Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey, hotshots, I found a restaurant that actually serves the legendary "size".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Barudak posted:

How was it? Did you feel you had the energy to go out and fight a bear?

I can definitely say it was the best size I've ever tasted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Action Jacktion posted:

Trucker's Woman. Oh for the days when you could literally stalk and assault a woman to get her to like you. It was directed by the same guy who did The Starfighters. His life must've been either really interesting or really dull. Also the guy they say looks like Dr. Giggles really is the guy who played Dr. Giggles (and the villain in Darkman).

In case you thought you imagined it:

I've encountered pizza like this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I could hear the riffers fine, it was the movie audio that sounded terrible.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Feeders was simultaneously worse but more watchable than Rollergator.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's been years, but Kevin's shout of "My thing!" from The Two Towers is still my all-time favorite riff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just a warning, the latest RiffTrax VOD is missing 20 minutes of its 90 minute running time. That's absurd.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What in God's name am I watching?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ten hours in and it's already almost fully funded.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
18 minutes have been cut from the latest release.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this! posted:

The beginning of the latest riff, Lady Mobster, is kind of weird. The head mobster gives a timeline of 15 years and then they make a point of giving the little girl a big scar on her cheek and then when it gets to the "present" it has been 20 years and the scar is gone.

I wouldn't be shocked if the explanation was in the twenty minutes or so they cut from the movie before they riffed it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

By popular demand posted:

Some of the books they did make Ready Player One look like goddamn Shakespeare.

Armada, for instance.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The new riff, Ninja Warlord is one of those old Chinese martial arts movies set during the Japanese occupation. So lots of tasteful portrayals of the Japanese, including the very odd choice of instead of having Japanese soldiers wear uniforms they're all dressed in karate gi.

And again they've chopped fifteen or so minutes out of the film.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quicksilver6 posted:

Is that good or bad?

It's bad. They aren't even cutting for offensive content, they're just lopping bits out at random as far as I can tell. They started doing that a few years ago and there's no drat reason I can figure out for it in most cases.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the gently caress is Lovely But Deadly?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomPauI posted:

A movie about how drugs are bad, and how you shouldn't do drugs.

And yet it's a movie whose plot and script could only have been written on drugs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm watching Ghosthouse for the first time in years and I forgot how the first guy to bite it looks like Peter Capaldi and the mortician looks like Jordan Peterson.

Also the director is Umberto Lenzi, who believe it or not made some non-inept films.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 7, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Suburban Sasquatch is out now.

They cut twenty minutes out. WHY WOULD YOU CUT TWENTY MINUTES FROM THIS KIND OF FILM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

And apparently 10 minutes were cut out of a 70 minute film. Like, come the gently caress on.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why is "durr you think RiffTrax is a film preservation service" always the reaction? I'm just baffled and annoyed that, for whatever reason, they started taking a hacksaw to their VOD releases when they managed to not do that for a decade or more.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's about 90 seconds cut from Contamination and what got trimmed was literally one of the funnier parts of the film where Colonel Whatsherface stares into the camera and draws out a line for so long the poor woman who dubbed her voice kinda wigged out. There's no way they couldn't have had fun with that.

I just don't understand how a team that managed to write riffs for all of motherfucking Rollergator are suddenly having problems writing a whole movie's worth of jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 16, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Some of it is 100% like TVs Ian said, it's the edit of the movie that they get the rights to use.

Yeah, that's definitely the case for Ninja Warlord. It's one of approximately 57 different cuts of that movie and the cuts are obviously from being edited for television by Larry Bensky. Wanna know why the film is so slow and jerky for the first minute? The original cut had a paragraph of text in Chinese explaining what was going on (I assume) and to cover it up they slowed down the first scene after that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Another Bill posted:

What's that thing we're supposed to repeat to ourselves again?

That's MST3K.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Vidiot posted:

It's wild that the director of Final Justice and Joysticks directed Uninvited.

Go ahead on.

And Angels' Revenge and Star Games and Dark Future.

AND, for those who remember recurring MST3K riffs: Lambada, the Forbidden Dance.

AND AND this thing which I have never seen but has an amazing cast: Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Cameron Mitchell, Larry Storch, and of all possible people, David Caruso. Please do this one Rifftrax.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 20, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

It goes back in the mouth of the other cat

Maybe. The special effects sequences aren't consistent at all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess I don't really know too much about their personal lives but stuff like references to Half-Life or Solid Snake just make me roll my eyes because I am very dubious of their knowledge of video games and their protagonists.

Yeah there's nothing worse than stolen gamer valor :jerkbag:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How dare the RiffTrax dudes present themselves as knowledgeable about something as arcane as video games. They're obviously fake gamer scum.

Because, what, normies don't play video games? What the hell point do you think you have?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Or it's just a reference to a hugely popular song from when some of the riffers were kids that's been played on the radio constantly since then. It was in a Saints Row game for gently caress's sake.

Unless :thejoke:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think he did a guest appearance on some thing with him a few years ago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, that's not at all good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomPauI posted:

The only thing I've heard from anyone tired to Rifftrax was the Bill Corbett tweet about how the discussions about what happens now are being done in private.

Yeah, there's really not much more to say at this point besides the whole thing sucks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm really, really glad this godawful situation has been resolved in an apparently positive way for everyone except the bigoted jackasses.

Timby posted:

He also spent more than a decade living really heavily, drinking and drugging. He's been clean for 30-something years, now, though.

Just FYI this is the reason Bill W. got a credit in early seasons of MST3K.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 18, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Frank and Bill have said they believe Mike's apology is sincere. That's honestly good enough for me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Breadallelogram posted:

It's really wild watching the Audio Mullet and Babylon Bee gang cry over the twitter mob ruining Mike's life. Nobody's really mad at Mike anymore since he apologized, it's YOU everyone dislikes.

It's how they rope people in. They They make a big deal about how they're Christian or whatever to attract people who identify as Christian but aren't bigots. Then if those people realize that they've been hanging out with bigoted trash they deliberately don't criticize them, they criticize the people who rightly point out they're bigoted trash to give themselves a false veneer of being just ordinary folks being persecuted.

It's a weaponized version of that one Geek Social Fallacy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like there's valid reasons to dislike "cancel culture" (inasmuch as it's even a thing, which it really isn't), but this situation is 100% not an example of it. Mike apologized instead of doubling down so the whole issue is resolved, cancellation not required or even suggested.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cheese puffs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My cheese puffs!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Also, I've been talking to one of my contacts at RiffTrax and Troll 2 has been removed.

Not much of a loss, Lowtax's delivery loving sucked. Maybe they can redo it with Bill and Kevin in his place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Been watching This is Hormal and please rename me to "Plump Red Idaho Beans".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This was one of those movies that just drowns all Rifftrax's jokes in a sea of mind-numbing dullness. It's not even memorably bad like Rollergator. It's just blah.