or To Catch A Yeti and you sit there in slack-jawed awe trying to parse out why such a thing even exists.

Ah yes, but have you heard of a little movie called Transformers 2? It's even more fun to contemplate why something that should not exist was given a big budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I figure what they take out is either things like the racist cabbie from Time Chasers or just dishwater dull stuff that isn't worth the effort of riffing IF they didn't get an edited version already.

Buying a DVD of Time Chasers to see what wasn't in the episode and finding the racist cabbie and an extended bike chase really stands out in my mind.