Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RandomPauI posted:

What was the point of The Baggs?

To unsettle you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really hope they want to do Classic Monsters riffs--that was one of the more exciting options in the survey.

Heh, while they're at it, they could riff Nosferatu--that's public domain.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wonder if the Roger Corman version of The Fantastic Four would be a good subject? Or is it simply too slapdash?

I imagine the rights are a tangled nightmare.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Except the reboot was actually good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Rock n Roll Nightmare is basically all for the last five minutes. And the wait it very much worth it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Honestly, Rollergator is basically unwatchable.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jet Jaguar posted:

Will I be able to follow this one if I've forgotten all the riveting events in Drawing for Beginners: The Rectangle?

You fool! It will be far too advanced for you--you'll kill us all!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Invasion of the Animal People and one thing that's really bugging me is how nobody is ever dressed for the weather. Like how the playboy geologist doesn't wear a hat or coat up high up in the mountains of Lapland.

It's a fascinating movie to try and puzzle out. For example, it has almost no sound effects, just a scant few stock ones.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Davros1 posted:

I can't mock Roberts for doing these films once I found out in an interview that he does them so he can turn the money over to charities.

Oh jesus, it's literally money for homeless orphans and puppies.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Does anyone know if the new Spring Collection is all new riffs?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I know that the woman in the second short of The Spring Collection is credited as Michele Burke, but I am convinced she's Mae Questel under an assumed name. She sounds too much like Olive Oyl/Betty Boop.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh my God, that cast: Ernest Borgnine, Charles Napier, Henry Silva and Martin Balsam.

Now that is one hell of a loving cast.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just watched House on Sorority Row and it's amazing how that killer managed to stab and bludgeon so many people to death with a cane without leaving so much as a drop of blood.

It got real silly when they got into the van the girl was killed in and it's like...that seat should be soaked in blood.

And how towards the end, the surviving girl passed by a fire alarm like four times without thinking "Maybe I should pull this..." She's basically leaning on it at one point.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like Merlin: The Return wasn't so much a film as a series of events. There wasn't an arc, there wasn't any character development. Things simply happened in a vague way. King Arthur jumped into a quarry for the Lady of the Lake to catch him but ended up in Hell. Tia Carrere encouraged a child to murder a wizard with an earthquake gun. Excalibur was apparently somewhere.

Were there really even characters? Did this happen?

And yeah, the bit at the beginning where people seem to know Merlin had me thinking it was a sequel too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Watched the latest Bridget and Mary Jo feature, Junior Prom, and it has a really insane plot. Mainly because there's this whole thing about the class election and the one character you're supposed to support versus the one you're not and they forgot to give the one you're not any flaws. There's a plot point about his dad withholding a donation from the school unless his son wins but it's never said that the son even knows this is happening.

This is compared to the "good" candidate who steals a truck by bamboozling a gas station clerk and then there's a whole song and dance number where they lie to the student body making a bunch of promises they can't keep.

I really hope they do the rest of this series. There's like a dozen movies.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Junior Prom? Yes, it's ridiculous and it has numerous musical interludes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Breadallelogram posted:

Dang, do all 3 of those stack?

Sorta. Rifftrax applies the largest discount first, then the next biggest, then the next until the smallest discount. So it's not 30% off, it's a bit less than that, like 27%. Say you buy $20 worth of riffs. The 15% discount takes it down to $17 and then 10% is taken off that, rather than the original subtotal. So you get $15.30 and finally $14.54. Still a lot though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Breadallelogram posted:

Finally watched Rollergator. Legitimately the most poorly made film I've ever seen.

I'm so sorry.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I think it is worth watching just for the insane costuming for what was considered "cool" in the early 90s.

It also has fun set design and the academy award winning cinematographer of Shindler's List and Saving Private Ryan!

But holy poo poo, those costumes are amazing. I genuinely want that one hat he wears, the one with the chrome plate.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

X-O posted:

The Ice Cream Man is out, just grabbed it. Trailer looks amazing, can't wait to watch it tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoV7Z0IFMho

I remember seeing this on the shelf at Blockbuster next to Jack Frost.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
With Samurai Cop, it's important to understand that it being so weirdly edited and the Samurai Cop having a wig in a lot of the scenes are sort of due to the same thing--six months or so after filming wrapped up, the director called everyone and had them shoot and re-shoot a lot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I wonder if that movie had to pay for the licenses or got paid for the product placement :iiam:

I think it's a mix of both. After all, you've got appearances from both Overwatch and Battleborn characters in it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think he literally did phone it in or at the very least they just fired up a Skype call or something for it.

Technically, he didn't phone it in.

He just recorded it in his living room in like thirty minutes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Spiker is...kind of amazing in how badly it fails at being the by-the-numbers olympic sports movie it's setting out to be. Like, the guy I thought was the lead drops out of the movie halfway through and then never comes back and no one really replaces him. This also leaves the movie with no plot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just watched Shoemaker and the Elves. I like how the when the elves start singing in Japanese, the narrator pretends it's just incomprehensible Elf-land language.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm convinced that Tupperware is some kind of cult.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

FlamingLiberal posted:

God drat Star Raiders may be the worst movie they’ve done yet

It is impressively bad. Also, the transport pilot kinda looks like Rich Evans if you squint.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

X-O posted:

For me Rollergator is right to the edge of the line in terms of badness before the riffing isn't worth it. I enjoyed the riff even though the movie is excruciating. I think it's definitely the worst movie that's ever been riffed from any iteration or branch off of MST3K. And a big part of that is the goddamn loop of music.

I would consider re-watching or even re-buying if they just had a version where they remixed the sound with the music at a lower volume. I didn't get through because that soundtrack was both unlistenable and at the same level as the actors.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really hope they do the other subspecies movies; they're kind of great.

Speaking of rifftrax doing the first movie after the sequel, I just watched Kill or be Killed. It's kind of amazing how much better it is than the sequel, Kill and Kill Again. It's still not a good movie, but it's enough of a good bad movie that I could definitely be entertained by it without the riff. I think the big mistake of the sequel was dropping Chico.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I would like to note that there is a review for Feeders on this very website.

Oh, and it was also Blockbuster Video's most rented Independent Film of 1996!

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 11, 2019

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm with you but on the other hand those stock date and time graphics are instantly recognizable as the style of a 90s news show or documentary.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Unkempt posted:

Just found out 'Tubi' has a bunch of stuff I hadn't seen and, wow, 'Godmonster of Indian Flats' is a hell of a thing.

Edit: finished 'Godmonster'. :stonk:

It reminds me of Rock and Roll Nightmare where they're both these meandering films then suddenly have an ending you could not have possibly seen coming and they are both starkly different endings. I watched the end of Godmonster with my brother and my mom and we were all just like "What? What? What? What even was that?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sephyr posted:

Holy crap. Santa's Summer House.

I'll admit, Rifftrax was getting a bit tired for me. Could just have been my mood.

Then Kevin's joke of "glad to share this house with the cast and crew of rear end Worshipers #12" landed and I was a useless dope laughing for like, 10 minutes.

Now I just feel happy.

Honestly, this is only a half-joke. Roughly half the director's filmography is "people running around a nice house half-naked".

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So, what shorts are covered by the Super Tuesday "patriotic" sale?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Also, from what I remember of RLM looking at it, they only have one sound effect for the Sasquatch roar. So it's just doing "Grarararar" on repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lumbermouth posted:

I constantly felt that something was going to go TERRIBLY WRONG during Whizzo, which puts it about Ice Cream Bunny and Balloonland in my Most Upsetting Rifftrax ranking.

It has a real creepypasta vibe.