Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Established in 2006 when it was just Mike, a microphone, and a copy of Road House, RiffTrax has established itself as its own entity, having lasted longer than MST3K's original run!
I remember when I heard of Rifftrax back in 2006 and thought "Well, that's a cool project I guess, I wonder if it'll go anywhere." I also remember how excited I was when Kevin and Bill joined, even though it usually was only one of them riffing with Mike at that point.

Basically I'm trying to say "jesus christ I feel so old right now :gonk:"

[e] I'd personally add the Harry Potter riffs to the list of essentials. Not all of them are super amazing (Order of the Phoenix is my least favorite by far, as it has too many dick jokes even by my standards) but the first three or four are really good.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'm watching the Harry Potter films again, and for some reason I actually liked the Order of the Phoenix riff with all its dumb sex jokes and "wand is a euphemism for penis" stuff this time around. Maybe turning 30 has caused my sense of humor to regress even further down to middle school level. :downs: Or maybe I was just in a better mood than I was the last time I saw this.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Burkion posted:

I'm still mildly shocked Mike and Bridget have never riffed something together
I think they did an episode of Grey's Anatomy(?) at one point, many years ago.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I finally got around to buying Fun in Balloonland. I'm ten minutes in and... err... :wtc:

I don't know what I expected, but it was not... this. Suddenly, my decision not to drink all the booze in the world before watching this thing seems like a huge mistake.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

RandomPauI posted:

Don't worry, the narrator does that for you.
I'm pretty sure she was hallucinating for the last ten minutes or so. Or maybe I was, it's difficult to tell at this point.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Even though I've been an MST3K/Rifftrax fan for over a decade and have sat through some of the most horrendous cinematic disasters of all time, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to be able to handle Birdemic in all its glory. I'm watching the live riff on Amazon Prime and the birds haven't even shown up yet, but I'm pretty sure my brain is already melting down due to the sheer incompetence on display here.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Well, that was all kinds of awful and made The Room look like Citizen Kane. Also, Tommy Wiseau is more intelligible and charming than Rod here and should've been the protagonist.

In conclusion: swh pnls

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Fun in Balloonland just started on the Twitch channel. :getin:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 28, 2022

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I watched a bunch of Rifftrax stuff on Youtube, and now the Ice Cream Bunny's ghastly visage apparently haunts my Youtube recommendations forever. He's always there in the sidebar, and he's there every time I finish a video. I can almost hear the demented laughter.

To be fair, this is a big improvement over the kind of stuff the algorithm usually thinks I might enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Ms Boods posted:

I'd like to get my own back with the Wicker Man riff, but the version of WM we recently watched on Amazon Prime was missing the bees scene...how is that even :psyduck:
Someone took "NOT THE BEES" a bit too literally, I guess.