Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

muscles like this! posted:

Its kind of amazing how well Paul F Tompkins just kind of fitted into their jokes.

That's because Paul F Tompkins is legitimately one of the funniest people alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not trying to dog on either, but it's silly as gently caress to try and bar MST3K discussion from a thread about a thing that literally, no exaggeration, only exists because of MST3K :shrug:

I don't think anyone actually cares?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

ringu0 posted:

Where you're going there is no God

And its Not-Name is Joe Estevez.

Waited that whole drat movie for the Gator to be on a skateboard and he was just immediately picked back up and put in a bag.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Maxwell Lord posted:

Space Mutiny manages to somehow make less sense in an unedited format.

I thought it made more sense on a beat-to-beat basis, but holy poo poo if them space witches could have just fixed the whole thing instead of all those dang explosions and deaths and people being cryogenically frozen for no apparent reason that would have been neat.

Hell, just a movie of Battlestar footage would have been better. Just the ships, though. Nothing else.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The end of Day of the Animals is such an amazing cop out. Crazy animals are all dead and the ozone problem went back to normal. Nobody had to actually do anything. Also the weird cancer storyline went absolutely nowhere because the guy just dies.

I have some bad news inre: Night of the Living Dead then.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

My favorite part of Rollergator is how you wait the whole movie for him to be on a skateboard and then when he finally is, he’s taken off it almost immediately.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

RandomPauI posted:

Does she follow any youtube channels for them? Periscopefilm, weirdo video, Jeff Quitney, etc?

Edit: Here's one where people get hurt because of moral failings. It's narrated by a talking clock.

https://youtu.be/fVcapo3cyEk

"The death certificate should have said: 'Died of Boredom.'"

Holy poo poo.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Barudak posted:

and its like I have an awful headache the entire time.

That's what that feeling is.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mister Kingdom posted:

How many Rifftrax/MST3K/etc movies fall into this category?

Probably lots. Space Mutiny could have been great if not for the lovely, well, everything.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm finally getting around to Fun In Balloonland and I swear to God this narrator woman sounds like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Really digging into those '80s comic strips for slides on this go round

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I would absolutely watch a sequel to that. (Riffed)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Skratchez posted:

And the Star Wars prequels

Whoa now this movie was far, far worse than even Phantom Menace. At least the prequels had finished, fully-designed and -rendered ships, backgrounds, SFX, etc. And edits that, while nonsensical at times, were not just plain bad. And the kid that played the prince in this was just loving awful. Like on a level I can't even comprehend.

One of the things I appreciated about this riff is how much they gave the original film space to just be bad, especially in the editing.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

One thing I thought was really funny was how poor the make up was on all the masks. Like how both the big head guy and the lizard woman didn't have the mouths properly attached so the mask lips barely moved and you could see their real mouths. Also it wasn't clear but I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to be able to see the bad guy's eyes through his fake head mask.

The bad guy eyes was the best part. I don't even know if the guys caught it because it seems like it would be something that just needs to be called out, like the stormtrooper helmet thing in Star Wars.

The thing about the makeup to me is that almost every alien was so close to being good, and then there would be one major flaw that tanked it--other than the mouths, which were universally bad. Lizard lady's eyes were too high in the mask so they were constant hidden by the brow ridge. Bad guy's eyes. Captain Lou's mustache. Etc. It was like Uncanny Valley: The Movie.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

This may be a surprise but there was a large African theater in WWII.

North African, tho. To be sure.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

But, to be clear, not South.

Probably.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Geoj posted:

How does the "movie in a movie" stack up against Thumbelina in the non-live version?

THERE'S THAT SMELL AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"I'm playing Duncan, so this shouldn't take long."