Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FrensaGeran posted:

I am 15 minutes into my very first watch of Fun in Balloonland. It is somehow simultaneously exactly what I was expecting and absolutely shocking in every way.

Oh, just you wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I once introduced someone to Rifftrax by playing Balloonland and the Star Wars Holiday Special back to back. It broke them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

That's an extremely clickbait way to put it, sure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
You should buy The Room dvd for the special features alone

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Director commentary? Something more?

Canned Panda posted:

Make sure you buy it from Tommy's website too. He usually throws in an autographed headshot.

It’s the above plus an absolutely bizarre Q&A where Greg asks Tommy softball questions and Tommy goes off on bizarre tangents.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
You have to add the $10 credit to your account by 12/31, so don’t forget!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought I was prepared for Fun in Balloonland.

I was not.

I watch it every year and each time I have a different guess for why that lady is so deranged

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I actively seek out horrible movies to watch and I’m a huge fan of Neil Breen’s garbage, but Birdemic made me so angry, I shut it off with 10 minutes left because I couldn’t stand wasting one more second of my life watching it. It is absolutely wretched and I wish bad things to happen to anyone involved in it’s creation. The twenty seconds of clip art birds bombing the city is literally the only scene worth watching.

SOLAR PANELS

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I watched Krull for the first time recently and it was... okay? It's definitely a bad movie, but it's one of the rare ones that's able to hold your attention. Should be decent riff material, especially the dodgy Cyclops mask.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If anyone's still on the fence about the Kickstarter this year, they just announced that $1 backers will get 10 free shorts, plus $1 credit each if you already own one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The only real problem- but it's kind of a big one- is that the film's entire second act is basically "the characters try to figure out where the bad guy's fortress will teleport to next." It really feels like the plot isn't moving at all because it's just them looking for directions.

For sure, that film meanders constantly once they enter the swamp bog location and it doesn’t really entertain you again until the ridiculous fire-Clydesdale scene.