Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It will never make sense, strap in for Seal Team Santa, an Ogre eating a puppy, and direct flights to Santa's forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, how many people die a year getting lost in Santa's forest, or getting eaten by wolves and ogres?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth buying?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Years ago I filezed Rollergator before I deleted it. I regret having deleted it because I think I'd want to see if I could sit thru it before buying it. I don't regret filezing it in the first place though because at this point I've easily spent over hundred dollars on riffs. A year. For nearly a decade.

I have a problem.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bought Rollergator. May God have mercy on my soul.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I also picked up Nestor the Christmas Donkey. I read the Wikipedia entry so I knew what I was getting into. But I still didn't know what I was getting into.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to suggest shorts for riffing? This short on Pressure Cookers should be especially riffable.

There's a busy housewife, a rush to plate a loaf of sliced bread, regular meals of meat as big as a human head, a daughter gets an advance on her allowance to buy a pressure cooker, a mother who couldn't imagine cooking more than one type of vegetable at a time, love that's conditional on cooking well, teenagers with wedding rings, a grown man having trouble eating spaghetti, and vague warnings to not deviate too much from the cooking process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZavYMVXYam8

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the info, I added it to the list of suggestions. Fingers crossed!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think "Atmospheric Penetration: Basic Dynamics of Re-Entry" is riffable because of a 4-minute long technical segment. But the idea of them riffing a short where a cartoon character designs an ICBM is still amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hb9be6Sg0U

"A Step Saving Kitchen" might work. What farmer's wife hasn't written to the USDA asking for help with kitchens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUL3i4O5kU

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 17, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll wait for a few more reviews before getting the Buck Rogers riff, though I'm partial to getting it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, I still remember the last Kickstarter thread had people complaining that they weren't going to chip in because they hated the live riffs. And there were even more things being given away for that one at the $1 level.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Under two minutes in and Godsheep is already a personal favorite.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I should have known I wouldn't like the second short. The actresses voice reminds me too much of someone else's voice and, well, there's a lot of baggage.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's a cat!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why do so many bad 80s movies look like they're peak 80's?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Please let us know how it is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know there have to have been training films made for lawyers, but I'm not sure how to find any. Much less one that they could riff. Does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone want to see them do shorts for other fields they havent covered yet?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Double posting, but I was looking thru old shorts and the dad in this short is peak 1950's.

From reading to the kids while smoking his pipe to reminiscing about his childhood while smoking his pipe, to praising industrial agriculture while smoking his pipe. If Rifftrax ever needed a model for stereotypical 50's dad he would be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKGHwRwpxzQ

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did they film trolls 4 just to give Lowtax the work?

Spoiler alert, it refers back to trolls 3 thru flashbacks and story development, but there was never a trolls 3.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax gave a clue about the movie in another thread. An Italian movie with a boat. I'm putting my money on it Rifftrax's first animated feature. Titanic: The Legend Goes On.

Who couldn't love a cast of characters that includes "a family of Yiddish mice, some geese, a dog named Fritz, a magpie named Hector, and a band of Mexican mice."

Edit: The Yiddish family wouldn't include Fievel, he made the trip over in 1885.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 25, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really want them to riff "The Last Stand". An Italian rip-off of Rambo about a football team traveling to a island/tropical nation to rescue the daughter of a diplomate falsely held on drug charges. Ernest Borgnine rounds out the cast as the coach.

A review is here http://monsterhuntermoviereviews.com/2016/02/07/the-last-match-1991/

The movie is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA5gdep1axc

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to a trip report on Junior Prom.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's a cat!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I panicked!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Piggywig has a taste for long pork. The wedding ring is all that's left.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly spent on slashers. The jokes need to be pretty solid for me to consider picking this one up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have a question for the goon who works for Rifftrax. Do you find the ideas.rifftrax thing useful?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth buying?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, I meant Sherlock Holmes. I already have Junior Prom but I stopped watching it around the time Pianist Fake-teen started playing jazz in Mrs. Prudes class

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was based off a popular poem.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Kickstarter code still worked last I checked. And that was a week ago. Not sharing it though, that was just for us!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got one feature and seven shorts for the price of one feature.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still charmed by Moon Zero Two from MST3K Season 1

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Tagline made me hopeful that it was a riff of an Are You Afraid of the Dark movie.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The preview is funny.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sooner or later they're going to get around to removing the kickstarter coupon but it still worked today.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean there's hope yet for a riff of "surviving edged weapons"?

Edit: for context, the testimonials and autopsy photos are depressing and awful so they would need to be cut.

Scenes that would stay in the film include Porsche driving assassin whose clothes are lined with all the knives, Canadian doing a traffic stop, and the "ain't gonna die in no ghetto" speech.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 22, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Building on that, could they have bought tv-edits?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BaronVonVaderham posted:

As long as they leave in the guy with the medieval sword, that's fine. And the satanic ritual.

The surprise meat cleaver to the head was appreciated.

Edit: The film essentially trains cops on what to look out for if they wind up in an 80's slasher flick.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 25, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize Rifftrax covered a Moody film. I'd been waiting for them to do so. Those are educational films that put the Christ back into Science. Just don't ask where h, r, and t went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They turned Kickstarterlove off a few weeks back. It was good all the months while it lasted.

That reminds me of the guy who bragged about not backing the Kickstarter out of principal because he got nothing out of them.