Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jet Jaguar posted:

Finally got around to watching Samurai Cop and that... sure was a thing. I want an entire prequel movie about the police chief and his hatred of everything.

The editing in Samurai Cop is BAFFLING. It's the kind of thing that people who are intentionally trying to make a bad movie never even attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

By popular demand posted:

E: The Last Slumberparty is a modern masterpiece on the level of DOOM HOUSE and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.

Also the most casually homophobic movie I've ever seen. They're just dropping F-bombs left and right for no reason.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Prime selection shifts every couple of months, I’ve been able to watch a whole bunch over the course of sick days and long weekends.

I watched The Psychotronic Man on Sunday and the “trying to start the wakka-chikka machine” gag might be the hardest I’ve ever laughed at a Rifftrax.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Christmas Circus special that they added to Amazon is loving insane. 60s children’s television is so strange and upsetting.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Geoj posted:

Is it Christmas Circus with Whizzo the Clown? Or something new?

If it's the former the only acid-tripper 60s children movie is Fun in Balloonland.

With Whizzo and the child with the concerning wet cough, yeah.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Doc M posted:

Fun in Balloonland just started on the Twitch channel. :getin:

Yay yay!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mr. Fowl posted:

Honestly, this is only a half-joke. Roughly half the director's filmography is "people running around THE SAME EXACT HOUSE IN EVERY MOVIE half-naked".

FTFY

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And all the technical limitations too! I loved finding out that the camera they filmed it on could only take 30 seconds of footage at a time.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I just remember him as the guy who says "he's dead" at the beginning of Black Dynamite.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

AvesPKS posted:

It's hilarious and I'm not sure why.

Also, Psychotronic Man is hilarious.

The wakka-chikka machine is my single favorite riff. I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Davros1 posted:

JUNIOR PROM, by Mary Jo and Bridget is hilarious

God those 40s teen movies are such a weird look into pop culture of that era.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OoZNdAQuA

If you haven't seen it, Samurai Cop is also excellent trash from this genre. I've seen it riffed and unriffed and enjoyed both.

Samurai Cop has the funniest editing I've ever seen.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I constantly felt that something was going to go TERRIBLY WRONG during Whizzo, which puts it about Ice Cream Bunny and Balloonland in my Most Upsetting Rifftrax ranking.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh god I forgot about that child’s hideous cough in Whizzo.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And a well-done steak!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I threw on The Guy From Harlem too and every scene where they clearly flub a line and then keep filming makes me happy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fezz posted:

I don't know why, but this was a saved reply for this thread.

Anyway, I watched Light Blast and that sure was a movie-like object. Great riff though. Any other weird action movies I should check out?

Death Promise. It’s so grimy!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have watched a lot of Christmas shorts in the past few days and every Castle Films joke makes me laugh.

“Castle Films, pouring boiling oil into the eyes of their viewers for over 30 years!”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also all the Teen Agers movies are loving wild. I think the first two are free on Tubi if you want to check them out.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Apple was just... wow.

I love when filmmakers are like “this is my grand vision statement piece” and then they produce something as tonally wild and muddled as The Apple.

It also somehow manages to be insanely camp and homophobic at the same time, which was very surprising.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Aw dang, they must have cut out the stirring monologue featuring a young Tom Hanks!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The main character of this movie is DR. BARRETT COLDYRON.

It is some fantastic 'dumb person trying to be smart' cinema.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Why’d we upload this movie to YouTube? For TWO reasons... that are very important to me and my happiness.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Tubi just updated its Rifftrax selection and I have to say, Attack of the Super Monsters is a delight. I’ve felt like dogshit the whole day and seeing a bunch of puppet dinosaurs melodramatically flail around brought me a lot of much needed laughs.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Doesn’t that also have a moment where the old guy, also a doll, flips like 180 degrees in mid-rope swing?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m watching 1990: The Bronx Warriors and I didn’t expect our main characters to get their asses kicked by the Bob Fosse gang.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

That's exactly what Scott Shaw does, though; he pretentiously calls it "zen filmmaking" and is under the impression that it makes for High Art. If you check out trailers for some of his other films like The Roller-Blade Seven/Return of the Roller-Blade Seven you'll see dialogue he seems so inordinately proud of, like (paraphrasing from memory):

"My sister... who became... your sister?"
"Yes, our sister's sister." (or maybe "sister-sister" who knows, it was all filmed with ambient sound of course)

There's like, maybe one line that could get a chuckle in an entire movie (someone mentioned "For entertainment purposes only!", and Rollergator had "hosing down the clowns"). But most of the time it's just bad amateur improv.

Since so many of them involve Donald Jackson they also get a lot of mileage recycling the costumes/prosthetics from Hell Comes to Frogtown.

Oh man, digging further into this Shaw/Jackson connection, it is very clear that he has written all of his own Wikpedia entries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Shaw

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Imagined posted:

I really can't tell the difference between Whizzo and a dead crab.

This is a deep cut reference and I appreciate it.

Also I’m still worried that something’s going to go wrong in Christmas Circus even though I’ve seen it like a half dozen times.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lovely But Deadly is on Amazon Prime now and holy poo poo this movie rules.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I watched a Good Bad Or Bad Bad about Dancing: It's On and it seems amazing. I didn't know the guy who directed Space Mutiny was in West Side Story!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Check your Roku accessibility settings. Sometimes mine gets set to “subtitles always on” and it goes across platforms.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Microbudget Canadian SOV horror film.

Though I hope they don’t cut the opening scene of a woman silently stripping all her clothes off in the gnarliest looking basement in cinema history while you’re thinking “oh honey no, not for Things.”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Golden Bee posted:

They’re going to make their own movie and let everyone else mock it

The Space Cop approach, interesting...

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm sorry but this game doesn't look fun at all. You can have a robot read your lines or use canned generic lines. Who is this for?

The folks who already enjoy Jackbox and What The Dub. It looks like a great license use for a party game and I appreciate having the main three in there for prewritten lines.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh man diving right into Bloated Russian Seagal.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I did not know there was a Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny-themed Three Wolf Moon shirt available: https://rifftrax.threadless.com/designs/three-hurr-moon

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Teen Agers movies are fascinating, I don't know if they actually appealed to teenagers in the 40s but it's wild to think about.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Shout out to the Rifftrax Roku app for adding a Random Riff button, I’m getting a lot of good shorts.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Are there any other riffs that have a bunch of actors completely flubbing their lines? It’s my favorite part of Guy From Harlem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dawgstar posted:

I revisited Cobra not too long ago and forgot about the bit where Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti takes an already cut slice of pizza and then snips part of it off with scissors - that I really do hope are just for his pizza, his pizza scissors - and eats that part. "This, uh, makes him kinda, y'know, quirky."

I can’t remember if this is before or after he pulls his gun cleaning kit out of an egg carton in the fridge.