Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Edward Mass posted:

That has to be the longest 80-minute movie ever made.
I can't believe that apparently Rick Baker of all people made the suit. Never would have guessed.

I did admire the balls of the movie to just say 'hey, here's the full suit 1 minute in, just for kicks'

It certainly had all of the hallmarks of terrible B-movies from that era

-Bad racial stereotypes
-Long, long, long shots of the monster moving around somewhere to just extend the runtime
-Day-for-night
-One woman character who does nothing but scream and/or get abducted by the monster for 'reasons'
-Abrupt ending
-Even more long shots of absolutely nothing happening just to pad the runtime
-Tons of stock footage

I can't believe it's not even 75 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

God drat Star Raiders may be the worst movie they’ve done yet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

"Well I have to say, these computer graphics were impressive back in 1992"

"Uhhh this movie was made 18 months ago....."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BDawg posted:

Horrible movie, but one of the best RiffTrax.

Disappointed that we had to wait for the end for Cynthia Rothrock.
Yeah I kept waiting for her to show up, only to be disappointed that it's a four line role in the last 5 minutes when they are for some reason doing a sequel hook

It sure feels like they couldn't decide how to end the story so they just have it very quickly segue into sequel bait

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It kind of felt like the movie was almost going to make the Transport Pilot evil (the Prince knocks him out but then his eyes open) but then I guess he just turns out to be a good friend to them all?

Edit: Ha, I had my suspicions and after checking IMDB yes, the Transport Pilot was totally the writer/director of the movie.
It really seemed like they were going to have him show up as one of those undead skull robot things near the end, but nope

I was also surprised how the middle part of the movie had almost no Casper Van Dien, and instead focused on really bad plot stuff that wasn't even necessary like the scenes between the prince and the princess. There's loads of unnecessary padding that I can't tell if it was on purpose or the director is just that incompetent that they never followed up on dropped plot threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gavok posted:

Yeah, that was a solid RiffTrax movie. Constantly distracted by the son's terrible hair and the fact that the priest must have joined the church after his linebacker career went nowhere. He had a real Henry Cavill quality to him.

The short came off like they had a robot watch a bunch of work accident videos and then had it write its own.
I loved that at no point did they ever find the dead plumber under the house

That movie also had multiple Star Trek connections, between the son who played Nog on Deep Space Nine, and the grandmother who played Spock's mom on TOS (which they made a joke about at one point). Norman Lloyd (the old priest) also guested on TNG as Picard's mentor, Professor Galen.